Update: Dungey's injury is not career-ending | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Update: Dungey's injury is not career-ending

I love Dungey as a player but at some point he's a fragile player that is reckless and we need to be ready for life without him.

It's his 3rd concussion his career may be over . Injuries suck its just bad luck when you get hurt . I laugh when I hear injury prone again it's just bad luck

The only people who know what the injury is definatively are his family and the doctor.same with the injuries from last year.

I love Dungey as a player but at some point he's a fragile player that is reckless and we need to be ready for life without him.

That's why we continue to add to the qb mix.with any running qb offense you need at least 2 or 3 your comfortable with

We had 100 yards of offense in the 1st half. Im skeptical that the O did its job in any part of that game outside of a few long completions.

We had no drives. Can't get yards if you don't have the ball.

There were 4 normal drives in the first half. They resulted in a TD, an INT by taking a deep shot, a FG, and a 3/out. That is good enough to win a game.

That's why we continue to add to the qb mix.with any running qb offense you need at least 2 or 3 your comfortable with
Yep. Wish we knew what we had with Culpepper.

Just another SUfan poster playing doctor. I had no idea this board had so many MD's until the Dungey hit in the Clemson game. He knows nada about Dungey's medical file (along with the rest of the board).
No kidding. Do board members get to stay free at Holiday Inn Express or something?

He got concussions last year and every one concerned that it may be close to losing his playing eligibity. Then he gets smacked in the head again not his balls and can't even lift his head. He wants to come back in and play the rest of the game and they say oh no . Syracuse plays North Carolina State a team that they can be at and maybe get tos bowl. But the coaches say no way is hes not going to play. Now news is that he is not going to be ready for Florida State. Sadly it does not look good and I am not wishing the demise of his career nor do I wish anybody jeopardize his health by having him play again if he had another concussion. draw your own conclusions.

Pains me terribly to say this but as much as I want to see Eric back on the field, if he were my son and has indeed suffered multiple concussions over the past 14 months his football career would be over.

He got concussions last year and every one concerned that it may be close to losing his playing eligibity. Then he gets smacked in the head again not his balls and can't even lift his head. He wants to come back in and play the rest of the game and they say oh no . Syracuse plays North Carolina State a team that they can be at and maybe get tos bowl. But the coaches say no way is hes not going to play. Now news is that he is not going to be ready for Florida State. Sadly it does not look good and I am not wishing the demise of his career nor do I wish anybody jeopardize his health by having him play again if he had another concussion. draw your own conclusions.
Coaches don't get to say if he goes in or not at this point. It's up to the medical staff.

Not a good sign.
agreed. Cuse medical staff has been quick to retire players over the last few years. Some who have gotten opinions elsewhere and resumed playing for other teams. Obviously, I am hoping for the best for Mr. Dungey either way, however, it is amazing to think where we are today, as opposed to two weeks ago. If Dungey is done, that definitely throws a serious wrench in our trajectory, at least in the immediate future.

Last edited:
There seems to be a trend these days of pundits, newscasters, experts, etc. redefining what is plain to see with your own two eyes. I don't care what Babers says, I SAW Dungey get a hard helmet to helmet tackle, period. I can only conclude that that his injury involves the brain, concussion or otherwise. The only thing I'm not sure about is how serious it is. Notwithstanding, his health comes first!

Or maybe it's to get clearance to play?
Exactly - to "get." Considering our recent 3 concussion rule history and the "probably doubtful" comment, second opinion is likely sought to get clearance - as opposed to confirm.

There seems to be a trend these days of pundits, newscasters, experts, etc. redefining what is plain to see with your own two eyes. I don't care what Babers says, I SAW Dungey get a hard helmet to helmet tackle, period. I can only conclude that that his injury involves the brain, concussion or otherwise. The only thing I'm not sure about is how serious it is. Notwithstanding, his health comes first!
Pretty broad stroke there, really going out on a limb.

"Otherwise" encompasses quite a bit...

Exactly - to "get." Considering our recent 3 concussion rule history and the "probably doubtful" comment, second opinion is likely sought to get clearance - as opposed to confirm.

When did he have three concussions?

Not saying he did, but it sure looks like this was one. And, as has been widely reported (true or not) two last year.

I still can't believe we were as careless as we were against Clemson.

Dungey should not have been running the ball that afternoon - not at all.

What a friggin waste.

I agree , but all dino and lewis can do is coach situations. once the ball is snapped you cant control the kids competitiveness and want to ad lib and fight for every yard . what makes him great might ultimately be his downfall.

His health comes first but the hit wasnt a direct helmut to helmut but rather helmut to shoulder pad that whiplashed ED's head. This can be a cause of concussion also as the skull contacts brain tissue suddenly causing trauma. concussions are premised on any trauma that jolts the head unexpectedly . the key term is unexpectedly, hits that a player doesn't fully see coming . thus , neck muscles cant brace and support the head minimizing the jolt.

His health comes first but the hit wasnt a direct helmut to helmut but rather helmut to shoulder pad that whiplashed ED's head. This can be a cause of concussion also as the skull contacts brain tissue suddenly causing trauma. concussions are premised on any trauma that jolts the head unexpectedly . the key term is unexpectedly, hits that a player doesn't fully see coming . thus , neck muscles cant brace and support the head minimizing the jolt.
HelmUt x 3??? LOL ... (sorry, too funny to ignore, nothing personal;))

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laxfan516

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom