UPDATE: GAME POSTPONED UNTIL WEDNESDAY 7 PM [ESPN2] | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

UPDATE: GAME POSTPONED UNTIL WEDNESDAY 7 PM [ESPN2]

Which is why there are no beer sales.

Actually I believe the NIT still allows beer sales at arenas that do sell beer. Last year for Creighton's 2 NIT games the arena still sold beer and the only thing that really changed was no intro videos and no music to pump up the crowd, supposed to be a "Neutral" site. Still had beer sales though.

The NIT absolutely sucks but I will admit it is nice to see crowds at the game that actually want to be there. Last year Creighton averaged just about 17k a game and had about 9k show up for the first NIT game against Alabama and I swear to god 9 thousand fans who actually wanna be there and enjoy the game made almost as much noise if not more than the 17k that would come on any other given night. Plus beer lines are short and you can sit in seats that you normally would not get a chance to sit in if the corporate seats don't buy their season tickets. Enjoy the NIT and be happy you can still watch Syracuse basketball, could always be worse, could be Nebraska Basketball.

a mediocre, who-cares team in an even more who-cares tournament travels to an aging hotel in a Rust Belt city; the game gets cancelled and all routes out of town are snowed in with no relief in sight

the 2017 NIT as written by Jean Paul Sartre

what difference would it have made? did they end up on the dome wondering where everyone was? i doubt SU held the news from them as they found out things. I would think the NCAA since the run the event would be controlling the situation more than SU was

what difference would it have made? did they end up on the dome wondering where everyone was? i doubt SU held the news from them as they found out things. I would think the NCAA since the run the event would be controlling the situation more than SU was

Cuse fans are hammering him pretty good on Twitter in the comments to that tweet. Rightfully so.

Hey Coach Miller? Did you look out the window today? Bet you don't see this in Greensboro that much... Use the old knoggin..At least know it was a possibility and don't be so surprised. But then it is only Syracuse fans lives at risk not your fans...

Hey Coach Miller? Did you look out the window today? Bet you don't see this in Greensboro that much... Use the old knoggin..At least know it was a possibility and don't be so surprised. But then it is only Syracuse fans lives at risk not your fans...

The Gov. of NY declared a state of emergency as of midnight last night, I believe.

Hard to believe this guy was really blindsided by the decision to postpone the game.

I guess his mom didn't impart the same wisdom mine did: Always travel with an extra day's pair of underwear.

That, alone, will solve a lot of life's problems.

Man I really wish Monmouth wins this game. They just shoot up crappy shots and miss by a lot

Have you, or would you, go to a Giants home game if they were already eliminated from the playoffs?
Of course.

I see no issue with you going.

I basically already said I would too, if life permitted.

That's not the point.

I guess his mom didn't impart the same wisdom mine did: Always travel with an extra day's pair of underwear.

That, alone, will solve a lot of life's problems.
Just turn them around! Or wear them inside out!

Today's headline: Greensboro brings its lack of value to Syracuse and adds ... nothing of value.

I read that SU had to ask and wait for permission from the NCAA to cancel. Maybe any issue he has would be with them anyways.

The university has already closed for tomorrow except essential personnel. I don't think they'd postpone the game a 2nd time though.

Have to laugh. No students, restaurants closed, essential employees only at SU - have to wonder what they are eating and doing. They aren't probably experiencing any of Syracuse's fine cuisine during this blizzard. Wegmans is even closed. Yikes.

Have to laugh. No students, restaurants closed, essential employees only at SU - have to wonder what they are eating and doing. They aren't probably experiencing any of Syracuse's fine cuisine during this blizzard. Wegmans is even closed. Yikes.
images

St Rose was supposed to play in the D2 playoffs (sweet sixteen?) at LeMoyne last night also at 7. That was postponed to today at 2 pm.

Now that's hard core when Wegman's is closed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom