US Open | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

US Open

I want Rickie Fowler but I don't think he will be able to close the deal again. I say Thomas wins.

to the avg golfer every course is tough. this most us rarely break 80 even from the forward tees. i dont know why the pros have to have easy conditions every week so i dont have a problem with tight fairways and rough, what i want it is for the pros to feel our pain. no more people finding the balls in the rough for them. and the greens should be tough they are pros.

10-12 under isnt too bad but I dont get why the made the fairways so wide and also lengthened the course it just made it easier for the bigger hitters

still its pretty fun to watch

Last edited:
They will do crazy stuff with pin placements and tees today. They don't want double digits under par winner. This course is meant to be dry and windy. It hasn't been and they left the fairways wide expecting wind.

I don't think Fleetwood or Koepka putt well enough to win. Fowler, Harmon, Sniediker, Thomas, Reed or Kim will win this thing IMO. I love the way the back nine lines up for guys being able to make a move.

My Dad and I should be done playing around 4 so we will get to watch all the leaders play the back while we grill some steaks.

to the avg golfer every course is tough. this most us rarely break 80 even from the forward tees. i dont know why the pros have to have easy conditions every week so i dont have a problem with tight fairways and rough, what i want it is for the pros to feel our pain. no more people finding the balls in the rough for them. and the greens should be tough they are pros.

10-12 under isnt too bad but I dont get why the made the fairways so wide and also lengthened the course it just made it easier for the bigger hitters

still its pretty fun to watch
But a lot of the biggest hitters (DJ, Rory, Day) are home watching this weekend, and the leader hits it on the shorter side. That right there tells you it's a great setup and test.

I want Rickie Fowler but I don't think he will be able to close the deal again. I say Thomas wins.
I want Rickie too, but think Thomas will win and that could open the floodgates for him. He's the best player on the leaderboard by a pretty wide margin in my opinion.

my brother has Thomas at 25-1 and keopka at 35-1 so he has a big interest in watching today.

I'm tired of the US Open trying to be like the British Open. Enough of the "links course" nonsense. Give me some trees and some water and a lush look. That's what I tune in to golf for: pretty shots on a beautiful course. This one looked better as a farm. It's still not as awful as Chamber's Bay, which looked like a vacant lot. When they went to Oakmont last year is was happy they were going back to a traditional course. Then I found out they cut down all their trees so they could be more like a links course. Enough already! :mad:

Except...I don't think that a lot of these guys would be in contention if conditions were more challenging. They could all be contenders in the John Deere Classic, however.

DJ, Rory, and Day didn't get the memo that this course sucks

I'm tired of the US Open trying to be like the British Open. Enough of the "links course" nonsense. Give me some trees and some water and a lush look. That's what I tune in to golf for: pretty shots on a beautiful course. This one looked better as a farm. It's still not as awful as Chamber's Bay, which looked like a vacant lot. When they went to Oakmont last year is was happy they were going back to a traditional course. Then I found out they cut down all their trees so they could be more like a links course. Enough already! :mad:

The next four are more traditional. Shinnecock, Pebble Beach, Winged Foot, Torrey Pines

I enjoy it when the US Open course is so difficult that it makes the best players in the world come unglued, and to be even par is a huge accomplishment. It is like what a good golfer works for with their own game on their home course.

Sounds like you'd prefer to cheer against good golfers than for them. To each his own. :noidea:

Sounds like you'd prefer to cheer against good golfers than for them. To each his own. :noidea:

I agree. I like watching a good challenge and don't want it to be too easy. But if I wanted to watch a bunch of hackers look silly, I know where the local country club is.

I look at the US Open as the equivalent level in golf as giving a doctoral thesis at MIT. You have to be on point all day, hitting shots to postage stamp size landing areas. Close use to be no good at the US Open. I don't have to see lots of birdies to be engaged by the play. But, then again I like a defensive struggle in football and a pitchers duel in baseball.

I look at the US Open as the equivalent level in golf as giving a doctoral thesis at MIT. You have to be on point all day, hitting shots to postage stamp size landing areas. Close use to be no good at the US Open. I don't have to see lots of birdies to be engaged by the play. But, then again I like a defensive struggle in football and a pitchers duel in baseball.
P.SS. I'm a huge Rickie fan but I'm going to have to give the edge to Mick Fleetwood as I think he will make a fast adjustment in the windy conditions to Scottish golf as he grew up playing the UK.

P.SS. I'm a huge Rickie fan but I'm going to have to give the edge to Mick Fleetwood as I think he will make a fast adjustment in the windy conditions to Scottish golf as he grew up playing the UK.

600full-mick-fleetwood.jpg

It was fun listening to Darren Clarke, Curtis Strange, and the Irish golf architect. Joe Buck, not so much.

It was fun listening to Darren Clarke, Curtis Strange, and the Irish golf architect. Joe Buck, not so much.

At least we didn't have to listen to Gary McCord. :blah::blah::blah::blah:

Joe Buck may be the worst and most irritating voice I've heard on a golf telecast in my lifetime.

At least we didn't have to listen to Gary McCord. :blah::blah::blah::blah:

You don't like McCord? I think he's hilarious.

Gotta go with Fowler all the way after seeing the orange pants and hat, although the shade is off some.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom