US Women's Golf finally has a major champion | Syracusefan.com

US Women's Golf finally has a major champion

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Long drought, I think we have been shut out in 11 straight majors until Stacey Lewis' come from behind (was down 3 late in the tournament) at the British Open. She birdied the last two holes and sank about a 12 footer to finish.

Now our golf talking heads and writers can stop freaking out for a moment. Congrats to Lewis. I'm still searching for the next great or dominant player on the LPGA, but I just don't see anyone out there right now. And thats what the womens game sorely needs. A year in year out winner. Interesting comments on equal pay from her. IMO the only sport that has deservedly almost reached that level is womens tennis. I love womens golf as much as I like the mens, however at this time i'm not seeing anything that warrants equal pay. Don't mean to offend but thats my take. If she wants to stake a flag on a controversy...she should call out Meg Mallon for her Michelle Wie pick for the Solheim Cup. Wie better play like gangbusters to save her bacon over this pick. OE, I am a long time lurker of this and TOS, and i want to take a moment to thank you and the other mod's for all that you do for us SU fans over the years and over both sites. I really appreciate all your efforts.

Now our golf talking heads and writers can stop freaking out for a moment. Congrats to Lewis. I'm still searching for the next great or dominant player on the LPGA, but I just don't see anyone out there right now. And thats what the womens game sorely needs. A year in year out winner. Interesting comments on equal pay from her. IMO the only sport that has deservedly almost reached that level is womens tennis. I love womens golf as much as I like the mens, however at this time i'm not seeing anything that warrants equal pay. Don't mean to offend but thats my take. If she wants to stake a flag on a controversy...she should call out Meg Mallon for her Michelle Wie pick for the Solheim Cup. Wie better play like gangbusters to save her bacon over this pick. OE, I am a long time lurker of this and TOS, and i want to take a moment to thank you and the other mod's for all that you do for us SU fans over the years and over both sites. I really appreciate all your efforts.

I'd say In Bee Park has been pretty dominant. 3 majors and 6 wins in a calendar year are tough to beat.

I'd say In Bee Park has been pretty dominant. 3 majors and 6 wins in a calendar year are tough to beat.
She made a big mistake by traveling back to Korea in between tournaments.

Poppy, I agree that Inbee has been dominant...this year. Will she be next year?. Particularly in womens golf (though it happens in mens golf too) everyone is so intent on the next great player that they over hype someone as if they've been great over a long haul and they just aren't. Somebody has a hot year or a hot stretch and they get coverage like they are already in the HOF.

It was always cool when the LPGA came to town for the Corning Classic. It's too bad the tournament doesn't run anymore. I used to be able to ride my bike to the course and it was always cool to see a pro tournament on a course I grew up playing on. There has definitely been a lull in the sport after losing Sorenstam and Webb.

It was always cool when the LPGA came to town for the Corning Classic. It's too bad the tournament doesn't run anymore. I used to be able to ride my bike to the course and it was always cool to see a pro tournament on a course I grew up playing on. There has definitely been a lull in the sport after losing Sorenstam and Webb.
Webb is still playing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom