USA Lax Mag Preseason Poll | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

USA Lax Mag Preseason Poll

Maryland has many offensive options ..Khan and Donville were terrific additions , imagine our attack and first line if we had landed them..

OmIds Long and Fairman being two way mids who are strong defensively is a big advantage .

Still stings that Winsuakkaus was here and left .Has flown somewhat under the radar ,he's gonna be Marylands all time points leader . Think about that , storied Maryland's all time pt leader .Incredible.

Tillman has assembled a helluva team with balance throughout with no real weakness. Weirman and Tygh are a competent duo and McEnaney is solid.

Maryland has many offensive options ..Khan and Donville were terrific additions , imagine our attack and first line if we had landed them..

OmIds Long and Fairman being two way mids who are strong defensively is a big advantage .

Still stings that Winsuakkaus was here and left .Has flown somewhat under the radar ,he's gonna be Marylands all time points leader . Think about that , storied Maryland's all time pt leader .Incredible.

Tillman has assembled a helluva team with balance throughout with no real weakness. Weirman and Tygh are a competent duo and McEnaney is solid.

Regarding Donville, this line in the US Lax Preview hurt -

"This might be a first: A coach unquestionably grateful for journalism. In this case, it’s because Donville wanted to pursue a master’s degree in the field after his time at Cornell, and he quickly settled on Maryland."

SU has what is regarding to be the top journalism school in the country. Shame that couldn't have lured Donville to SU, though I suspect the Maryland odds at a Championship had something to do with his decision.

Wisnauskis definitely still stings, but seeing as he didn't suit up for the Orange, I think that might explain why we dont perseverate about it too much. Also it might have to do with the fact he isn't the most explosive attackman out there. I've always told myself that he's kind of a system player (i.e doesn't create his own shots much) so I don't think he would have instantly turned Syracuse into a perennial final four team.

Regarding Donville, this line in the US Lax Preview hurt -

"This might be a first: A coach unquestionably grateful for journalism. In this case, it’s because Donville wanted to pursue a master’s degree in the field after his time at Cornell, and he quickly settled on Maryland."

SU has what is regarding to be the top journalism school in the country. Shame that couldn't have lured Donville to SU, though I suspect the Maryland odds at a Championship had something to do with his decision.

Wisnauskis definitely still stings, but seeing as he didn't suit up for the Orange, I think that might explain why we dont perseverate about it too much. Also it might have to do with the fact he isn't the most explosive attackman out there. I've always told myself that he's kind of a system player (i.e doesn't create his own shots much) so I don't think he would have instantly turned Syracuse into a perennial final four team.
I suspect Gary Gait would not have turned this team into a perennial final four team either. Explosive or not, Wisnauskas is a very very good attack, at least a top ten maybe a top five among the current attack men. I root for him even though he took off. Love to watch him move around the crease. Well, SU moves on.

At long last a cuse name makes it into the preseason AAs at attack. Can't wait for him to light it up this...*begins sobbing*

SYRACUSE WILL MISS NCAA TOURNAMENT​

It’s easy to get excited about the Orange this spring. With Gary Gait now at the helm and Dave Pietramala overseeing the defense, the team embarks on a new era led by two of the biggest legends in the game. Despite the headlines and fervor, Syracuse, ranked No. 14 in the Nike/USA Lacrosse Magazine Preseason Top 20, still might be a year away, particularly with notable holes to fill after the graduation of Stephen Rehfuss at attack and Drake Porter in the goal.

Those questions were compounded recently when Inside Lacrosse reported that sophomore attackman Owen Hiltz, who posted one of the most prolific freshman seasons in program history last spring, will miss extended time due to an upper body injury he sustained in a scrimmage against Michigan.

That all adds up to the Orange missing the NCAA tournament for the first time since 2007.

“We’ll probably be slated at the bottom of our conference, but that’s OK,” Gait said last month. “We’ll earn it and work our way toward the top of conference as we go through it.”

i guess that's "bold" because Cuse hasn't missed a tourney since, what, 2007? and yet given where things stand now with hiltz/new staff/tough schedule i don't think many people will be truly surprised if they don't make it this year

i guess that's "bold" because Cuse hasn't missed a tourney since, what, 2007? and yet given where things stand now with hiltz/new staff/tough schedule i don't think many people will be truly surprised if they don't make it this year

Not one bit unfortunately

I guess they know more about Hiltz injury. Haven’t seen a timeline on his return reported.

I guess they know more about Hiltz injury. Haven’t seen a timeline on his return reported.
I doubt it. Everyone is still going off of the one report. I highly doubt they or anyone knows the exact timeline

I think the chance of Syracuse missing the NCAAs is higher than the chance of 2 Ivy League teams making the final four.

At the moment, I would consider "2 Ivy League teams making the final four" as more of a bad prediction than a bold prediction.

I think the chance of Syracuse missing the NCAAs is higher than the chance of 2 Ivy League teams making the final four.

At the moment, I would consider "2 Ivy League teams making the final four" as more of a bad prediction than a bold prediction.
Did you forget to quote the first part of this conversation?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom