USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

If I was pulling strings and designing this (outside of ncaa), I’m working in promotion/relegation. Let 20 teams be in the Big and 20 in the acc and work it like euro soccer where bottom three drop and top three rise each year. Do the same with sec and b12. THAT is an inclusive system that has everybody playing for somethjng

Can't like this post enough
Ko
I foresee a top 25 filled with a bunch of 5 loss teams, ya know, power rankings and strength of schedule weighing on voters minds and all.

9-5 and 8-6 ranked teams in Big10 or SEC instead of one of the outlier programs being 11-3 or 12-2 and not ranked.
Body of work. Blah blah blah. Could not care less.

It’s cute that in this judicial climate people think a GOR means anything.
It's cute? Strange comment. Instead of pontificating why don't you just indicate that GOR are really not ironclad legally or are you omniscient? If you are omniscient please share the upcoming Powerball numbers, who really killed JFK and what the average wind speed is for an African sparrow. I'll hang up and listen.

If I was pulling strings and designing this (outside of ncaa), I’m working in promotion/relegation. Let 20 teams be in the Big and 20 in the acc and work it like euro soccer where bottom three drop and top three rise each year. Do the same with sec and b12. THAT is an inclusive system that has everybody playing for somethjng

I was just going to post this. Set it up just like Euro soccer.

no way the ACC stays "as is" until 2036, multiple school departures will occur or worst case the league closes its doors as we know it, the ACC is playing checkers in a high end game of chess.

Can I just add… W-in-The-living-F are we even doing? USC and UCLA to the Big Ten?!

This is all so freakin’ dumb. Random, sporadic, poorly planned, geographically illogical, culturally ill-fitting additions and defections that serve literally only one end… greed.

At least pro sports are centrally planned, generally competitively balanced, with rational team alignments.

College sports is on crack. This might be the straw that breaks me. I just can’t summon the energy to care anymore.

You don’t think that UCLA volleyball going to Piscataway, NJ or Champagne, IL on a Tuesday for a league game is normal?

I wonder how popular college sports will be on the other side of all of this mess.

no way the ACC stays "as is" until 2036, multiple school departures will occur or worst case the league closes its doors as we know it, the ACC is playing checkers in a high end game of chess.
the league will stay mostly as is unless a bunch of schools join up to leave. The acc should be trying to make a bicoastal league of the pac 12 schools

FWikzmtXEAATgd3

It gets more ridiculous by the moment, I just wonder where we end up in this game of musical chairs. Maybe there is some realignment with just smaller private schools, like-minded with Cuse, and we go into a private school conference. Geography, tradition and natural rivals are just thrown out the window with all this anarchy.

Last edited:
Count me in the group that is perfectly content with playing in the leftover league. I don't know about you but being tackling dummies for football factories isnt fun. Big deal, Syracuse cashes a 100M TV check, but that doesnt matter when the factories are cashing that same $100M check plus another 100M in donations and other revenue streams.

Put us in a league with the Pitt, BC and ACC leftovers of smaller schools and I'm at peace. It is what it is.

Big 10 and SEC could add enough teams (and power) to blow up the ACC regardless of GOR
How? The Big12 and CUSA just went thru such an event and they added teams and their GOR's held, and their GOR's were close to expiration.

I don't know who "Phil Maxon" is, but I disagree, the Big Ten has wanted Notre Dame for years.

To paraphrase the Hemingway line from The Sun Also Rises…
““How did college sports get ruined?” Bill asked. “Two ways,” Mike said. “Gradually, then suddenly.”

—————

I feel like I’ve been watching this patient die for two decades. It’s tiresome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom