USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

Report out the Big 10 is talking to SoFi stadium in LA to play their conference championship game.

I guess the Big 10 "vote" is a formality if they are already talking to the building about this...lol.

Report out the Big 10 is talking to SoFi stadium in LA to play their conference championship game.

I guess the Big 10 "vote" is a formality if they are already talking to the building about this...lol.
Those Ohio and Michigan fans are going to love having to fly out there every year.

Well, this is it. What can we do to save ourselves? Thinking outside the box, get ND full time and raid who?
I'm hoping for ND to take us with them as part of their package deal with whoever else they want to the B10 or SEC, I know, its like a 10% chance. Or, for the ACC to ask ND to pick the teams they want to joint the ACC. Army, Navy, the United States School of the Deaf and the Blind, whoever and take what we want from the B12 to round it out. Also a long shot.

Anyone see his this end well for us? I don’t. Only hope is to land in the BIG eastern division. I’d put about a 5% chance of that happening.
Nope. I have never thought it would end well for us long term. I just didn’t expect it to happen this soon.

I agree about our only hope being the BIG East but I think 5% is about 3% too high.

Big Ten can add these 8:
Cuse, Pitt, BC, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Kansas, ND

B10 East
Rutgers, Maryland, Cuse, BC, Pitt, Penn State

B10 Central
Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, ND, Illinois, Northwestern

B10 Plains
Purdue, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana

B10 West
USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Kansas

Kansas is odd man out in west division.

Big Ten can add these 8:
Cuse, Pitt, BC, Arizona, Oregon, Washington, Kansas, ND

B10 East
Rutgers, Maryland, Cuse, BC, Pitt, Penn State

B10 Central
Ohio State, Michigan, Michigan State, ND, Illinois, Northwestern

B10 Plains
Purdue, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana

B10 West
USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington, Arizona, Kansas

Kansas is odd man out in west division.
Not sure the B1G would want to add SU, BC and Pitt when they’re likely targeting UNC, Duke and UVA.

Those of you still pining for the days of the Big East may get your wish.

I'm getting close to the point of wishing for it. Being left behind used to terrify me, now I just don't care.

We've had 23 seasons since McNabb left. At best, 3 of them have been great teams (stretching a bit on 2012 but little to work with). 6 have been mediocre. 14 have been losing teams.

I'm prepared to accept a situation where we'll never be consistently good. If we're left behind in some conglomeration of like teams, then whatever. I'll still hit up a game per year, maybe go to some roadies if they're closer. Hoops, lax and olympic sports will be fine no matter what.

Maybe the whole thing will actually feel more collegiate.

SEC can add:
Miami, Clemson, FSU, VaTech, NC State, Virginia, UNC, Duke

Louisville, GaTech, Wake, Baylor, Texas Tech, Cincy are hard to leave out.

Throw in Liberty, Arizona State, BYU, Utah, Coastal Carolina, Temple.

Twelve more programs who could round out two thirty team conferences.

Can I just add… W-in-The-living-F are we even doing? USC and UCLA to the Big Ten?!

This is all so freakin’ dumb. Random, sporadic, poorly planned, geographically illogical, culturally ill-fitting additions and defections that serve literally only one end… greed.

At least pro sports are centrally planned, generally competitively balanced, with rational team alignments.

College sports is on crack. This might be the straw that breaks me. I just can’t summon the energy to care anymore.

I'm getting close to the point of wishing for it. Being left behind used to terrify me, now I just don't care.

We've had 23 seasons since McNabb left. At best, 3 of them have been great teams (stretching a bit on 2012 but little to work with). 6 have been mediocre. 14 have been losing teams.

I'm prepared to accept a situation where we'll never be consistently good. If we're left behind in some conglomeration of like teams, then whatever. I'll still hit up a game per year, maybe go to some roadies if they're closer. Hoops, lax and olympic sports will be fine no matter what.

Maybe the whole thing will actually feel more collegiate.
Yep, particularly when hoops is likely the only sport we can be nationally competitive in anyway. Big East teams can win titles.

I think eons ago the winners of the NCAA and NIT tournaments played each other. Not positive.

It was Red Cross benefit during WWII.

As Tom said if our GOR was coming up for renewal 2 years from now I could see things imploding for the ACC soon but that is not the case and I have not seen any comments on how Virginia and UNC or Clemson get out from that. At a minimum our league should still be intact for a few more years. Unless enough invites get issued from the Big and SEC to match the numbers needed to dissolve the conference. Those invites would have to be ironclad though.

As Tom said if our GOR was coming up for renewal 2 years from now I could see things imploding for the ACC soon but that is not the case and I have not seen any comments on how Virginia and UNC or Clemson get out from that. At a minimum our league should still be intact for a few more years. Unless enough invites get issued from the Big and SEC to match the numbers needed to dissolve the conference. Those invites would have to be ironclad though.
So ACC should add West Virginia, Cincy, UCF, Memphis?

Keeps it somewhat regional, decent football and basketball. Just not the impact that many would hope.

So ACC should add West Virginia, Cincy, UCF, Memphis?

Keeps it somewhat regional, decent football and basketball. Just not the impact that many would hope.
Forget regional. ACC needs to bring in as many of the big PAC 12 schools left standing and try to be the bicoastal mega conference.

40 isn't enough teams for the top division. And, if the ACC teams want to leave it will cost them north of 300 million, if 8 teams leave, that's 2.5 billion in the league coffers.