USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

Can I just add… W-in-The-living-F are we even doing? USC and UCLA to the Big Ten?!

This is all so freakin’ dumb. Random, sporadic, poorly planned, geographically illogical, culturally ill-fitting additions and defections that serve literally only one end… greed.

At least pro sports are centrally planned, generally competitively balanced, with rational team alignments.

College sports is on crack. This might be the straw that breaks me. I just can’t summon the energy to care anymore.
I agree with everything you said. But come Labor Day Weekend....

I imagine Notre Dame wait to join a “conference” until they are forced to (when it’s the only path to a playoff)

Forget regional. ACC needs to bring in as many of the big PAC 12 schools left standing and try to be the bicoastal mega conference.
Is Washington State, Oregon State, Arizona State, BYU, Colorado, Stanford, Boise State, and Utah plus Baylor and Oklahoma State good enough to add significant payout per program?

Throw in Colorado State, Utah State, SMU, WVU, Wyoming, and Houston to get a second 14 team division.

Let the ACC be proactive. The ACC would definitely make more sense travel wise for WVU and Cincy.
Start with those two and then see where things stand as far as others plus seeing ESPN sweeten the pot.

I'm glad I got to live through the glory years of the late 80s and all of the 90s. Syracuse could play in the Big East back then and compete nationally. In a new second tier eastern league, we are no better than Buffalo
Yes. And now our facilities are up to par but $$$$$$$$$.

Can I just add… W-in-The-living-F are we even doing? USC and UCLA to the Big Ten?!

This is all so freakin’ dumb. Random, sporadic, poorly planned, geographically illogical, culturally ill-fitting additions and defections that serve literally only one end… greed.

At least pro sports are centrally planned, generally competitively balanced, with rational team alignments.

College sports is on crack. This might be the straw that breaks me. I just can’t summon the energy to care anymore.

Can't like this post enough

I will still follow SU sports but for me pro sports are going to be where it's at and I have the Bills, Yankees and Sabres. I'll be OK.

I’m really over it all, but what’s worse is that by adding these teams it’s going to make it better? You’ll have a lot of high powered football teams gobbling each other up into mediocrity

And gobbling $100M each. That's a lot for mediocrity.

I'm getting close to the point of wishing for it. Being left behind used to terrify me, now I just don't care.

We've had 23 seasons since McNabb left. At best, 3 of them have been great teams (stretching a bit on 2012 but little to work with). 6 have been mediocre. 14 have been losing teams.

I'm prepared to accept a situation where we'll never be consistently good. If we're left behind in some conglomeration of like teams, then whatever. I'll still hit up a game per year, maybe go to some roadies if they're closer. Hoops, lax and olympic sports will be fine no matter what.

Maybe the whole thing will actually feel more collegiate.
College sports are stupid, we had a short window for something awesome, is ancient history now, football is barbaric anyway, whatever

The original concept of a conference is brotherhood of natural geographical rivals looking to make scheduling easier and to create interest as well as to represent their section of the country. Now it's an octopus that crosses the country, uniting major TV markets, even though the bigger the market, the less college sports means to it.

I have thought for some time that I'd just as soon let the football factories, (and this is not about basketball or any other sport), 'rapture' and get together with those who have been left behind to create something close to what we used to have. its' no advantage to have more money if the teams you are competing with get the same money. We might as well have something that makes more sense for us.

In the two-platoon era, we've been mostly a middleweight. Out best teams have been light heavyweights, (picture our 1987 team vs. Miami, Oklahoma or Florida State that year). We've also had some teams that were welterweights and a couple of lightweights. Do we really want to compete in the heavyweight division? I'd rather be in a league can win and a division we can win a national championship in. I feel no necessity to "get behind the velvet rope" by any means possible, to use Brent Axe's phrase on this subject.

I’m really over it all, but what’s worse is that by adding these teams it’s going to make it better? You’ll have a lot of high powered football teams gobbling each other up into mediocrity

Yeah, those teams need the Syracuses of the world to avoid having records like the Syracuses of thew world.

Yeah, those teams need the Syracuses of the world to avoid having records like the Syracuses of thew world.
I foresee a top 25 filled with a bunch of 5 loss teams, ya know, power rankings and strength of schedule weighing on voters minds and all.

9-5 and 8-6 ranked teams in Big10 or SEC instead of one of the outlier programs being 11-3 or 12-2 and not ranked.