USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

I don’t think they will be moving to the Big 10 alone. I fully expect Oregon Washington California Arizona Colorado Utah Stanford and Kansas to join them
I would agree. I do think the PAC 12 implodes for all intents and purposes.

USC/UCLA
Oregon/Oregon St.
Washington/Washington St.
Arizona/Arizona St.

All new markets and logical travel partners, if you're going to build a western branch of the B1G it makes a lot of sense to take a long look here.

I think Stanford, Cal, Colorado and Utah are on the outside looking in personally. Colorado if they can team up with Kansas is an interesting option for the B1G. Maybe the national private school conference comes into shape and Stanford and Cal lead the charge!

So lets assume there are not enough votes to dissolve the ACC and the GOR doesn't make it feasible for anyone to leave until early in the next decade. The PAC and B12 have GORs expiring in two years. What teams (and how many) would/should the ACC target from those two conferences to form its own superconference?

I would agree. I do think the PAC 12 implodes for all intents and purposes.

USC/UCLA
Oregon/Oregon St.
Washington/Washington St.
Arizona/Arizona St.

All new markets and logical travel partners, if you're going to build a western branch of the B1G it makes a lot of sense to take a long look here.

I think Stanford, Cal, Colorado and Utah are on the outside looking in personally. Colorado if they can team up with Kansas is an interesting option for the B1G. Maybe the national private school conference comes into shape and Stanford and Cal lead the charge!

Cal is a state school, no?

So lets assume there are not enough votes to dissolve the ACC and the GOR doesn't make it feasible for anyone to leave until early in the next decade. The PAC and B12 have GORs expiring in two years. What teams (and how many) would/should the ACC target from those two conferences to form its own superconference?

Washington
Oregon
Arizona
Arizona State
Stanford
West Virginia

If the USC and UCLA rumors to the Big Ten are true, in my opinion no way the big 10 stops there. At a minimum I could see them going to 20 teams

if say clemson and fsu leave the ACC, espn is going to rip up the contract and renegotiate.

GOR is dead.
I think this is the beginning of the end for the Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC as we know them.

SEC/B1G will grow to be national conferences on the back of the TX/OK move and the USC/UCLA move and then the other 3 will either go defunct or cobble together what they can, or maybe be replaced by other national conferences that are based on school profile as opposed to geography. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.

I think this is the beginning of the end for the Pac 12, Big 12 and ACC as we know them.

SEC/B1G will grow to be national conferences on the back of the TX/OK move and the USC/UCLA move and then the other 3 will either go defunct or cobble together what they can, or maybe be replaced by other national conferences that are based on school profile as opposed to geography. Will be interesting to see how it all shakes out.
Do you know which current Big Ten school should be very nervous right now; it’s Rutgers.

Do you know which current Big Ten school should be very nervous right now; it’s Rutgers.
Maybe, TV homes ain’t what they used to be. And their football program has never been

If the USC and UCLA rumors to the Big Ten are true, in my opinion no way the big 10 stops there. At a minimum I could see them going to 20 teams
Pete Thamel confirmed it. Press Conference within the next 24 hours, possibly tonight.

Another reporter from The Athletic is reporting SEC and Big 10 want 20 schools each. Looks like they will get 40 between those two conferences. Then guessing they look to break away from the NCAA.

Not sure what if anything the ACC can do but this isn't not a great time to be a Syracuse, BC, Pitt or Wake Forest Fan. Could get real ugly real quick.
I have a feeling Whildhack may have had a heads up and his press conference from the other day makes much more sense now with some of the things he said.

Source: USC and UCLA are planning to leave for the Big Ten as early as 2024. Move *has not been finalized* at the highest levels of power.

Jon Wilner
@wilnerhotline

Source: USC and UCLA are planning to leave for the Big Ten as early as 2024. Move *has not been finalized* at the highest levels of power.

thought I saw something regarding women's lacrosse.

there is no reason to throw schools out, just reason to keep schools out.

i would imagine the b1g is pretty happy to be touching both the Atlantic and the Pacific.

They literally will have 12+ straight hours of football content to offer to tv.

TX/OK to the SEC changed the paradigm and USC/UCLA to the Big 10 keeps the super conference ball rolling. Now, anyone not in the SEC or Big 10 has to be thinking about their next move and the potential of falling even further behind. It's going to be an interesting few years and I have to believe the ACC GORs and the Notre Dame contract with the ACC will be tested. I would think the Big 12 might regret inviting UCF, Houston, BYU, and Cincinnati when they might have been able to get Colorado, Utah, Arizona and Arizona St.

I have a feeling Whildhack may have had a heads up and his press conference from the other day makes much more sense now with some of the things he said.

he's the port in the storm for me. if anyone can salvage our position it's him because he gets the tv game which is the game at this point. It's eyeballs and television revenue.

I do think someone with vision will peel back from this brinksmanship and try and create a regional football alliance with the leftovers and potentially make it compelling enough for tv as well. the big 40 teams I doubt we end up in. But we could be the top dog in the leftovers and have our basketball repositioned back where it should be, in the big east.

it'll be very interesting how BC, Syracuse, WVU, Pitt allign themselves at this point. I doubt any of them are going to be attractive major league football schools for this experiment

he's the port in the storm for me. if anyone can salvage our position it's him because he gets the tv game which is the game at this point. It's eyeballs and television revenue.

I do think someone with vision will peel back from this brinksmanship and try and create a regional football alliance with the leftovers and potentially make it compelling enough for tv as well. the big 40 teams I doubt we end up in. But we could be the top dog in the leftovers and have our basketball repositioned back where it should be, in the big east.

it'll be very interesting how BC, Syracuse, WVU, Pitt allign themselves at this point. I doubt any of them are going to be attractive major league football schools for this experiment
Agree with everything you said. And out of those schools Pitt has the best chance of being in the Top 40 honestly but it probably won't happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom