USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

TX/OK to the SEC changed the paradigm and USC/UCLA to the Big 10 keeps the super conference ball rolling. Now, anyone not in the SEC or Big 10 has to be thinking about their next move and the potential of falling even further behind. It's going to be an interesting few years and I have to believe the ACC GORs and the Notre Dame contract with the ACC will be tested. I would think the Big 12 might regret inviting UCF, Houston, BYU, and Cincinnati when they might have been able to get Colorado, Utah, Arizona and Arizona St.
the bevo also mightve been able to get anyone of miami, unc, ncst, duke, uva, vpi, bc, pitt, Syracuse, washington, oregon, cal, arizona & arizona st over the crap they did grab.

I don't expect the BIG or SEC to stop there
The BIG wants UNC and UVA. Would probably take others like Miami, Clemson, Ga Tech or Fla State. We in trouble if the GOR doesn’t hold.

RIP Pac 12, ACC, and Big 12 with this news today.

USC and UCLA leaving (assuming report is true) is beyond huge on so many levels. It's the LA market leaving the Pac 12 and west coast with nothing.

SEC and Big 10 will each have 30 or 32 schools, they break away from the NCAA. Don't have to worry about any rules at all. Cut their own TV deal which will be on the level of the NFL money wise.

THIS.IS.HAPPENING!
Throw it in with the collapse of our democracy and the impending Supreme Court destruction of free and fair elections and this country right now is just so depressing. Our dysfunctional political system has become solely about the execution of raw power over all else, and college sports are following right along.

Last edited:
So if Big adds Oregon, Arizona, Colorado and Utah creating a western division that would make 20 and would make sense given USC and UCLA adds. So ND outside looking in? My guess Big doesn't stop at 16, so they can get ND to decide once and for all. If ND misses the Big, I don't see them going to the SEC which makes the ACC a landing spot perhaps?

I don’t think the SEC cares what the their teams think except for a select few. Look what they did to TexasA&M by adding Texas. Nothing matters but what makes them more money.

the map no longer matters.

It depends on how big the B1G goes. If I were them I my dream would be to go to 40 teams and be everywhere. Then the B1G splits off and creates their own sub division.

Football
10 divisions of 4
Division winners and 6 Wildcards make up a 16 team playoff.
Season is 14 games over 16 weeks. You play your 3 in division games, 1 rotating game vs the other 9 divisions (9 games), and then a cross over rival or made for TV games. At a minimum you would play everyone 1 in 4 seasons.

BBall
5 conferences of 8 teams
Division winners and 12 Wildcards make up a 22 team playoff
Season is 28 games. You play your 3 division teams H & A (6 games), 1 game vs the 4 other teams in your conference (4 games), 2 rotating games vs the other 8 divisions (16 games), and then a cross over rival or made for TV games. At a minimum you would play everyone H & A every 4 seasons.

Washington, Oregon, Stanford, Cal
USC, UCLA, Utah, Arizona

Colorado, Oklahoma, Texas, Rice
Nebraska, Kansas, Iowa, Missouri

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Illinois
Michigan, Michigan State, Purdue, Indiana

Ohio State, Penn State, Rutgers, Maryland
Notre Dame, Pitt, SU, BC

UVA, UNC, Duke, Vanderbilt
Clemson, GA Tech, FSU, Miami

Big ain’t done yet. San Fran market is next
makes sense, and Stanford/Cal would want to be in conference considered to be academically superior to most. Oh, and they want money, lots of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom