USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

So where do I tune in to watch Rutgers / Illinois in prime time? Is that on FOX at 330 or 8pm? Asking for a friend.

That’s a Shi…. game, oh wait, that’s just the stadium it’s going to be in.

That still doesn't make a lot of sense.

Why would Fox be willing to give up primetime games, even with the 1st pick at noon? And that first pick can never be a USC/UCLA home game?

Is CBS really going to pay big bucks for the #3 game? They are going from SEC game of the week to the 3rd biggest B1G game. And they can't bump to a primetime game if they wanted. Huge step down so why pay? They would be better served going for the B12 and P12. The best game goes to CBS at 3:30 and the rest can be shown on CBSSN and Paramount+. They get a lot more content and save a lot of money. The B1G #3 won't be much different ratings wise than the B12/P12 game of the week.

NBC makes sense since they have nothing and get the primetime slot.
It must make sense to the people who sign the checks.

That should be what it means. And that would require ESPN to rework our contract.

ESPN being what it is now, I will not be surprised in the least if it says that for the ACC to get top dollar, it must drop Wake and replace that tiny school with at least 1 larger state school in a state not already in the ACC.
Oh, please. Anybody but the couch-burning hilljacks.

If the rest of the networks are smart they will also drop their bids and leave B10 free falling.

ESPN is basically fully committing to ACC and SEC with this move

That’s a good thing for Syracuse
Atlantic, Pacific and the Southern. If those conferences only play each other in OOC games, the B1G will be screwed, especially if the PAC adds some teams from the Big12 like Kansas, OkST, TTech and SMU. The B1G has 2 or 3 teams that generate some sizzle and that's including USC.

Atlantic, Pacific and the Southern. If those conferences only play each other in OOC games, the B1G will be screwed, especially if the PAC adds some teams from the Big12 like Kansas, OkST, TTech and SMU. The B1G has 2 or 3 teams that generate some sizzle and that's including USC.
It looks more likely that the PAC will look to add SDSU and SMU, probably ESPN wants the Big 12 to stay intact to become part of the ESPN content ecosystem. If that's true, ESPN will have totally isolated FOX and the the B1G. ESPN wins big in college sports RISK.

Oh, please. Anybody but the couch-burning hilljacks.
WVU fans attend games, including as visitors. That matters more than their burning couches in Morgantown. This year's Backyard Brawl in Pittsburgh is sold out.

I think Cincy has major upside because OH has only 1 team in a true Major/Power conference, and OH produces major amounts of talent in both revenue sports. Most specifically to ACC needs, OH is a football-crazed state. Plus, UC is a very large state school. There is room in OH for the ACC to gain a viewer foothold that could be nurtured and grown.

WVU fans attend games, including as visitors. That matters more than their burning couches in Morgantown. This year's Backyard Brawl in Pittsburgh is sold out.

I think Cincy has major upside because OH has only 1 team in a true Major/Power conference, and OH produces major amounts of talent in both revenue sports. Most specifically to ACC needs, OH is a football-crazed state. Plus, UC is a very large state school. There is room in OH for the ACC to gain a viewer foothold that could be nurtured and grown.
It's debatable the influence a single school has over a conference inviting another school in such close proximity. I wonder what Louisville's position is on Cincy joining the ACC. We certainly know BC's thoughts on UConn. I don't think Ville would mind the Bearcats; since it gives them another in-conference rival. And, they seem to rather recruit Southern California, instead of Southern Ohio, these days anyway.

It doesn't look like ESPN wants to pick apart the Big12. At least from the teams that are being discussed as possible additions for the PAC12.

The schools worth considering would be Cincy, Houston, San State, SMU, Kansas

WVU would be fun too for basketball + the older rivalries with the northern ACC schools.

Cincy, Kansas, WVU would be my top three choices. Houston would follow with SMU for Texas.

I think ESPN and the PAC have an agreement that has not been made public yet which is why ESPN passed on the B1G to use that money on the PAC and the ACC and to a lesser extent the Big12. The remaining PAC has to be so livid to what the B1G did to their conference after being partners forever, and probably even madder at USC and UCLA.

For whom? A few of those make no sense for the P12. If you are talking ACC why go outside the footprint for any of those schools? They don't add enough. If the ACC is looking to add a school it should be UCF. That would get blocked so you have to settle for Cincy.

It's debatable the influence a single school has over a conference inviting another school in such close proximity. I wonder what Louisville's position is on Cincy joining the ACC. We certainly know BC's thoughts on UConn. I don't think Ville would mind the Bearcats; since it gives them another in-conference rival. And, they seem to rather recruit Southern California, instead of Southern Ohio, these days anyway.
Louisville and Cinci have a trophy game, the Keg of Nails, last played in 2013 before Louisville joined the ACC.

UConn is an entirely different matter than Cincy. OH has more D1 football talent than NY and all New England combined. OH also has at least as many passionate viewers of CFB as New York and New England combined.

Cincy is worth a good deal because it is a large state u in a large state loaded with football talent and fans of CFB.

UConn has nothing and is located near nothing that matters to CFB.

WVU would be fun too for basketball + the older rivalries with the northern ACC schools.

Cincy, Kansas, WVU would be my top three choices. Houston would follow with SMU for Texas.
The ACC has more than enough basketball history and power. And that is all that Kansas has - Kansas is a much worse liability for football than Wake with Clawson as HC.

If we add from TX, the obvious choices are Baylor and TTU with TCU also viable. But adding that far from any ACC border without adding either Longhorns or Aggies will not pay off much.

My guess is that WVU, Cincy, and UCF all have more support from ACC leaders than any school west of the Mississippi.

The ACC has more than enough basketball history and power. And that is all that Kansas has - Kansas is a much worse liability for football than Wake with Clawson as HC.

If we add from TX, the obvious choices are Baylor and TTU with TCU also viable. But adding that far from any ACC border without adding either Longhorns or Aggies will not pay off much.

My guess is that WVU, Cincy, and UCF all have more support from ACC leaders than any school west of the Mississippi.

Agree with most of what you said, except the Texas choices. IMO Houston should be #1. Then either Texas Tech (IMO the #2 choice) or Baylor. TCU isn't worth adding. That was a mistake by the B12 to add them in the 1st place.

Agree with most of what you said, except the Texas choices. IMO Houston should be #1. Then either Texas Tech (IMO the #2 choice) or Baylor. TCU isn't worth adding. That was a mistake by the B12 to add them in the 1st place.

TCU is a monied school, hot as a rocket too with east coast applications.

TCU is a monied school, hot as a rocket too with east coast applications.

How does that help bring money to the ACC? They aren't good traditionally or currently in football or basketball. They have no athletics brand. They are a small private school with a small fanbase. Rice is monied too and no one is knocking on their door.

How does that help bring money to the ACC? They aren't good traditionally or currently in football or basketball. They have no athletics brand. They are a small private school with a small fanbase. Rice is monied too and no one is knocking on their door.

None of the schools you mentioned are bringing money to the ACC.

But they have a decent product in a huge media market and probably fit better on other stuff.

Its about eyeballs
Cincy, Ku, Houston, SMU, Sand state

Why Houston? The town is Pro sports in every season, and has been for a very long time. During football, the Cougars are a distant #4 in the TV market behind Texas, Longhorns, and Aggies, and are barely bigger than LSU.

Even TCU is in its own town that is not Dallas within the DFW TV market.
Its about eyeballs
Cincy, Ku, Houston, SMU, Sand state
Nobody watches Kansas in football, and we already have enough eyeballs for basketball. Nobody watches SMU either. Houston is better than that that pair for football TV eyes, and it is less than Baylor and TTU and TCU.

San Diego State? In the ACC?