USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 97 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

100M per school. CRAZY. Players should refuse to play until they get paid.
It is not a 100 million per school. It will range between 70-75 million. 8 billion over seven years, 16 schools.

So at 16 teams this is around 65 mil each year/team at the 7 billion number? They are making around 50 mil right now based on an internet search.

Yeah. Good deal, but not landscape changing.

Me thinks you are underselling this. If i got a 50% raise tomorrow, that would be pretty life changing. I'm sure most of America would agree with me (especially top earners).

Me thinks you are underselling this. If i got a 50% raise tomorrow, that would be pretty life changing. I'm sure most of America would agree with me (especially top earners).
Not saying it is bad. Just no where near the 100 million per school mark. The ACC should feel better seeing these figures.

So at 16 teams this is around 65 mil each year/team at the 7 billion number? They are making around 50 mil right now based on an internet search.
I don’t know the numbers myself, but there are several reports out there that the final five years of the seven year contract will net 100 million per team, the starting dollars less

At $8Billion, which is high, each team will average $67MM annually. There are 17 shares (16 teams, 1 HQ). That number should be a little high. There will be bowl money, Tourney money and shared gate money, the number will be inflated. However, the last five years are not going to be $100MM in TV revenue as the entire deal per team is not worth $500MM/team.

Anyone giving any stock to UCLA potentially getting stopped from moving to BIG? Feels like the regents are pushing back

The US owners are buying into the EPL b/c that NFL delta will continue to shrink. If the US can somehow figure out a way to tie the MLS into the English soccer league I feel like the unlock could happen quicker. On its own the Premier League is catching up quickly. Reason why Boehly bought Chelsea so aggressively.

All that money and someone is still going to come in last.
The trick will be the proud tradition of fleecing the players while finding ways to spend the money in ways that lead to winning. Probably naive if me but I think 100mil vs 75mil doesn’t shift that equation as much as we’re being lead to believe

Just rich guys skimming a bloated industry per usual

Kevin warren was on with Bryan Gumble last night I believe. Mentioned Big 10 going to 20 teams. Next question becomes. Is this in the next few years or is this waiting for the ACC GOR and maybe closer to the next contract in 2030 when the GOR only has 6 years left. But I’m not sure why you would let the cat out of the bag. If no one knows how many you would like, that keeps everyone guessing.

The logical four extra schools would be Oregon, Stanford, Washington and ND right?

The logical four extra schools would be Oregon, Stanford, Washington and ND right?
ND, Stanford, Syracuse, and Pitt/UVA/UNC...(pick 2, drop Rutgers).

Besides an overpaid body bag game, nobody in the B1G has figured out what a "Rutgers" is, not that anyone else has, either.

Not sure if true, but apparently Stanford and Cal would never separate.

From the following link:

"Officials familiar with the deal told NJ Advance Media Friday the Big Ten distribution for each school is expected exceed $70 million next year and soar north of $80 million by the end of the deal in 2029-30."

This sounds about right as the B1G adds in the bowl money, hoops tourney money, shared gate money, and other revenues to the TV deal for the total payout. One of the large factors is the shared gate revenues which is not preserved by each school, rather a portion is pooled to the conference and then shared. thus, making the payout appear larger that it would be if calculated like the other major (and minor) conferences.

On a side note, Rutgers still owes the B1G about $38MM on top of its remaining buy-in. With more money rolling in, Rutgers is still behind the eight-ball. And with their history of mismanagement, it will be interesting to see how long the NJ residents will tolerate such failure and incompetence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom