USC and UCLA to the Big Ten | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

USC and UCLA to the Big Ten

That's the thing if teams decide to walk away the SEC and Big 10 have enough money to keep the courts from enforcing a GOR forever.
The ACC doesn't have the money to try to enforce it.
Plus you can never feel comfortable dealing with state schools/politicians/legislators, whose moral compass usually points toward the cash register.

What are your guesses for the other schools trying to get in?

Think AAU schools:

PAC 12 - Arizona, Colorado, Cal, Stanford, Kansas, Washington, Oregon, Utah...

ACC - UNC, Duke, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Pitt

SEC - Vandy, Florida, Mizzou

Attachments

• 82DB5D41-A538-4187-811E-DD93BDAC75F1.jpeg
    82DB5D41-A538-4187-811E-DD93BDAC75F1.jpeg
    478.2 KB · Views: 100
What are your guesses for the other schools trying to get in?

Think AAU schools:

PAC 12 - Arizona, Colorado, Cal, Stanford, Kansas, Washington, Oregon...

ACC - UNC, Duke, Virginia, Georgia Tech, Pitt

SEC-Mizzou
I think your tweet is speaking pac 12 only at this time

It's cute? Strange comment. Instead of pontificating why don't you just indicate that GOR are really not ironclad legally or are you omniscient? If you are omniscient please share the upcoming Powerball numbers, who really killed JFK and what the average wind speed is for an African sparrow. I'll hang up and listen.
Since I see you’ve been here since 2016 you should know that I am the Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent one.

We all know the GOR is total bullshit.

The poweball #s have been given to whom I’ve deemed worthy. There was a second JFK shooter paid for by the mob, out of Cuba. The average wind speed for the African Sparrow is no longer relevant in today’s birdshot world.

Don’t call again.

Big ain’t done yet. San Fran market is next
100%. Only way UCLA can leave is to not leave Cal at the altar. There's no way the state of CA will let that happen.

Relax. In the end, there will still be 4 major conferences. It'll start out as the B10 and SEC having huge 20 team conferences then they break away from the ncaa. Then tv and the fans and even teams in those two conferences will want more. There will be another reshuffle and in the end be close to what I've said for 30 years. 4x16. There might even be multiple reshuffles after the B10 and SEC stop playing around. Keep in mind that although SU hasn't had great success on the field and court for awhile, they are still one of the schools that make a profit and brings a lot of value. SU will be fine. It'll be a bumpy ride but in the end we'll be there. Mark my words.

Relax. In the end, there will still be 4 major conferences. It'll start out as the B10 and SEC having huge 20 team conferences then they break away from the ncaa. Then tv and the fans and even teams in those two conferences will want more. There will be another reshuffle and in the end be close to what I've said for 30 years. 4x16. There might even be multiple reshuffles after the B10 and SEC stop playing around. Keep in mind that although SU hasn't had great success on the field and court for awhile, they are still one of the schools that make a profit and brings a lot of value. SU will be fine. It'll be a bumpy ride but in the end we'll be there. Mark my words.

Makes a profit for who? Think youre missing the point.

SU has invested over $150 million in updating the Dome and is planning another $150 million in upgrades to Manley. That’s a lot of money to play in a minor conference. Not money well spent.
It isn't bad money yet. We may not know what is going on with us.

We barely made the cut last time. And if we are honest with ourselves, we are probably in a worse position now than we were then. I happen to think that the people in charge at Syracuse are smart but no amount of smart can replace what is.

ASU, OSU and WSU could go to the MWC if more of the major PAC teams get picked off by the B1G. Add Gonzaga and that would have a strong product in a tight regional affiliation. Can't see where Stanford and Cal get any offers, no fanbase to speak of, maybe they should drop football.

That's the thing if teams decide to walk away the SEC and Big 10 have enough money to keep the courts from enforcing a GOR forever.
The ACC doesn't have the money to try to enforce it.
SEC doesn't have a GOR.

College sports are stupid, we had a short window for something awesome, is ancient history now, football is barbaric anyway, whatever
I'm worried about lacrosse.

Last edited:
Captain, I'm pretty sure that is an iceberg up ahead. Captain Bees: "nonsense. Plus, this ship is unsinkable". With what is happening to our country and to the college sports I love, I'm glad I'm 66
Can I just add… W-in-The-living-F are we even doing? USC and UCLA to the Big Ten?!

This is all so freakin’ dumb. Random, sporadic, poorly planned, geographically illogical, culturally ill-fitting additions and defections that serve literally only one end… greed.

At least pro sports are centrally planned, generally competitively balanced, with rational team alignments.

College sports is on crack. This might be the straw that breaks me. I just can’t summon the energy to care anymore.
I love everything you said. They’re gonna lose a lot of college sports fans with all this nonsense.

Since I see you’ve been here since 2016 you should know that I am the Omniscient, Omnipotent and Omnipresent one.

We all know the GOR is total bullshit.

The poweball #s have been given to whom I’ve deemed worthy. There was a second JFK shooter paid for by the mob, out of Cuba. The average wind speed for the African Sparrow is no longer relevant in today’s birdshot world.

Don’t call again.
The GOR may be bs but there's enough to it that Clemson and F State are still in the ACC and not the SEC. So maybe better lawyers are needed or a judge needs a new vacation home before anyone starts moving. Invariably the ACC gets falls like the other conferences, I just think it's not as quick as some think. The PAC was easy picking because their GOR is coming to an expiration.
For clarity you thought you gave those deemed worthy the Powerball numbers but actually you were so drunk it was the phone number to your favorite bookie and who uses birdshot on sparrows? Everyone knows hunters need AKs with 30 round mags for sparrow and small game. Come on Kaiser...I always call back. ;)

I would love if college fball adopted the regulation system like in euro club soccer. You could have the tier 1 league which looks like it’s the future B10/SEC with all the big boys, then the rest of p5 (B12, ACC, Pac12) would be tier 2 then Group of 5 would be be tier 3.

I'm getting close to the point of wishing for it. Being left behind used to terrify me, now I just don't care.

We've had 23 seasons since McNabb left. At best, 3 of them have been great teams (stretching a bit on 2012 but little to work with). 6 have been mediocre. 14 have been losing teams.

I'm prepared to accept a situation where we'll never be consistently good. If we're left behind in some conglomeration of like teams, then whatever. I'll still hit up a game per year, maybe go to some roadies if they're closer. Hoops, lax and olympic sports will be fine no matter what.

Maybe the whole thing will actually feel more collegiate.
Please remind me. How many stages does grieving have?

We barely made the cut last time. And if we are honest with ourselves, we are probably in a worse position now than we were then. I happen to think that the people in charge at Syracuse are smart but no amount of smart can replace what is.

I’m not worried.

Can I just add… W-in-The-living-F are we even doing? USC and UCLA to the Big Ten?!

This is all so freakin’ dumb. Random, sporadic, poorly planned, geographically illogical, culturally ill-fitting additions and defections that serve literally only one end… greed.

At least pro sports are centrally planned, generally competitively balanced, with rational team alignments.

College sports is on crack. This might be the straw that breaks me. I just can’t summon the energy to care anymore.
Don't be fooled this is the Big 10 and Pac 12 Merging. The Pac 12 only has like 3 or 4 valuable assets. The top 2 just moved. The Big 10 probably takes 2 more and the merger is complete.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom