USMNT soccer team thread | Page 70 | Syracusefan.com

USMNT soccer team thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great documentary series on Netflix called "Juventus"...the series follows the club team through its season. Watched the first three episodes over the long weekend.

Unfortunately, for those you don't speak Italian, the documentary is all in Italian. Not sure if there is a way to get English sub-titles on Netflix.

If so, it is it is well worth watching.

Great documentary series on Netflix called "Juventus"...the series follows the club team through its season. Watched the first three episodes over the long weekend.

Unfortunately, for those you don't speak Italian, the documentary is all in Italian. Not sure if there is a way to get English sub-titles on Netflix.

When can we expect Forza’s English version “Director’s Cut” to be posted? ;)

Kidding aside, I enjoy reading posts from others, like Forza Azzuri, who lend their soccer knowledge & experiences to threads like this.

Grazie!

When can we expect Forza’s English version “Director’s Cut” to be posted? ;)

Kidding aside, I enjoy reading posts from others, like Forza Azzuri, who lend their soccer knowledge & experiences to threads like this.

Grazie!

Read a couple of articles about it today. Got really good reviews. Apparently, it was just released to Netflix last Friday so is brand new.

There must be a way for it to be shown with English sub-titles as, based on the names of the guys doing the writing about the series, I doubt they all spoke Italian.

Prego!

Read a couple of articles about it today. Got really good reviews. Apparently, it was just released to Netflix last Friday so is brand new.

There must be a way for it to be shown with English sub-titles as, based on the names of the guys doing the writing about the series, I doubt they all spoke Italian.

Prego!

I’d love to see a Juve documentary about the mid 90s team with Baggio, Vialli, etc.

I loved Schillaci & Baggio as a teenager in the late 80s / early 90s.

Anyone catch the TFC/COL game last night? It was in the single digits at kick-off and was one of the coldest FIFA sanctioned games ever played. Brutal game to watch. Whenever there is talk about our domestic leagues going to the FIFA calendar, that should be point 1 in the cons category.

Anyone catch the TFC/COL game last night? It was in the single digits at kick-off and was one of the coldest FIFA sanctioned games ever played. Brutal game to watch. Whenever there is talk about our domestic leagues going to the FIFA calendar, that should be point 1 in the cons category.

I don’t see how we could ever go with the FIFA calendar in North America with our winter climate. It can’t work.

Selfishly, I love a good MLS match on a lazy summer night and don’t really want that to go away.

I’d love to see a Juve documentary about the mid 90s team with Baggio, Vialli, etc.

I loved Schillaci & Baggio as a teenager in the late 80s / early 90s.

Baggio is a sensitive subject. He left Fiorentina for Juve. Viola fans hate Juventus (as does everyone who is not a fan of the Vecchia Signora in Italy)...

I mean, I just can’t. Lose it to Morocco???

Sources: U.S.-led '26 World Cup bid in peril

Looks like backlash against corruption being exposed and our current political climate. Trump won’t even be in office in 2026, but I guess everyone is focused on now rather than 8 years from now. Since each country has a vote and it’s being made public, that hurts too as no African nation can put in a secret vote for us. I get countries in Africa, Western Asia and parts of Europe that are closer to Morocco geographically might vote for them. I don’t understand why a bunch of South American countries are apparently backing Morocco. It has to be all political. That makes me kind of angry. I hope the US, Mexico and Canada can pull it off but I won’t hold my breath.

It’s not the current climate as that doofus would be long gone by 2026.

It’s all about the DOJ and those indictments. Numerous of those indicted were from South American countries this is there payback.

I don’t get why Asia would support Morocco over the joint bid. If North America gets 2026 it opens up a future spot for Asia.

North America hasn’t had the tour basically since 1994.
98- Europe
02- Asia
06- Europe
10- Africa
14- South America
18- Europe
22- Asia

It’s North America’s turn.

We have an 18 year-old who may make his professional debut for a top ~5-7 team in the world tomorrow:

ZFjAsFl.jpg

There are (glaringly) a few big names missing from the squad, but still pretty awesome!

We need to hire a manager so they can get to work and keep these kids who are tied to USA to remain with us
Weah according to Stone can play for France, Liberia as well.
We need to make sure the French don’t poach him.

Not gonna lie, I got really excited to see that this 18 year-old Handwalla Bwana on Seattle is eligible for the US (after a quick Google-fu) -- he definitely passes the look test after his first sub appearance. Could be quite the player in a few years, and I've never really remember hearing of him before watching him play tonight.

A little OT, but does anyone know of Pulisic has a younger brother. There is a Pulisic at Duke, who plays goalie. Only 5'11". Has a good resume, but at that size I wonder if there is a bit of trading on his brother's name.

A little OT, but does anyone know of Pulisic has a younger brother. There is a Pulisic at Duke, who plays goalie. Only 5'11". Has a good resume, but at that size I wonder if there is a bit of trading on his brother's name.
I believe that's his cousin. He was highly rated coming through the US youth system but I have feeling that was based on him growing to be taller than 5'11. Still looks like a pretty good player.

They dubbed an English version!

Watched the first 1.5 episodes on Sunday.

Molto Bene!!

I believe that's his cousin. He was highly rated coming through the US youth system but I have feeling that was based on him growing to be taller than 5'11. Still looks like a pretty good player.
Caught my eye. Trying to gauge rosters for my son.

Seattle, Toronto, and NYRB all lead their Liga MX opponents in the first leg of CONCACAF champions league quarterfinals. Don't believe and MLS team has ever won.

Seattle, Toronto, and NYRB all lead their Liga MX opponents in the first leg of CONCACAF champions league quarterfinals. Don't believe and MLS team has ever won.

A nice thing about that is that there were a few young potential USMNT players that put in good games against pretty good competition (though it should be noted that the Liga Mx teams didn't necessarily throw out full strength squads...). Bwana looked promising again, Roldan was great, and Adams had a typical game for him too. For TFC, SU Alum Alex Bono got the W!

I also thought Timmy Parker looked fantastic. He hit a bit of a rough patch last year after being a really promising rookie (i think?) in 2016. I hope he continues to rebound in form, he's got great physical tools and I love when he's super aggressive defending -- so disruptive. He's a little bit older, but when you are a 24/25/26 year-old defender, you always have the opportunity to make a big jump later in your 20s.

(and that's my overreaction to those games)

A nice thing about that is that there were a few young potential USMNT players that put in good games against pretty good competition (though it should be noted that the Liga Mx teams didn't necessarily throw out full strength squads...). Bwana looked promising again, Roldan was great, and Adams had a typical game for him too. For TFC, SU Alum Alex Bono got the W!

I also thought Timmy Parker looked fantastic. He hit a bit of a rough patch last year after being a really promising rookie (i think?) in 2016. I hope he continues to rebound in form, he's got great physical tools and I love when he's super aggressive defending -- so disruptive. He's a little bit older, but when you are a 24/25/26 year-old defender, you always have the opportunity to make a big jump later in your 20s.

(and that's my overreaction to those games)
Even though I'm a casual NYRB supporter, I look forward to seeing what Tyler Adams can do in Europe (assuming that happens eventually).

Status
Not open for further replies.