Utah... | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Utah...

Better plan is to add Washington State, Oregon State, San Diego State, UNLV, Utah, Fresno State
If you do that you finish out the Western half of the ACC by adding Oregon St, and Washington St. That effectively landlocks the Big 12 from both coasts.
Sounds like a good plan in theory but would you do it if your yearly revenue decreases from $44 million to $30-$35 million? That is what it is going to be adding 1/2 or full shares for all these schools. The networks aren't bumping conference revenue much just to add teams.

Utah being added seemed far fetched to me to begin with for a number of reasons all of which were on Utah's end but it would have made a lot of sense for the ACC so I hope they kicked the tires. It's sad to say but the B12 is the more stable conference right now, ACC just doesn't appear to have any real shot at a long term future.

Guess this Utah rumor that any plans on the ACC and Big 12 working together against the Big 10 and SEC is not getting a lot of traction.

Guess this Utah rumor that any plans on the ACC and Big 12 working together against the Big 10 and SEC is not getting a lot of traction.

I have read reports that ESPN is only going to pro rata compensate for teams that bring enough revenue to make it cost effective (my paraphrase).

If this is true, then none of the Big 12 teams bring sufficient revenue for anticipated ACC payouts.

Ponder that for a moment: the Big 12 is likely being overcompensated at this moment and is not expected to increase equally with the ACC.

Just my thoughts process,not a verified fact .

P.S. if Utah is a big enough draw (I am not convinced as Utah is a relatively recently successful program but lacks a long history and is in a smallish population state that nobody outside Utah follows) they may get an invite. The denial may be only for factual purposes, the deal is not yet closed. I am not convinced this is so, but follows the pattern of denial until the it is fact (e.g. the ink is dry on the contracts).

Colorado never should have left the Big 12 Utah has no ties to it. I think CU wants to park itself there longterm the P12 was brutal to them.

I think they could be added without an extra team. For whatever reason they like to be in a better conference than BYU so a good year from the ACC is probably what needs to happen to swing them. Luckily we wouldn't have to add BYU. SDSU is the obvious team to add with them if not CU.

Utah, Arizona and UCF (replacing FSWho) and/or another Western school, or two, would be great.

1) I can't believe some of you want to recreate the 2000s Big East. USF? Gross.

2) I don't care anymore and you can't make me. Just publish the schedules ahead of the season and I'll figure out what conference we're in that year.

2) I don't care anymore and you can't make me. Just publish the schedules ahead of the season and I'll figure out what conference we're in that year.
Sometimes I try to do things
And it just doesn't work out the way I want it to
And I get real frustrated
And like, I try hard to do it
And I like, take my time, but it just doesn't work out the way I want it to
It's like I concentrate on it real hard
But it just doesn't work out
And everything I do and everything I try
It never turns out
It's like, I need time to figure these things out
But there's always someone there going
"Hey Mike, you know, we've been noticing you've been having a lot of problems lately, you know?
You should maybe get away
And like, maybe you should talk about it, you'll feel a lot better"
And I go, "No it's okay, you know, I'll figure it out
Just leave me alone, I'll figure it out, you know?
I'm just working on myself"
They go, "Well you know, if you wanna talk about it, I'll be here, you know
And you'll probably feel a lot better if you talk about it
So why don't you talk about it?"
I go, "No I don't want to, I'm okay, I'll figure it out myself"

Utah being added seemed far fetched to me to begin with for a number of reasons all of which were on Utah's end but it would have made a lot of sense for the ACC so I hope they kicked the tires. It's sad to say but the B12 is the more stable conference right now, ACC just doesn't appear to have any real shot at a long term future.
What are you talking about? The ACC has a long term grant of rights. That’s the definition of stability. The ACC is the more stable conference and the one with all the more valuable sports programs and more prestigious college sports names. UCF? Kansas State? Cincinnati? Houston? Texas Tech? Baylor? These aren’t exactly cream of the crop universities.

What are you talking about? The ACC has a long term grant of rights. That’s the definition of stability. The ACC is the more stable conference and the one with all the more valuable sports programs and more prestigious college sports names. UCF? Kansas State? Cincinnati? Houston? Texas Tech? Baylor? These aren’t exactly cream of the crop universities.
The question is how does is compare when FSU, Clemson, Miami and UNC leave when they settle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom