Utah... | Syracusefan.com

Utah...

This has to be men's Lax driven obviously.

I don't believe this but I do think the ACC is the better choice. I feel like Utah and ASU jumped at the first offer, given the PAC exodus.

TCU was all set to go to the Big East back in the day but left right before officially joining. Could Utah and one other do the same?

Dick Weiss was good years ago but has lost his fastball. He reported a couple months ago Porter Moser to quit Oklahoma to be the next man up for the 3-29 Depaul job.
Just because he lost his fastball doesn’t mean he can’t get it back. He used to be bald, but he got his hair back. So anything is possible.

IMG_0535.jpeg

Makes a lot of sense and btw if you haven’t noticed we are expanding out geography lately

Since geographic location no longer means anything, yes adding Utah would be great. They have a rock solid football program.
It's about eyeballs and good teams. It's also about creating content that goes from East to West. ESPN and other Networks need West Coast content. It is very valuable to them. Adding West Coast and Mountain time zones is accretive to the ACC current east coast centric time zone. I hope that we add 3 to 5 Mountain and West Coast teams.

It's about eyeballs and good teams. It's also about creating content that goes from East to West. ESPN and other Networks need West Coast content. It is very valuable to them. Adding West Coast and Mountain time zones is accretive to the ACC current east coast centric time zone. I hope that we add 3 to 5 Mountain and West Coast teams.
Giving it a 'like' for your use of 'accretive'. Regardless of whether it's a word.

It also helps with travel. If Utah and ASU came to the ACC you could go 3+5/5/5 with the 4 former PACs being each other's 3.

The speculation has been that the ACC is going away. My two cents is that the ACC is going to start hunting. The Big 12 is up for grabs in a few years and i believe that the ACC is going to land a few schools. We already have a better payout then the 12 and i believe that if we play our cards right we will get a nice bump during the look in period. I doubt the ACC is going anyplace but up.

I’ve been saying this for awhile; if the top ACC brands bolt, I’d love to see a western division starting with Stanford, Cal, and SMU.

You could add Utah Colorado, Arizona, Arizona State, Kansas, Oklahoma State, and Houston to form a 10 team west division.

Last edited:
The speculation has been that the ACC is going away. My two cents is that the ACC is going to start hunting. The Big 12 is up for grabs in a few years and i believe that the ACC is going to land a few schools. We already have a better payout then the 12 and i believe that if we play our cards right we will get a nice bump during the look in period. I doubt the ACC is going anyplace but up.
So, the ACC is paying Cal and Stanford half shares and SMU gets no media revenues, but they would be OK with giving Utah a full share of revenues or Utah would be OK taking a huge pay cut? Crazy talk.

I don't get why a Pac/ACC merger didn't happen a year ago? Pac could have used a lifeline. Their fans were wanting it and ACC could have got pennies on the dollar and with Oregon/Washington before they bolted.

I suspect ESPN broke the numbers down for them. Conference fans watch mostly their own conference teams. ACC fans watches ACC, Big 10 watches Big 10, etc. With all of the ACC in the EST and the almost all of the Pac in the PST, the time zone differences would hurt ratings. So ESPN probably said sure, ACC, you can add them, but instead said we will need 75% of the ACCN revenue to recoup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom