Utica Colleges Dome Collapses | Syracusefan.com

Utica Colleges Dome Collapses

They were so lucky it's spring break. Normally there would have been people in there, and that would have been a disaster.
They shut it down ahead of time, but yeah still could have been a bigger issue if it wasn't spring break.

when I was in school, one of the desirable work study jobs was at the dome shoveling the roof.

It's a pretty nice facility. Was just there recently with my son who did a Goalie ID clinic.

when I was in school, one of the desirable work study jobs was at the dome shoveling the roof.
It is astounding to me that this was/is a possibility for students... The liability issues alone. I'd want to sub that out every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

I graduated from Utica College last may. Played football there and was in there a decent amount. There is a lot of equipment, fields, courts, and coaches offices in there. Tough break.

I graduated from Utica College last may. Played football there and was in there a decent amount. There is a lot of equipment, fields, courts, and coaches offices in there. Tough break.

UC grad myself, the bubble wasn't there when I was there but I have seen it when I went back a few years ago and I thought it was a real nice addition to the school. Give that school credit they have done a great build up job there from what it was in the early 2000's when I was there.

UC grad myself, the bubble wasn't there when I was there but I have seen it when I went back a few years ago and I thought it was a real nice addition to the school. Give that school credit they have done a great build up job there from what it was in the early 2000's when I was there.
Yes, in my 4 years there they made some nice upgrades to the campus. They have been getting record enrollments the past few years. The school is definitely trending upwards.

I was visiting Hartford when the Civic Center roof collapsed. Talk about a disaster.

Yes, in my 4 years there they made some nice upgrades to the campus. They have been getting record enrollments the past few years. The school is definitely trending upwards.

Agreed, they have really taken the school to the next level. When I was there you still got a Syracuse degree so that's what drew me but they were also just beginning to expand as they built two new dorms while I was there. Didn't get a chance to see the new ECI building or the sports bubble. I stopped back over the summer a few years ago and parts of the campus were unrecognizable in a good way. I also missed out on the lower tuition as they were charging near SU prices back then.

Agreed, they have really taken the school to the next level. When I was there you still got a Syracuse degree so that's what drew me but they were also just beginning to expand as they built two new dorms while I was there. Didn't get a chance to see the new ECI building or the sports bubble. I stopped back over the summer a few years ago and parts of the campus were unrecognizable in a good way. I also missed out on the lower tuition as they were charging near SU prices back then.
They dropped the tuition the semester following my graduation. A bunch of us seniors had a different outlook on that than the rest of the student body :rolling:.

They dropped the tuition the semester following my graduation. A bunch of us seniors had a different outlook on that than the rest of the student body :rolling:.

LOL, trust me I feel your pain. I am going to try and get back up there this summer to take a look at the campus. I wonder if any of our hold haunts are still around Uncle Jimmy's and some of the bars on Verick Street. Also the club that was next to the price chopper on the main drive whose name I can't recall. We also went into that huge insane asylum a couple of times, not recommended. I also remember getting back from the bars at 3am drunk and watching Forever Leather Commercials with that guy Charlie or whatever his name was, funniest thing ever. God I miss those.

LOL, trust me I feel your pain. I am going to try and get back up there this summer to take a look at the campus. I wonder if any of our hold haunts are still around Uncle Jimmy's and some of the bars on Verick Street. Also the club that was next to the price chopper on the main drive whose name I can't recall. We also went into that huge insane asylum a couple of times, not recommended.
Tried to go in there, but could never coordinate a tour. Verick is great, but for about a year The Finger Bullet right off of Burrstone was the place to be, until it got too crowded. The Celtic Harp and Lukin's are great as well. Lots of good times down there, it's a great little college to have fun at on the weekends. Can never go wrong with a growler from the Saranac brewery either.

Tried to go in there, but could never coordinate a tour. Verick is great, but for about a year The Finger Bullet right off of Burrstone was the place to be, until it got too crowded. The Celtic Harp and Lukin's are great as well. Lots of good times down there, it's a great little college to have fun at on the weekends. Can never go wrong with a growler from the Saranac brewery either.

Not overly familiar with the Finger Bullet, will have to check that out. Was also surprised there wasn't more bars and clubs off of Burrstone my 4 years there, seemed like a gold mind. Verick street got real poplular when I was an upperclassmen there and that Irish bar was a great place. Used to love to go to Saranac Thursdays, was always a good time. We used to go on the brew tour a lot as one of the after tour bartenders was a friend of ours so we would get hooked up with 5 times the amount of free drinks. There were a few other bars a little bit away from campus including one in like an old retail complex but the names are lost to time at this point.

Not overly familiar with the Finger Bullet, will have to check that out. Was also surprised there wasn't more bars and clubs off of Burrstone my 4 years there, seemed like a gold mind. Verick street got real poplular when I was an upperclassmen there and that Irish bar was a great place. Used to love to go to Saranac Thursdays, was always a good time. We used to go on the brew tour a lot as one of the after tour bartenders was a friend of ours so we would get hooked up with 5 times the amount of free drinks. There were a few other bars a little bit away from campus including one in like an old retail complex but the names are lost to time at this point.
I've only been gone a year and I am already forgetting certain things so I can understand that. I'm sure those bars have changed a few times in between our stay.

I've only been gone a year and I am already forgetting certain things so I can understand that. I'm sure those bars have changed a few times in between our stay.

Agreed, Some changed names in the 4 years I was there. Now that I have been gone 10+ years I am sure there's more that have changed then have it. Last few times I was there they had a dunkin donuts over there on what used to be a restaurant/bar. Would have loved to have had that when I was there. Is that Friendly's still there?

Agreed, Some changed names in the 4 years I was there. Now that I have been gone 10+ years I am sure there's more that have changed then have it. Last few times I was there they had a dunkin donuts over there on what used to be a restaurant/bar. Would have loved to have had that when I was there. Is that Friendly's still there?
Yes it is, my sophomore year I lived in Burrstone, which used to be that old hotel. Having Dunkin across the street and Friendly's right next door was awesome. I got to know the workers at Dunkin well, and they'd hook me up with free food and drinks daily. I almost never had to pay because they would give me the food instead of throwing it out. It was awesome.

Yes it is, my sophomore year I lived in Burrstone, which used to be that old hotel. Having Dunkin across the street and Friendly's right next door was awesome. I got to know the workers at Dunkin well, and they'd hook me up with free food and drinks daily. I almost never had to pay because they would give me the food instead of throwing it out. It was awesome.

Burrstone was great, lived there for 2 years. Was prefect because it was campus housing but you were technically off campus and it was kind of its little own world over there and the oversight from Campus safety was greatly reduced. Would have loved to have had that over there during my time but it was a restaurant that kept opening and closing that was a bar for about a year as well and then closed again. We were stuck with Friendly's or Fasttrack in the general vicinity.

LOL, trust me I feel your pain. I am going to try and get back up there this summer to take a look at the campus. I wonder if any of our hold haunts are still around Uncle Jimmy's and some of the bars on Verick Street. Also the club that was next to the price chopper on the main drive whose name I can't recall. We also went into that huge insane asylum a couple of times, not recommended. I also remember getting back from the bars at 3am drunk and watching Forever Leather Commercials with that guy Charlie or whatever his name was, funniest thing ever. God I miss those.
Charlie Seely. He's actually going to be on Tosh.0 on Tuesday as his main segment. They breaking down his infamous video where he goes off on a Hillary Clinton rant. Here is the video. Must watch...hilarious!

And him going off on Nice N Easy
Charlie Celi disses Nice N Easy

Charlie Seely. He's actually going to be on Tosh.0 on Tuesday as his main segment. They breaking down his infamous video where he goes off on a Hillary Clinton rant. Here is the video. Must watch...hilarious!

And him going off on Nice N Easy
Charlie Celi disses Nice N Easy

Omg that was awesome. I loved watching those infommercials. Is he still doing them regularly? I remember the commercials showing up around here in the mid to late 2000s when he opened a store somewhere around here but i think he closed several during the recession and i havent seen them in years and years.

My favorite one was one time he was in the middle of the infommercial and some beeping noise started going off. He then went into a 5 minute explanation about it being from aunt aunnies pretzels next door and the smoke alarm and all this other stuff. Then he yelled at one of hia employees off camera to remember to empty the dumpster that wwek because they forgot last week and so on, I was laughing hard i could barely breath.

Last edited:
The Finger Bullet has been around forever.

Omg that was awesome. I loved watching those infommercials. Is he still doing them regularly? I remember the commercials showing up around here in the mid to late 2000s when he opened a store somewhere around here but i think he closed several during the recession and i havent seen them in years and years.

My favorite one was one time he was in the middle of the infommercial and some beeping noise started going off. He then went into a 5 minute explanation about it being from aunt aunnies pretzels next door and the smoke alarm and all this other stuff. Then he yelled at one of hia employees off camera to remember to empty the dumpster that wwek because they forgot last week and so on, I was laughing hard i could barely breath.
He does infomercials with his company and Dr. Uniform. It's weird. It's half infomercial to sell leather, then he'll go to a restraunt and sample food and plug a restaurant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom