UVA QB Brennan Armstrong Portal to NC State | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

UVA QB Brennan Armstrong Portal to NC State

I’m more concerned about Bronco Armstrong and one of our tandem being reunited somewhere.
Yes, something along those lines could happen.

If Bronco does not get a HC gig, I could see Greg Schiano, who made Rutgers the worst offensive team in the the country, try to fix his issues in one fell swoop by taking Armstrong on and trying to hire Anae and/or Beck away.

Don't think they have the money, don't think Anae and Beck are that foolish and I don't think Armstrong is stupid enough either. But I could see Schiano, who has to be desperate now, making a hard play here to try and save his job.

I’m more concerned about Bronco Armstrong and one of our tandem being reunited somewhere.

Completely possible. I assume Beck is ready to be a play caller.

Definitely a concern. That would be no bueno.

Makes a lot of sense, and would be a clear upgrade for them.

They've used portal transfers as starting QBs 2 out of the last 3 years, as well.
at least we don't play ND in 2023.

If Bronco does not get a HC gig, I could see Greg Schiano, who made Rutgers the worst offensive team in the the country, try to fix his issues in one fell swoop by taking Armstrong on and trying to hire Anae and/or Beck away.

Don't think they have the money, don't think Anae and Beck are that foolish and I don't think Armstrong is stupid enough either. But I could see Schiano, who has to be desperate now, making a hard play here to try and save his job.
Rutgers should certainly try all that. But I don't think any of those involved would bit at that bad decision.

Schiano has 5 more years on his contract, he is safe for at least a few years.

If Shrader stays we aren't bring him in. Would not go over too well with a lot of the team you would think. But if Shrader goes its probably almost a done deal and we certainly should try to bring him in. He is way more proven than CDRW or Lamson.
Nah, it would be like when Sunshine joins the Titans.

Teams get comfortable with QBs that can play real fast.

Nah, it would be like when Sunshine joins the Titans.

Teams get comfortable with QBs that can play real fast.
Ha. Understood. But that is only if everyone thinks he is better. If not you have some problems.

Armstrong isn’t a running threat. Next. SU is where Pocket passers go to die.

Yes he was. I don't blame him for getting out of UVa. It must have been a nightmare year for him in many ways.

If Bronco gets a HC job somewhere, look for Armstrong to surface there. I doubt we would take him but with the pre-existing relationship, it could happen. It would all come down to whether the staff thought Armstrong was an upgrade over Shrader.

My guess is no but stranger things have happened.
I hope it's not a package deal somewhere, Arnstrong, Bronco, Anae and Beck going somewhere together, I worry over such things

would Rutty with their finances in the red actually fire Shady and eat that big contract?

I’d love to see this guy under center for us. But I suspect he’ll get much better offers

Have you ever watched him? Very much so a running threat. He is uber athletic and a load.

Last year Shrader was 5th in the country among QBs as a runner. Armstrong was 13th and actually averaged more YPC than Shrader. But he didn’t run anywhere near as much as Shrader. 13th is pretty darn good though.

I just don't see the need for Armstrong.
2023 - Schrader closes out his eligibility (and flies his jet into the sunset)
2024 & '25 - Battle Royale between Lamson, CD-RW and Sellers
Skchraeder back next season? I don’t know if that’s what’s going to happen.

I’d love to see this guy under center for us. But I suspect he’ll get much better offers
What? We’ll have 4 guys better next year if they all stay. Think maybe we should focus on positions we’re not 4 deep in?