UVA QB Brennan Armstrong Portal to NC State | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

UVA QB Brennan Armstrong Portal to NC State

Last year Shrader was 5th in the country among QBs as a runner. Armstrong was 13th and actually averaged more YPC than Shrader. But he didn’t run anywhere near as much as Shrader. 13th is pretty darn good though.
good post. Also, there is no way that Dino allows this kid to come here if Shrader comes back. I'm sure that they already know what Shrader is going to do.

What? We’ll have 4 guys better next year if they all stay. Think maybe we should focus on positions we’re not 4 deep in?
Better than a top 10 rated guy? Imagine the guy with a really good line and more than one receiver. He really showed he could play at this level, which really surprised me.

What? We’ll have 4 guys better next year if they all stay. Think maybe we should focus on positions we’re not 4 deep in?

Why not throw in Jacobian Morgan too?

(or maybe you did?)

LOL. Sure we do. We’ve had the “deepest QB room we’ve had in YEARS” for going on 2 decades now.

Armstrong is better than anyone we have by a mile.
The next post you make that I agree with will be the first. And we’ve both been on this board for 20 some odd years.
But don’t stop trying.

Last year Shrader was 5th in the country among QBs as a runner. Armstrong was 13th and actually averaged more YPC than Shrader. But he didn’t run anywhere near as much as Shrader. 13th is pretty darn good though.
Shrader was having an amazing year until he got hurt in the 1st half of the Clemson game. Obviously his ability to tuck it and run is his best quality. With his improved passing he looked great . Once the threat to run was taken away he was very limited. If he comes back, and I believe that’s a big if at this point, with his continued improvement throwing to go along with healthy legs he could be really good. He still finished 7th overall in the country by PFF for QB’s.

I think I would take a healthy Shrader over Armstrong. Unless we know he won’t be back.

Rumor is ND
I checked one of the ND boards. Their fans are debating whether to take Armstrong or Sam Hartman, who isn’t even in the portal. Very arrogant.

That said, it wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world for Sam to transfer to ND for his final season. I think we Syracuse fans have seen enough of him so far to last 2 lifetimes.

Armstrong and Shrader are both good with Anae and really bad without him

Shrader 114 rating without Anae to 155 with him
Armstrong 157 with Anae to 109 without him

I don't know who's better, I just know that Anae is a very good offensive coach

Last edited:

HIs offensive line was a total disaster this year. It would have been hard for many QBs to be successful.

We wouldnt have won 4 games without Dr Bob this year

We've already discussed that I'm just a doom and gloomer when discussing the basketball team's prospects this year ;) but to say that we have 4 QBs better than Brennan is ridiculous.

I checked one of the ND boards. Their fans are debating whether to take Armstrong or Sam Hartman, who isn’t even in the portal. Very arrogant.

That said, it wouldn’t be the worse thing in the world for Sam to transfer to ND for his final season. I think we Syracuse fans have seen enough of him so far to last 2 lifetimes.

If Sam Hartman comes back to Wake, I'm taking a year off from college football. I can't do a 6th year of him against us.

If not for Trill, he would have thrown for 355, 3 TDs and led his team to a comeback win against us, in his "redshirt" season. lol.

Shrader was sacked at a higher rate this year. So if Armstrong needs a good OL, he won't work here.
I watched a lot of UVA football. It’s not just that the OL was bad (and they were) but also that the entire O was a mess. Lots of injuries, and a brand new staff that had zero idea what it was doing schematically on offense. I was at the UVA-Miami game and it was as bad an offensive game I’ve ever seen.

He’s not coming here, but Armstrong would do very well. We’re not nearly as bad on O as UVA was this year.

If Sam Hartman comes back to Wake, I'm taking a year off from college football. I can't do a 6th year of him against us.

If not for Trill, he would have thrown for 355, 3 TDs and led his team to a comeback win against us, in his "redshirt" season. lol.
I don't think Hartman will return to Wake. I think he's ready to move on. I was thinking that Armstrong might be a possibility for Wake.

JFC Sam Hartman has eligibility left?

I can’t waive goodbye fast enough. Single biggest factor in WF’s competitiveness. He can have the ol’ one finger salute on the way out the door.
I personally won't go quite as far as the one finger salute :) but I won't be disappointed to see him finally use up his eligibility.

At some point we all turn 30 and decide maybe we need to grow up.

Some of us say it again at 40, and are about to say it again at 50.
The psychological term for that is the Peter Pan Syndrome. ;)