Va Tech Gameday... | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Va Tech Gameday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
His arm was serviceable the first half of last year. So it’s not like he can’t do it. I’m not going to throw rocks at him, even if he isn’t effective for whatever the reason it’s on the coaches to put someone in that is.

Not a shot at him, good dude whose laid it all on the line. He's not a P5 D1 Qb though, it's not a slam its just reality.

Nah, his arm was perfectly serviceable when he last beat VT by standing in the pocket to throw a bomb to Alford.
Not really. Miracle heaves don’t equate to good arms. Neither does 65% completion percentages against Colgate. Sometimes your eyes AREN'T lying. He’s never been a good QB. Warrior? Great kid? Terrific running downhill outside of the pocket? Yes to all. A good arm? No.

If Dino/Beck really think trotting Shrader out there gives them the best chance to win, then I shudder to think was CDRW would do out there.
Well this is why on the recruiting board I was warning people for being too bullish on transfer QB’s that were buried on depth charts at other schools. The reality is that they may not be able to compete at this level irrespective of the P5 they’re at.

It’s not like we got the second stringers at those schools to transfer in.

Not really. Miracle heaves don’t equate to good arms. Neither does 65% completion percentages against Colgate. Sometimes your eyes AREN'T lying. He’s never been a good QB. Warrior? Great kid? Terrific running downhill outside of the pocket? Yes to all. A good arm? No.
Didn’t say he had a good arm, said it was serviceable.

It got the job done then, it isn’t now.

Why am I holding my bladder waiting for something good to happen?

Well this is why on the recruiting board I was warning people for being too bullish on transfer QB’s that were buried on depth charts at other schools. The reality is that they may not be able to compete at this level irrespective of the P5 they’re at.

Any transfer from a big school. There's a reason they weren't getting enough playing time.

Not a shot at him, good dude whose laid it all on the line. He's not a P5 D1 Qb though, it's not a slam its just reality.
Been saying that for years.

Sadly, his backups might be worse.

Dino certainly can’t recruit an offense and it’s debatable he could coach one even if he had one.

A glorified wildcat is not offensive success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
purelytd

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom