VaTech Gametime: Noon on The CW

I'm curious how television prioritizes the spots. I would have thought:

1. ABC/ESPN 7:30
2. ABC/ESPN Noon
3. ACCN 8:00
4. ACCN 3:30
5. ACCN Noon
6. ACCN CW

But is that the case? VT still has some name appeal and is playing much better. Would have thought it has more appeal than 1-7 FSU in a half empty Doak.

Also thought Pitt-SMU would have been in the top 2 spots.

Per wikipedia,

Counting only conventional CW affiliates and over-the-air affiliates of the CW Plus, the network has an estimated combined national reach of 100-percent of all households in the United States (or 330,866,316 Americans with at least one television set); this makes the CW the largest U.S. broadcast network by population reach percentage.

So there is *potential* for 330 million people to watch us on Saturday. It's not likely. It's improbable. Definitely a better shot that an asteroid that is about to destroy Earth is blown apart by a hand-delivered nuclear device implemented by oil drillers that learn how to become astronauts in a few weeks and the world is saved... But it is not impossible. And I think if we allow Otto to play QB for every third series, we could get some real numbers.

OR, while I know they now allow headset comms for college QBs, we could still call in plays with giant photos of Chuck Bass or Veronica Mars that could also garner some numbers.

OR, if we have Fran Brown start his pre-game interview with, "Hey, Upper East Siders, Gossip Girl here".

You get the idea. Unlimited potential for us to do HUGE numbers and make the networks and the ACC rue the day they treated us as second-class citizens on the underappreciated CW network.
I agree we have no shot at everyone watching. But if we can just grab a measly 20% that’s 60 million viewers!! I could see that

Have an 11 am tee time on my golf trip. Assumed it was going to be 330, absolutely miserable for my selfish self. Major buzzkill

Any suggestions for a bar that will be open at 9/9:30am to bring my bus full of azzholes to? Only place in Syracuse I can find is Wolff's. Driving from the Utica area so anyplace on the way would be awesome.

Really wanted to tailgate but have no desire to listen to people whine about how cold it is at Skytop. Lol.

Any suggestions for a bar that will be open at 9/9:30am to bring my bus full of azzholes to? Only place in Syracuse I can find is Wolff's. Driving from the Utica area so anyplace on the way would be awesome.

Really wanted to tailgate but have no desire to listen to people whine about how cold it is at Skytop. Lol.
I think Shaugnnessys downtown Marriott is open early on home games. Supposedly a pretty good setup. Not 100% though

Come down to the SyraCRUZ Tailagte, in the West/Fine lot! No whiners, good people, great food/booze and I'm sure, heaters!

We might even have pancakes...
Hungry Pancake Day GIF by Aya Murata

Faegan's is typically open early on game mornings. I can hazily recall once getting bloody Mary's there for a noon game. Then you have the easy walk instead of trying to figure out how to get there fastest from downtown.

I'm curious how television prioritizes the spots. I would have thought:

1. ABC/ESPN 7:30
2. ABC/ESPN Noon
3. ACCN 8:00
4. ACCN 3:30
5. ACCN Noon
6. ACCN CW

But is that the case? VT still has some name appeal and is playing much better. Would have thought it has more appeal than 1-7 FSU in a half empty Doak.

Also thought Pitt-SMU would have been in the top 2 spots.
I think you have it close to 100% right though my guess is that ACCN Noon is priortized over ACCN 3:30 pm.

It should be noted that on Saturday, November 9th, there is no noon slot for ACC football. There is a basketball game scheduled for 1 pm. First football game is at 4:30 pm that day.

I think this was the second six day flex ESPN has executed this year. So they have two more. I doubt they use one the last week of the regular season, when there are a lot of OOC games. As the season goes on, I think more teams pile up losses and the choices for what the best games are become clearer.

Anyway, I think we are either getting the noon CW game or the 4:30 ACCN game.

I think SU vs BC is in direct competition with Duke vs NC State. Both are regional games with no clear big draw. One gets the CW and one the 4:30 slot on ACCN.

If we win against VT, I think we get the 3:30 pm slot on ACCN. Especially if/when Duke loses against Miami on Saturday. If we lose, or Duke upsets Miami this Saturday, Duke vs NC State is probably getting that 4:30 pm ACCN slot.

Still hoping we can get a later start. The crowd will be bigger and a lot drunker and noisier. I am sick of breakfast tailgating.

I think you have it close to 100% right though my guess is that ACCN Noon is priortized over ACCN 3:30 pm.

It should be noted that on Saturday, November 9th, there is no noon slot for ACC football. There is a basketball game scheduled for 1 pm. First football game is at 4:30 pm that day.

I think this was the second six day flex ESPN has executed this year. So they have two more. I doubt they use one the last week of the regular season, when there are a lot of OOC games. As the season goes on, I think more teams pile up losses and the choices for what the best games are become clearer.

Anyway, I think we are either getting the noon CW game or the 4:30 ACCN game.

I think SU vs BC is in direct competition with Duke vs NC State. Both are regional games with no clear big draw. One gets the CW and one the 4:30 slot on ACCN.

If we win against VT, I think we get the 3:30 pm slot on ACCN. Especially if/when Duke loses against Miami on Saturday. If we lose, or Duke upsets Miami this Saturday, Duke vs NC State is probably getting that 4:30 pm ACCN slot.

Still hoping we can get a later start. The crowd will be bigger and a lot drunker and noisier. I am sick of breakfast tailgating.

Good call on Noon vs 3:30 for ACCN. Anything to draw eyeballs away from Fox at Noon.

I hope we get the Noon CW slot for the game at Cal.

Wolffs Biergarten on Montgomery Street is open at 9am. Will likely have soccer on but good beer selection.

Good call on Noon vs 3:30 for ACCN. Anything to draw eyeballs away from Fox at Noon.

I hope we get the Noon CW slot for the game at Cal.
I am pretty sure if we play Cal at Cal on CW, it will be a 3:30 pm EST game.

That seems to be the preferred time slot so far this year for games at Cal or Stanford (12:30 PM PST). I believe even SMU has been getting this treatment (if my math and geography is good, I think that is 1:30 PM CST).

Which I understand and think makes a lot of sense.

I am pretty sure if we play Cal at Cal on CW, it will be a 3:30 pm EST game.

That seems to be the preferred time slot so far this year for games at Cal or Stanford (12:30 PM PST). I believe even SMU has been getting this treatment (if my math and geography is good, I think that is 1:30 PM CST).

Which I understand and think makes a lot of sense.

I know, I was joking. Didn't figure they were doing 9 am local starts. But it would be funny.

Playing at Sage Valley in Augusta and they are pretty strict on phones. Plus it’s walking only with caddie. May just give the caddy a fiddddy to not get me in trouble lol. Not missing the game. I’ll find a way
Shank a few in the woods and send the caddie after them, sneak a peak then

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom