Viable outside of the Family Hires | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Viable outside of the Family Hires

They learned under some very good coaches - both of them coached for Thad Matta, and Herbie Sendek (who was a pretty good coach for an android ...), and they have both successfully run programs and made tournament runs.
All of them are under the Rick Pitino coaching tree, as is Mike Cronin, and Andy Enfield. Since Pitino is on the JB tree, they are all "family" technically.

All of them are under the Rick Pitino coaching tree, as is Mike Cronin, and Andy Enfield. Since Pitino is on the JB tree, they are all "family" technically.
JB has been around so long he’s the equivalent of Charlemagne

He “only” makes 2.7 million.
And the Baylor fan base still sounds apathetic, as indicated in the article I posted. He could possibly be pried away from Waco with the $$ and the promise of more resources and a better fan base.

Last edited:
We would be a stepping stone job for Drew. Three years tops.
Isn’t Baylor the stepping stone job? I agree he’d probably only leave for Duke or UK. But who knows.

Drew is a guy with deep midwestern roots. You don't think he would see the Ohio State or especially the Indiana job as more prestigious than Syracuse?
I could be wrong but I think there was talk last year of Indiana trying to go after him. But don’t know if they did.

Stepping stone. Can you imagine what he could do here after what he’s done at Baylor.

And where else is he going to go? UK when Calipari retires? Duke and UNC are content hiring alums.
I was thinking Kentucky all along

Isn’t Baylor the stepping stone job? I agree he’d probably only leave for Duke or UK. But who knows.

He's been at Baylor a long time, but he's from the midwest.

If we go outside the family, I’d love to hire a guy like Buzz Williams. Always been a big fan of his. I don’t know if we could pry him out of Texas since he’s from there, but if we could I think he’d do really well here. Because of his experience at Marquette and VT, he understands the East Coast recruiting landscape.

If we go outside the family, I’d love to hire a guy like Buzz Williams. Always been a big fan of his. I don’t know if we could pry him out of Texas since he’s from there, but if we could I think he’d do really well here. Because of his experience at Marquette and VT, he understands the East Coast recruiting landscape.
He’s one of my least favorite coaches in basketball. He can coach, but his sideline antics are Hurley like.

He’s one of my least favorite coaches in basketball. He can coach, but his sideline antics are Hurley like.
Buzz is lovable, IMO, his sideline animation notwithstanding. Hurley is not lovable at all. Such a stupid punchable face and awful attitude.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom