Villanova game moved to Friday Aug 29 ?? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Villanova game moved to Friday Aug 29 ??

step back from what? I'm saying that Jeremy whines and complains a lot and his post to me seemed like he was trying to speak on a lot of the fan base. No matter if game is Friday or Saturday I'll be there... That's what I typed

I must have missed those complaining posts on the football board or the bball board that I started so if you could go ahead and link them here to remind me that would be great. Second I am not sure what thread you think your reading but it sure as hell isnt this one, at no point did I insinuate or say that I spoke for anyone but myself so if your going to respond lets not make stuff up. Third your original post took a shot at people's fanhoods, if you dont ever want to have a contrary point to the program or school thats your perogative but people can be diehards but not agree with the decisions Syracuse makes 100% of the time.

Hey, don't look now, the Louisville game is on a Friday too.

This is the most (IMO) petty discussion I've read next to "why the hell are our facemasks gray?".

We all end up with a conflict now and then. To pour a little salt, this actually works out better for me. :)

This is the most (IMO) petty discussion I've read next to "why the hell are our facemasks gray?".

We all end up with a conflict now and then. To pour a little salt, this actually works out better for me. :)
There you go. We all have our own issues with dates and times. Just don't publish them, sell the tickets and then, change the dates after plans have been made. I plan waaaaay in advance. This p's me off. My two pennies.

There you go. We all have our own issues with dates and times. Just don't publish them, sell the tickets and then, change the dates after plans have been made. I plan waaaaay in advance. This p's me off. My two pennies.

The move will help some but hurt others, my main beef is that Syracuse pretty much came out and said that they moved the game because of a Country concert at the State Fair. That sounds Div 3 to me but hey if it helps others attend the game then thats a good thing.

The move will help some but hurt others, my main beef is that Syracuse pretty much came out and said that they moved the game because of a Country concert at the State Fair. That sounds Div 3 to me but hey if it helps others attend the game then thats a good thing.
You said it , D3 move.

lummgr said:
Hey, don't look now, the Louisville game is on a Friday too. This is the most (IMO) petty discussion I've read next to "why the hell are our facemasks gray?". We all end up with a conflict now and then. To pour a little salt, this actually works out better for me. :)

The Lville game was scheduled for Friday. Nova wasn't.

You said it , D3 move.

Its hard for me to admit but honestly it is. Its not even like were talking about a concert that would be 40-50-60K were talking about the crumbling Grandstand at the fair, that holds what 15-20K max? Just cant imagine UConn or RU or Pitt moving a game because of a concert on a Saturday but I guess attendance issues have gotten to the point where the school thinks this move will really help. Personally I think it wont and is idiotic but hey at least were opening up with a 1AA for once.

Yup not to mention game televised on ESPN vs a top 25 or at least a fringe top 25 team in the Ville. Nova will be lucky to get live coverage on TW sports.

Another Friday game, another day off...Woohoo, these days off are racking up already!!!

I am of the opinion that it will help attendance. Tickets are easy to get and by 7PM, most people are sick of the fair. Most being from out of town might partake of a D1 football game that they don't regularly get a chance to see.

cuseguy said:
SU tends to think that every SU fans lives within 2 hours of the campus. That type of thinking is one of the reasons they draw poorly for football. Football is more of an event with pregame tailgating, and some fans actually live further away that Binghamton.

When it comes to the 1-AA game on Labor Day weekend, that's probably a fairly safe assumption. I'd bet you were one of the few who were traveling for this particular game. The rest of the home games on this schedule will be set by TV.

No reason though that they couldn't have planned this back when the schedule was released, but at the end of the day it really won't have much impact one way or another. Will upset some fans, will work out better for others.

So you're telling me that 5 mths advanced notice just wasn't enough? Man, people complain about EVERYTHING around here. I will be there if it's played Monday on the moon. It's the opener.

For anyone local, the 21 hour difference in game time should be negligible. For anyone traveling in, you have 5 months to tell your boss you're taking a vacation day.

So you're telling me that 5 mths advanced notice just wasn't enough? Man, people complain about EVERYTHING around here. I will be there if it's played Monday on the moon. It's the opener.

For anyone local, the 21 hour difference in game time should be negligible. For anyone traveling in, you have 5 months to tell your boss you're taking a vacation day.

Exactly.

If you're a kcal buying seasons, not much you can do. But if you're not local it might make a difference. Whi are we to question? Bottom line is they changed the schedule after it was released and it's not because ESPN or cbs now want to pick the game up.

Cuseman78 said:
So you're telling me that 5 mths advanced notice just wasn't enough? Man, people complain about EVERYTHING around here. I will be there if it's played Monday on the moon. It's the opener. For anyone local, the 21 hour difference in game time should be negligible. For anyone traveling in, you have 5 months to tell your boss you're taking a vacation day.
Yeah, what he said.

Really sick of hearing about the Fair. People really want to go pay $10 for a sausage and peppers and look at butter sculptures? State Fairs suck, and I can't imagine anyone getting excited about them.

It's probably the opening night for most local high school games. That's potentially quite a few fans who won't be able to attend a SU game.

It's probably the opening night for most local high school games. That's potentially quite a few fans who won't be able to attend a SU game.

I wish the mentality was, "that's potentially quite a few fans who won't be able to attend the local high school games".

If the Cuse has a home game, the only people who should be in those high school stands are parents.

I wish the mentality was, "that's potentially quite a few fans who won't be able to attend the local high school games".

If the Cuse has a home game, the only people who should be in those high school stands are parents.
hs fb is a wash.. just as many sat games as friday games.

Well I guess you know about everyone else's lives and situations. I'm impressed

OrangeDW said:
Really sick of hearing about the Fair. People really want to go pay $10 for a sausage and peppers and look at butter sculptures? State Fairs suck, and I can't imagine anyone getting excited about them.

I'm about as intolerant as they come but wow. Lighten up. I agree it should have nothing to do with the game, but I like the fair. Good food, and a few hot chicks with not enough clothes on.

I have the same view of guys who buy four $7 beers at a time at the Dome. Now that's silly. I get six beers at the grocery store for that much.

I myself will be at the game as usual, and follow it that weekend with a trip to the fair. To "take in the scenery", and eat lots of stupid to kick start my GI system for the next morning.

I'm about as intolerant as they come but wow. Lighten up. I agree it should have nothing to do with the game, but I like the fair. Good food, and a few hot chicks with not enough clothes on.

I have the same view of guys who buy four $7 beers at a time at the Dome. Now that's silly. I get six beers at the grocery store for that much.

I myself will be at the game as usual, and follow it that weekend with a trip to the fair. To "take in the scenery", and eat lots of stupid to kick start my GI system for the next morning.

It's not like The Fair is only open on Friday...it lasts like 10 days. Go to the game on Friday and the Fair on Saturday, set your priorities.

You think dome prices are bad for beer...and Fair prices are OK, really?

Also things to note...

The BO smell when folks walk by
The fact that most people on the Midway don't have all their teeth or anywhere close to a full set
The "no business" people...as in "...he/she has no business wearing that"
The Mullets
The clean bathrooms
75 year old 300 pound women wearing daisy dukes and bikini tops
Handstands - Rocker dudes that have skinny legs that look like they are walking on their hands
Pale thin dudes with wallet chains
Bad tattoos
...you can make your own list from here.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom