Villanova game moved to Friday Aug 29 ?? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Villanova game moved to Friday Aug 29 ??

Its hard for me to admit but honestly it is. Its not even like were talking about a concert that would be 40-50-60K were talking about the crumbling Grandstand at the fair, that holds what 15-20K max? Just cant imagine UConn or RU or Pitt moving a game because of a concert on a Saturday but I guess attendance issues have gotten to the point where the school thinks this move will really help. Personally I think it wont and is idiotic but hey at least were opening up with a 1AA for once.
And that is the entirety of it. "We" get the program "we" deserve.

I don't get people thinking this isn't for TV. Last year there were 8 games on the first Friday of the season. All but 2 (Samford-Georgia State, Southern-Houston) were televised. There's only 2 (3 with us) this year. It's going to be televised, and it's going to get us a national audience. CFB diehards are starved for games when the season starts, and they'll watch every single available one opening weekend.

I like the move

I'm about as intolerant as they come but wow. Lighten up. I agree it should have nothing to do with the game, but I like the fair. Good food, and a few hot chicks with not enough clothes on.

I have the same view of guys who buy four $7 beers at a time at the Dome. Now that's silly. I get six beers at the grocery store for that much.

I myself will be at the game as usual, and follow it that weekend with a trip to the fair. To "take in the scenery", and eat lots of stupid to kick start my GI system for the next morning.

The Fair goes on for 10 days, and is a "there's nothing else going on, let's go to the Fair for a couple of hours" type of thing at best, to me.

It's not a "nope, can't go the Dome that night, I'm going to the Fair!! Can't miss a minute of it!!" type of thing.

And that is the entirety of it. "We" get the program "we" deserve.

Agreed. Though if we were to somehow start 8-0 or something, you'd see all kinds of "Syracuse football fans" coming out of the woodwork and talking like they are diehards....and if the team loses, these will be the angriest "fans" out there, trashing the team and players and coaches.

See basketball. I try to avoid talking Cuse hoops with people now because there are so many bandwagoners out there and I don't want to end up punching them in the face for being stupid.

So you're telling me that 5 mths advanced notice just wasn't enough? Man, people complain about EVERYTHING around here. I will be there if it's played Monday on the moon. It's the opener.

For anyone local, the 21 hour difference in game time should be negligible. For anyone traveling in, you have 5 months to tell your boss you're taking a vacation day.

When you work in education and it's the third day of school, taking a personal day or a sick day wouldn't be a good idea.

Best I can do is bolt up there after school and hope to make it in time for the game.

cuseguy said:
When you work in education and it's the third day of school, taking a personal day or a sick day wouldn't be a good idea. Best I can do is bolt up there after school and hope to make it in time for the game.
game should be at 7 or 8 should be okay, I assume you work in a private school?

for most
When you work in education and it's the third day of school, taking a personal day or a sick day wouldn't be a good idea.

Best I can do is bolt up there after school and hope to make it in time for the game.
for most people though it wont be the 3rd day of school. school gets out at 3 for many so 4 hrs can get you half way into PA.. if you work til 5 your range is limited to the 2 hr radius that is where most fans come from.

the reality is friday games seem like an event. sat afternoon games during labor day weekend seem like they break up the end of year party..

IthacaBarrel said:
I love Friday night games. Glad they changed it. Well done.

Dollars to doughnuts if it had been scheduled for Friday night and they moved it to Saturday you would have said you loved Saturday games and were glad they change it.

Dollars to doughnuts if it had been scheduled for Friday night and they moved it to Saturday you would have said you loved Saturday games and were glad they change it.

No, I have always been an advocate of the Friday games and on Labor Day weekend, kaiser is spot on.

IHeartSUFball said:
game should be at 7 or 8 should be okay, I assume you work in a private school?

Public.

If game is at 7, I may be out of luck.

Ive got to be honest guys this actually makes it better for me I was not going to be able to make the game because it was Saturday, Friday I can do. I think really what it comes down to is they should schedule this up front if the opener is labor day weekend its always on Friday or its always on Saturday and never on thursday. personally I prefer Friday night then get on the road to enjoy the rest of the weekend. This year is a different circumstance not vacation. But either way it should always be the same if the game is at home so fans can plan.

Friday night for Labor Day weekend is not that bad. For folks wanting to go somewhere for the last weekend of summer...it frees up Saturday.

Parking and tailgating will be a PITA though.

i just was going to say the same thing. section iv has no games that weekend either.

I'm coming from motha freaking Alaskers for this game, all you sons a guns better come tailgate with me.