Villanova versus Virginia | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Villanova versus Virginia

I was at this game, UVA really controlled it for most of the game but Nova made 3 3's in like 90 seconds that really turned the game for them.

Ty jerome played well for UVA, but I would have put the ball in Perrantes hands more down the stretch.

Yeah, we didn't have fouls to give. Nova was in the bonus in the 2nd half, but "somehow" only committed 2 fouls the entire 2nd half.

FT difference for the game - Nova 24, UVa 3

"somehow" = Michael Stephens

Would be curious to know what UVa's record is over the past 5 seasons in one possession games with 2:00 or less remaining

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I suspect it's close to .500. In years past, we've had losses to VCU & Duke (Trippy's hop, skip, and jump shot). This year FSU and Villanova have won on last second, literally, shots. On the other hand, Virginia has 'last possession' wins against Wake, Pitt (2 of them), Cal, and Miami. This year at Clemson, UVa was up 73-70 at the 2:19 mark, and won 77-73. It should be noted that in one of the Pitt wins, and against Cal, it was a defensive stop that decided the outcome. It is probably worth noting that Virginia has had only one other double-digit loss (WVU) since the debacle at Tennessee in December of 2013, so most of its losses came close to last minute possessions.

I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I suspect it's close to .500. In years past, we've had losses to VCU & Duke (Trippy's hop, skip, and jump shot). This year FSU and Villanova have won on last second, literally, shots. On the other hand, Virginia has 'last possession' wins against Wake, Pitt (2 of them), Cal, and Miami. This year at Clemson, UVa was up 73-70 at the 2:19 mark, and won 77-73. It should be noted that in one of the Pitt wins, and against Cal, it was a defensive stop that decided the outcome. It is probably worth noting that Virginia has had only one other double-digit loss (WVU) since the debacle at Tennessee in December of 2013, so most of its losses came close to last minute possessions.

Actually, UVA lost to WVU by 9 this year so Pitt is the only double digit loss since that Tennessee drubbing at the end of 2013. The fact that the double digit loss to Pitt came in OT is pretty funny.

Actually, UVA lost to WVU by 9 this year so Pitt is the only double digit loss since that Tennessee drubbing at the end of 2013. The fact that the double digit loss to Pitt came in OT is pretty funny.
Oops! My mistake.

Would be curious to know what UVa's record is over the past 5 seasons in one possession games with 2:00 or less remaining

I don't trust UVa in close games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom