Ville wants out | Syracusefan.com

Ville wants out

Rick Pitino's reaction to the news...

1334463_o.gif

So, is Rutgers just being coy or has it given up on its romancing of the B1G? Seems that a number of Scarlet Knights fans are convinced that as long as Tim Pernetti doesn't show any active interest in the Commissioner's job that a landing in the B1G is still on the agenda.

So, is Rutgers just being coy or has it given up on its romancing of the B1G? Seems that a number of Scarlet Knights fans are convinced that as long as Tim Pernetti doesn't show any active interest in the Commissioner's job that a landing in the B1G is still on the agenda.
I looked at a poll over on the Butgers football board. 2/3 of the dreaming RU fan respondents list the B1G as the conference they'd most like to switch to.

if this pipe dream of ND to the ACC ever happens....no way in hell does the ACC leave jersey and Giants Stadium available while they take hartford...which is already in BCs footprint.

thats NO WAY IN HELL.

if this pipe dream of ND to the ACC ever happens....no way in hell does the ACC leave jersey and Giants Stadium available while they take hartford...which is already in BCs footprint.

thats NO WAY IN HELL.

Hartford is in Boston College's footprint?

Chestnut Hill is barely in Boston College's footprint.

It will be interesting what teams, of value, are out there for the ACC if ND becomes the 15th. Is there a team presently in a top 5 conference that may want to associate with the ACC? Some have indicated go after PSU; others say no way. But WVU really wanted ACC badly but academic standing cut them off. Perhaps Vandy from the SEC...top academic school with good football but not great to compete in the SEC but academically one of best in USA.
Otherwise, it would come down to either Uconn or Rutgirls or both if ND doesnt come. Let's be careful what we wish for; what we denegrate because there just isnt a lot out there to go after...but there are teams in the ACC that others covet!

thats NO WAY IN HELL.
It is an interesting question.

We know when the ACC chose to expand, their first 2 choices were Syracuse and Connecticut. Someone decided not only was UConn preferred over Rutgers, it was preferred over Pittsburgh as well.

So there are fans of UConn somewhere among the power brokers in the ACC. If someday ND decided to come on board and join the ACC, and a 16th team was needed, my guess is that the ACC might leave the decision to BC and Syracuse. Which would you prefer?

BC would surely vote for Rutgers. SU, I think, would probably vote for UConn. NJ and NYC are a lot more important to us for football than Connecticut is. Given how basketball centric the rest of the conference is, and the results of the last expansion vote, I would guess that rightly or wrongly, UConn would get the nod.

We know when the ACC chose to expand, their first 2 choices were Syracuse and Connecticut. Someone decided not only was UConn preferred over Rutgers, it was preferred over Pittsburgh as well.

Am I the only one that doesn't remember this? Did I block it out? (which wouldn't surprise me).

Am I the only one that doesn't remember this? Did I block it out? (which wouldn't surprise me).
this is news to me as well

how exactly o we know this? from Fishy?

...and now comes word that Boise State may want out.

They are getting squirrelly over there on the Cardinals forums. Can't say I blame them. Thank God we got out when we did.
http://mbd.At their request, this n...from this site./mb.aspx?s=17&f=2759&t=8983378

thats NO WAY IN HELL.

Miami to the ACC
Syracuse to the ACC (2003 Edition)
VT to the ACC
BC to the ACC
Nebraska to the Big 10
Pitt to the ACC
Syracuse to the ACC
WVU to the Big 12

Just how much more evidence is needed that the sheer number of TV sets in the NY Metro ares has way, way less weight than some people believe or wish. The NYC market for specific college teams is a myth ... a chimera.

I just read the article - thanks TC - and the one thing that stuck out to me is the article is pretty clear the ACC wanted the Northeast and yet there was NO mention of adding Rutgers, none whatsoever.

And now I can understand why Uconn is trying to kiss BC's @ss.

I'd have no problem adding Uconn, and originally probably would've nabbed Syracuse, Uconn, Pittsburgh and WVU and called it a day.

There were about 250 threads on this. Conservatively.
that article kind of contradicts itself. b12 looked at pitt, so the acc moved into action. but they moved to Syracuse & storz??

wasnt that article debunked later on too?

So there are fans of UConn somewhere among the power brokers in the ACC. If someday ND decided to come on board and join the ACC, and a 16th team was needed, my guess is that the ACC might leave the decision to BC and Syracuse. Which would you prefer?

BC would surely vote for Rutgers. SU, I think, would probably vote for UConn. NJ and NYC are a lot more important to us for football than Connecticut is. Given how basketball centric the rest of the conference is, and the results of the last expansion vote, I would guess that rightly or wrongly, UConn would get the nod.

I am of the opinion that IF ND were to ever become #15 in the ACC they, and they alone, will decide #16 as a condition of their joining.

Just a matter of time before Boise pulls a TCU.

Kind of remember this now. I do recall discussions about BC "being the one that blocked UConn". But if that article is correct, then no one really cared about UConn. Sounds like the ACC said "how about UConn". And BC said "nah, look at Pitt instead". And the ACC said "ok, whatever".

That article reads to me as they wanted SU and didn't really care who came along. They needed 2 to renegotiate, and wanted 1 in particular.

I am of the opinion that IF ND were to ever become #15 in the ACC they, and they alone, will decide #16 as a condition of their joining.

I hope they choose Pitt or SU and call it a day.

I recall seeing a thread or an article that said it was ESPN who suggested UConn. The ACC asked ESPN how they could reopen their contract and negotiate for more money, and the ACC told them ("suggested") they should expand and add SU and UConn. Then BC got involved and vetoed UConn.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom