Virginia Gameday... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Gameday...

Nunes had some bad numbers today with only 6 saves. Our shooting was actually pretty good today.

Nunes had some bad numbers today with only 6 saves. Our shooting was actually pretty good today.

Offense hasn't really been a problem the last month or so save for the Albany disaster. It's been turnovers, faceoffs late and a defense that I'm not sure could stop a starting 6 of Ivorytower, Powell, phatorange, me, wgdsr, and our star player OrangeXtreme

Last edited:
With next weekends game vs ND completely meaningless, Savage and/or Fine should be taking every face off. They need real reps vs ACC opponents for the coaches to benchmark for next year.

With next weekends game vs ND completely meaningless, Savage and/or Fine should be taking every face off. They need real reps vs ACC opponents for the coaches to benchmark for next year.
If they haven't figured it out by now, it looks like the coaches have written off the other fogos.

Remember when we Redshirted Wisnauskas
The story I heard was that the coaches decided to redshirt him, then changed their minds in Jan or Feb and asked him to play and he said no and decided to move on to Maryland where they recognized his talent.

Offense hasn't really been a problem the last month or so save for the Albany disaster. It's been turnovers, faceoffs late and a defense that I'm not sure could stop a starting 6 of Ivorytower, Powell, phatorange, me, wgdsr, and our star player OrangeXtreme
You all rocking traditional strings?
1650760705771.jpeg

If they haven't figured it out by now, it looks like the coaches have written off the other fogos.

If for whatever reason we don't land someone in the portal though, one of them WILL have to play next year.

If for whatever reason we don't land someone in the portal though, one of them WILL have to play next year.
I completely agree. Like a lot of what I see and hear from Gait & Co., it doesn't make sense.

I didn’t even hear Petro yell today. And I sat right behind the team. That’s not normal. Did they write off the season?

Phaup has been one of the handfuls of bright spots this year for the Orange. I’m not sure benching a senior on senior day in his last collegiate game sends a great message, or is fair to the player. Also if Phaup doesn’t play, there’s a good chance Notre Dame drops 30 on the Orange.

Here I been wondering if Dordy was gonna hit 50 goals this season…. Don’t think that’s gonna happen.

Right now I think I go Hiltz, Birtwistle, Spallina and move Dordevic to mid.

Need to get some more poles. I think I’d try and flip that Chechen kid going to Lehigh.
Agree with Phat re next year's attack lineup. Dordevic back to midfield.

IMHO people need to give Cacamo a break. The kid has potential to be a great SU Dman. Have to let freshman with his natural talent play and learn from their errors, especially when the defense is already thin.

Thought Buttermore played a nice game. Getting past the injury finally?

Birtwhistle puts a smile on my face. Shame he was hurt most of year. His playing could have turned a couple of those tight losses into wins.

Win or lose, would love to see this team vs ND vent their season frustrations. Play agressive/phyiscal/ HHH! Irish need to go home knowing they were in a battle in SU's house.

Yes, Gary lose the suits. Look like a 21st century lax coach and not cover of GQ.

Just my 2 cents...

I would have preferred a different outcome but Virginia's passing was crisp and accurate with fewer turnovers and more ground balls. Our offense performed well with 15 goals but still too much ISO for my taste. I'm was impressed with Birtwistle and Kennedy. I wished Kennedy had one more year.

Phaup has been one of the handfuls of bright spots this year for the Orange. I’m not sure benching a senior on senior day in his last collegiate game sends a great message, or is fair to the player. Also if Phaup doesn’t play, there’s a good chance Notre Dame drops 30 on the Orange.
Forgot it was Senior Day. Forget it. Opportunity lost.

the offense was actually very accurate today with what 19 shots on goal and 15 goals something like that. Curry played like an all american and moved the ball well to teammates with 4 assist. What really made me mad is second week in row this happen but had to actually listen to complete first half of game cause softball game was on n don’t have espn news the one thing i don’t have. Happen for unc game to was something on before cuse game. Espn schedule ur games correctly or if game prior to one isn’t over yet if it isn’t a close game olease turn it off. had to watch softball a 16-9 game complete first half of orange game
1650804057222.png

But said this team needs more assisted goals n feel we had more then normal. Tuck even had few good looks that weren’t caught by other players one being cordes believe dropped one but happy he was looking to dish. Think tuck needs to use his double teams as way to move ball opposite side fast to open guy. Also feel we try to much to break a double team instead of passing it. Can’t say enough how losing curry next year is really gonna hurt so i backup the discussion move tuck to mid again next year n go with hiltz joey birt.

One last thing once again heard least two times in huddle petro say what he wanted to do and even march at once and the players on field not do remotely close to what was said. So wondering if players just arnt do what is being said for whatever reason may be. Clearly if they didn’t like their coaches or faith in them don’t think they play with so much heart as they had this year. Been long and painful year but let’s end it in good note and hopefully ruin notre dame season or least let’s not let them come into our home and blow us out of water before even boat is in.

I would have preferred a different outcome but Virginia's passing was crisp and accurate with fewer turnovers and more ground balls. Our offense performed well with 15 goals but still too much ISO for my taste. I'm was impressed with Birtwistle and Kennedy. I wished Kennedy had one more year.
Speaking of Kennedy, is the younger one not good at all?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom