Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact? | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia has a COVID case - out of ACCT - potential SU impact?

The question is how many teams are able to participate
I think Kansas and Virginia will play but I won’t be surprised if there’s a couple that have to pull the plug by next weekend.

People are panicking on twitter I don’t think it’s warranted, yet.

Im not reading through this thread but doesnt the only thing that matter is we test negative? We havent heard about any positive cuse tests? Might be a blessing in disguise that we had positive tests earlier in the year.
No. A close contact with someone tested positive may not show up for 2-14 days. Everyone on cuse testing negative tomorrow does not mean much. Everyone in isolation then testing negative 14 days from now is much more assuring, but requiring that means opting out anyways.

This is a nightmare.

The Ivy League may be secretly smiling I TOLD YOU SO...

No. A close contact with someone tested positive may not show up for 2-14 days. Everyone on cuse testing negative tomorrow does not mean much. Everyone in isolation then testing negative 14 days from now is much more assuring, but requiring that means opting out anyways.

This is a nightmare.

I highly doubt any Virginia player was in close contact by covid rules standards against Syracuse yesterday. I think we will be okay. And the Ivy can think whatever they want. they would be wrong. Teams played all year long.

The NCAA actually cares about student-athletes this isn’t about money.

giphy.gif
i like to think of the NCAA like a pep band.

This is a nightmare.

Well , if I was a player I wouldn’t be smiling, I wouldn’t have played a single game .

Outside of the players and coaches the Ivy League could not care less about this basketball season. Or any season, probably.

This is a nightmare.

I’m talking about NCAAT eligibility not medical science. All that matters is no positive tests from Cuse, right?

Here's my question: since Buddy already had COVID-19, does he always test positive for exposure to the virus now?

It depends on the person. I had Covid and tested positive for about 6 weeks. Had another test done and tested negative about 6 weeks after.

I believe there are 2 tests, the PCR test which I believe shows active COVID infection, and the antigen test, which shows previous, non transmissible infection

Check me science or smart people...

if you did the smart thing sent them all to indy and had them bubble for 10 days things would probably go much better.
Exactly. But the NCAA is beholden to what CBS wants and that multi billion dollar contract. CBS is gonna get a bad product this year if there’s lots of Covid issues. The idiot network and corporate suits aren’t being smart about this...

It depends on the person. I had Covid and tested positive for about 6 weeks. Had another test done and tested negative about 6 weeks after.
Does that mean you can catch it again? I thought the presence of antibodies in your blood is why you become 'immune' to catching it again. No?

Does that mean you can catch it again? I thought the presence of antibodies in your blood is why you become 'immune' to catching it again. No?

Yes. Antibodies only last for so long just like the vaccine only lasts for so long supposedly. Nick Saban got it twice.

Yes. Antibodies only last for so long just like the vaccine only lasts for so long supposedly. Nick Saban got it twice.

Saban's "first" time was a false positive.

Antibodies are different from the vaccine. If you had a mild infection the first time, you could get it again. And evidence is accumulating that the variants present a new threat...people who battled the original strain of the virus have gotten infected with one of the variants. There’s lots of unknowns. But the vaccines are highly effective and their protection is expected to last for a significant period of time. Yes, we all may need another booster shot later this year or next year to deal with variants.

Obviously every case is different but I had a long fight against Covid where it still is effecting my respiratory now in March, and I had it starting in mid November. I didn’t have to be in the hospital or anything but it was sort of bad. Anyways, no one in my household (4 of us) got it besides me (the one person who wasn’t even leaving the house for work or anything of course lol) and it’s not like they stayed Away from me much or anything. I stayed in my room and bed mostly but there still was points of contact with food and utensils, bathroom, etc. so as I said it’s not like every case is the same but I wouldn’t worry about our team until we actually get bad news, if it comes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom