Virginia Tech Postgame Thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Virginia Tech Postgame Thoughts

That georgia tech game is pissing me off more and more. Such a winnable game, we’d probably be right on the bubble if we didnt gag it away.

Win the next 2 and it’s on.
just run up the score on Louisville, the net is murdering this team

Our last two games against them with their dreadful record have come down to the very last shot. Have to take them seriously, especially on the road.
Yup

That georgia tech game is pissing me off more and more. Such a winnable game, we’d probably be right on the bubble if we didnt gag it away.

Win the next 2 and its on.

There were 3 of them - BC on the road, Florida State at home, and Georgia Tech. We were favored in all 3 of those games.

If he had won them all, we would be 22-7 right now, 13-5 in the conference, which would have us in third place in the ACC, and clearly in the dance.

We would also be in better shape in the NET rating if we hadn't been blown out by Wake.

The game boils down to Mintz & a pretty good TO by Red which changed our energy level big time.

Brown was abused & Cope almost jellied a defeat from a sure victory.

Mintz played well.

Brown only had 2 fouls, he played like he had 4 at the jump.
Maybe that's by design so he can be there at the end. He really doesn't get much help lately when a good opposing big gets the ball down low.

There were 3 of them - BC on the road, Florida State at home, and Georgia Tech. We were favored in all 3 of those games.

If he had won them all, we would be 22-7 right now, 13-5 in the conference, which would have us in third place in the ACC, and clearly in the dance.

We would also be in better shape in the NET rating if we hadn't been blown out by Wake.

At least florida st and bc actually played halfway decent in those games. Georgia tech just flat out sux and didnt even play well, inexcusable loss.

Not a doubt in my mind that if we finish 21-10 and are 5th or 6th in the ACC that we’d be on the legit bubble. Probably would need 1 win in ACC tourney to get us over the hump.
I think 21-10 keeps us in the discussion. I also think its to our benefit to not get the double bye as we need to add wins if possible. 1 win in tourney and I'm sweating selection Sunday. I gotta think 2 wins gets it done. Current projection I saw is 6 vs GTech/BC and then Wake. Can't ask for a better opportunity. Just gotta do it.

Not a doubt in my mind that if we finish 21-10 and are 5th or 6th in the ACC that we’d be on the legit bubble. Probably would need 1 win in ACC tourney to get us over the hump.
This is the way I see it as well. And even with that "over the hump" scenario in your 2nd sentence, I would still be nervous as hell on Selection Sunday.

As for the game, Judah seemed like he could do anything he wanted on the offensive end -- truly was unstoppable and completely carried us on his back (obviously). And it is a bit refreshing that Bell can have an off shooting night (after hitting 12 of his last 15 threes coming in), and we can still win by double digits.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom