Visiting this weekend | Syracusefan.com

Visiting this weekend

mikebal9

Walk On
Hey guys, I promise I come in peace. I'm heading north with 2 friends on Friday and I was hoping for some advice. First, we're looking for a good spot to get drinks. We're pretty simple (and pretty old) so college dive bars are fine. We'll get there around 9 on Friday, so we'll probably head out that night as well as postgame on Saturday.
Next, we've read that Skytop is probably our best option for tailgating. I read a thread here and think it's a great idea to clear the covid checks at the lot and not at the stadium. Really smart. Anyway, is this the best spot for us? If so, how early does it open?
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. We haven't been to Syracuse before, so we're looking forward to a great experience.
Thanks for your help, and see you in a few days!

Hey guys, I promise I come in peace. I'm heading north with 2 friends on Friday and I was hoping for some advice. First, we're looking for a good spot to get drinks. We're pretty simple (and pretty old) so college dive bars are fine. We'll get there around 9 on Friday, so we'll probably head out that night as well as postgame on Saturday.
Next, we've read that Skytop is probably our best option for tailgating. I read a thread here and think it's a great idea to clear the covid checks at the lot and not at the stadium. Really smart. Anyway, is this the best spot for us? If so, how early does it open?
Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. We haven't been to Syracuse before, so we're looking forward to a great experience.
I've been out of the area for a while, so I'll leave your questions to some of our more seasoned (and local posters). Just wanted to say enjoy the trip and hope you have a great time!

For some drinks on Friday night head to Armory Square in downtown Syracuse. Armory Square in Syracuse | Where to Eat, Shop & Play

As for postgame grab a pizza & beer at Varsity Pizza. It’s a short walk from the dome. Varsity Pizza – Since 1926

Yes, you HAVE to do Dinosaur (if you like BBQ)! It will likely be crazy busy, but worth it!

Last edited:
As someone above said, Dinosaur is a staple. But for a good pub, try Kitty Hoynes in Armory Square. Not a college dive bar, but a great place. I have no idea where kids go on campus anymore, those places card you, and if you’re over 80 you don’t get in.

Tipperary Hill, go to your hotel and take an Uber or Lyft, plenty of places within a few blocks walking distance for beers, about 10 minutes from downtown.

Hanover Square is downtown and has plenty of great places to eat and drink, it's also not far from Armory that was mentioned previously. The Fish Friar and The Evergreen are my two favorites

Another spot to check out is Salt City Market near the Marriott Downtown.

We park in the Harrison St. lot and tailgate so I can't help you with Skytop. Know that if you do park at Skytop you'll be taking a bus to the dome as it's not really within walking distance. The lot where we park used to have some open spaces that did not require a season pass, I'm not sure if that is still the case though. You might want to call the box office and ask, www.cuse.com for more info.

For sports fans coming to Cuse i honestly think if there's any good games on friday night you should go to Tullys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom