Vitale | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Vitale

Wait is that pic for real? It looks like someone photoshopped their heads onto teenage boys

I believe it is, I seem to remember them playing a one on one game in the late 80s for charity.

20774457-large.jpg

I love Vitale and his charisma when announcing. There was nothing like it in the heyday.

He's a good person and great ambassador for the sport who helped popularize broadcasters not talking about the game happening in front of them.

You nailed it. No doubt he is a good dude but to me he is a distraction when he's doing a game. Knows the game and I appreciate his enthusiasm for it but in his case less would be more.

Wait is that pic for real? It looks like someone photoshopped their heads onto teenage boys
It does look weird but I was there. Main Street Rochester. Got off work early to be there. They were a couple comedians.

For those reminiscing about Vitale getting on JB, JB got the last laugh. After they played 1 on 1, they sat down and playfully jabbed each other for a while. Vitale talking about how Syracuse plays nobody, JB spouting off a list of the cupcakes that Detroit played including a bunch of directional Michigans including something called SENW Michigan.

John Feinstein's book on Bobby Knight, A Season on the Brink, shaped many people's take on JB. Feinstein used JB as a foil to Knight, characterizing him as a poor challenger to Knight's genius. Feinstein later recanted.

Interesting that 1987 was the first year of the 3-point shot, the most radical change to college B-Ball ever. The four coaches who made the final four that year were Knight, Tarkanian, Pitino and Boeheim. That was no mistake.

Junior is a proven idiot.