Wagner | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wagner

I asked on an FCS board (Linky) and they say Wagner doesn't count.

What? SU is probably going to need this game to count to even have a chance at a bowl next year.

sounds to me like we are trying to work a trade. maybe get someone to take on wagner that probably wont need the win to count and we try to take their game.

Not to mention, and I can't stress this enough, I'm heading to Disney on 9/14 so I've been quietly screaming (inside voice) for no Clemson on that day. FCS is perrrrfect.

How inconsiderate of your family--demanding to go to Disneyland during FB season! Outrageous, I tell you, outrageous! The next thing you know, they'll ask you to stop giving them SU-themed apparel for Christmas and birthdays! You better put a stop to it now, my friend... ;)

Not to mention, and I can't stress this enough, I'm heading to Disney on 9/14 so I've been quietly screaming (inside voice) for no Clemson on that day. FCS is perrrrfect.
same here man, very good chance I'm gone that weekend too, which usually means the biggest game of the year will be played on that date ;) Yep lets hope its Wagner.

I asked on an FCS board (Linky) and they say Wagner doesn't count.

What? SU is probably going to need this game to count to even have a chance at a bowl next year.

If it is true we are playing Wagner and if it is true Wagner would not count towards bowl eligibility due to scholarship numbers, we would be better off playing Alabama.

Like last year when we took the Missouri game, it is better to play a team, home or away, where we have even the slightest chance of winning than playing a team where it will be treated as if it didn't happen.

Truly amazing we might be in this situation again.

Sent using my Commodore 64

The worst thing we could do is what we did last year. Schedule a BCS team on the road with no home game in return.

The second worse thing would be to schedule an excellent FCS team, filled with NYS players bitter they were not offered by Syracuse, all with an axe to grind. Where a win doesn't count for bowl eligibility.

Yes, I would much rather play Nova, another excellent team, than Wagner. This is what happens when you procrastinate...you get the worst choices imaginable each year.

Not good.

I'm not worried at all about the NYS players we didn't offer thing. If we can't beat NYS players we didn't offer by 4 TDs, then we have bigger problems than scheduling.

The part about Wagner maybe not counting toward bowl eligibility, that goes up there on worst scenarios.

If we scheduled this game thinking it would count, and our Athletic Department didn't know the actual rule which makes it not count, well that's the nuclear scenario. Because that means we really don't know what we're doing.

I said this in the ACC schedule thread if Wagner doesn't count towards bowl eligibility Frasier should tender his resignation and SU should eat the $400-500k they are paying Wagner most likely and FIND ANY team that would play us and count towards bowl eligibility. Freaking Baylor has an opening 9/14 and was suppose to play @SMU give them a call and do a home/home if not them just get any 1-AA that counts toward bowl eligibility.

Is it crazy to think one of us needs to call up there and offer this small bit of info on wagner.

Come on do we seriously think that Frazier is that stupid? I know that we have been horrible in scheduling but i just cant believe he would schedule a team that doesnt count towards the bowl.

At the very least, ask Dr Gross if any board members see him this weekend on the hill.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

If it is true we are playing Wagner and if it is true Wagner would not count towards bowl eligibility due to scholarship numbers, we would be better off playing Alabama.

Like last year when we took the Missouri game, it is better to play a team, home or away, where we have even the slightest chance of winning than playing a team where it will be treated as if it didn't happen.

Truly amazing we might be in this situation again.

Sent using my Commodore 64

Its not amazing at all, Frazier has no idea what he is doing, how many years in a row is this going to be a problem before someone at SU does something? What a clusterf@ck

Come on do we seriously think that Frazier is that stupid? I know that we have been horrible in scheduling but i just cant believe he would schedule a team that doesnt count towards the bowl.

Yes, yes we do.

If this is true, and Wagner doesn't count for a bowl, that is a disaster on Frazier's part. It's not even like we had a situation like we did last year when WVU jumped to another conference late and it screwed up everything...and even then, Mizzou was a much better solution than basically a nothing to win, everything to lose game.

If this is true, and Wagner doesn't count for a bowl, that is a disaster on Frazier's part. It's not even like we had a situation like we did last year when WVU jumped to another conference late and it screwed up everything...and even then, Mizzou was a much better solution than basically a nothing to win, everything to lose game.

Much much worse. At least with the WVU/Mizzou situation there was more uncertainty. We announced for the ACC, and there was a chance we'd have a 9 game ACC schedule in 2012. USC, Minny, NW were already on the schedule. Wasn't much you could do by the time that uncertainty was cleared.

This one, they had time to schedule an FCS who qualifies.

Maybe there's a loophole where it will count, but short of that, this would be a complete disaster.

Right. This year is different. We knew we were going to be in the ACC. There was no need to be behind on it. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.

Like I linked to in another thread, there is a lot of evidence that shows Frazier is at best lazy and at worst incompetent.

Between here and past jobs he has sucked at hiring coaches, managing athletic dept budgets, and scheduling. That's pretty much all you do as an athletic director (past jobs).

Look him up on youtube, google, or wikipedia. Not good things to hear.

I don't foresee him sticking around any longer than this year.

sounds to me like we are trying to work a trade. maybe get someone to take on wagner that probably wont need the win to count and we try to take their game.

This is the only plausible explanation. We are trying to do a trade with an FCS team where Wagner would count as a win for them and they release a game against an opponent that would count as a win for us.

Otherwise, some peeps need to be fired like yesterday.

This is the only plausible explanation. We are trying to do a trade with an FCS team where Wagner would count as a win for them and they release a game against an opponent that would count as a win for us.

Otherwise, some peeps need to be fired like yesterday.
why would they be looking for a trade??

seriously, you dont sign them unless they count.

nobody will want them.

this cant be.

or can it??......

are they really that fluckin stoopid??

:(:mad::confused: :eek::crazy::bang:

Might as well schedule Cortland State if we were looking for a game that wouldn't count.

Anyone think OCC's club team might still be available?

The same damn thing happened in 2010 with Doug Marrone when we played Maine and Colgate in one year and Colgate didn't count towards bowl eligibility. Last year's clusterf#ck by taking a money game @Mizzou and now this crap. Frasier and Dr. Gross have known since October the ACC was going to 8 games rather than 9 don't tell me every possible 1-AA was filled up then. This is a joke when somebody on this board could probably do the job for probably half the price.

The same damn thing happened in 2010 with Doug Marrone when we played Maine and Colgate in one year and Colgate didn't count towards bowl eligibility. Last year's clusterf#ck by taking a money game @Mizzou and now this crap. Frasier and Dr. Gross have known since October the ACC was going to 8 games rather than 9 don't tell me every possible 1-AA was filled up then. This is a joke when somebody on this board could probably do the job for probably half the price.

I could do it during my lunch breaks and they wouldn't have to pay me anything!

On second thought, if they pick up my lunch tab at Press Box in Oswego it's a deal.

why would they be looking for a trade??

seriously, you dont sign them unless they count.

nobody will want them.

this cant be.

or can it??......

are they really that fluckin stoopid??

:(:mad::confused: :eek::crazy::bang:

Again, reading tea leaves and assuming no one, and I mean no one, could be this stoopid. Teams in a scheduling jam work trades on occasion. To do the trade you have to have a commitment from a team you are trying to trade off. Perhaps the program we are trying to trade with for an FCS team that would count said get me somebody else to fill the gap and I'll consider doing a trade. Wagner is our give.

Please Lord let me be right.

Right. This year is different. We knew we were going to be in the ACC. There was no need to be behind on it. Will be interesting to see how this shakes out.
Actually, there was a reason to fall behind. The ACC originally announced that it would use a 9-game conference schedule. At a later date the conference announced that they'd drop back to an 8-game schedule. All 14 schools were forced to find another game.

Georgia Tech ended up with 2 FCS schools on their schedule, which is nearly as bad as Syracuse's situation. Assuming wins in these games, they're each essentially down to an 11-game schedule in which Georgia Tech has 1 game against an FCS team. One could argue that Tulane isn't much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom