Wagner | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wagner

Purdue 2004 had no return game, right?

At least we beat Mizzou. Purdue treated us like their 1-AA opener in every way, shape, form.
We did a 3 way swap in 04 Cincy was suppose to play at Purdue but we got Cincy at the Dome and took their place at Purdue so we got a free home game from Cincy in exchange.

Purdue 2004 had no return game, right?

At least we beat Mizzou. Purdue treated us like their 1-AA opener in every way, shape, form.
Not fair.

Syracuse needed two games.
Syracuse was able to convince (incoming BE member) Cincinnati and Purdue to convert Cincy@Purdue into Cincy@SU & SU@Purdue. Purdue didn't owe SU anything.

This was a case where SU's scheduling guru (Rob) did a good job. We could use him these days.

I find it hard to believe we'd schedule Wagner if a win against them does not count towards bowl eligibility.
Why bother?
Disappointed and pissed would be my reaction. A mid season scrimmage. Doesn't make any sense.
Someone would have some explaining to do.

Not fair.

Syracuse was able to convince (incoming BE member) Cincinnati and Purdue to convert Cincy@Purdue into Cincy@SU & SU@Purdue. Purdue didn't owe SU anything.

This was a case where SU's scheduling guru (Rob) did a good job. We could use him these days.

Well I wasn't trying to be mean. I was more referring to what Purdue did to us on the field.

So I guess it wasn't a true road game for nothing, and maybe we made the best out of it. But playing Purdue on the road for a "return" game with Cincy isn't exactly a win.

Maybe the Mizzou game last year was the best we could do. We won, got that exposure, and got a nice payday.

I don't compare the Mizzou and Wagner situations. They're completely different. And if SU knows that Wagner will be a bowl eligible game, then all of this (my own negative commentary included) is a waste of time. Any FCS on 9/14 that is eligible for a bowl is a scheduling win. ACC plus PSU plus NW, we don't need anything else.

Well aren't I the King of the Malaprop, today.

You guys are treating me like a Prawn in the game of Chess.

You guys should really be nicer to me as I'm always coming out with these self-defecating comments.

think you meant pawn...prawns are shrimp...;)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

I used to go watch Hamilton play Wagner when my brother was a student there. Now SU will be playing Wagner? What's the world coming to? :crazy:

Not fair.

I agree. Rob Edson was excellent at managing the SU football schedule. We went from one of the best to one of the worst overnight when we lost him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom