Wait for it...be Patient...Notre Dame to ACC Announcement Soon | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Wait for it...be Patient...Notre Dame to ACC Announcement Soon

Doc Bombay, I am surprised that you of all people got banned over at the WVU Scout site. You posted there for a long time IIRC and I never read a single post of yours that wasn't respectful and well-reasoned. That's pretty low even for the clowns who have taken over the "Big 12 Conference" sub-forum. I gave up even reading their made up crap 4-5 months ago (at least) but I figured you were still representing.

Why does any of this matter? If you don't like Arb's posts or think they are fraudulent; just ignore them. I like reading them & and am entertained by them and the discussions they start up. I don't care if he is the modern version or Woodward & Berstein or not. It's entertaining.

Why does any of this matter? If you don't like Arb's posts or think they are fraudulent; just ignore them. I like reading them & and am entertained by them and the discussions they start up. I don't care if he is the modern version or Woodward & Berstein or not. It's entertaining.

It doesn't matter. The issue was the less than civil manner many people responded to myself and others for stating factual easily verifiable information. I do not care if you think I am a lunatic but disagree rather than insult. I went out of my way in the opening post to say I meant no offense and tried asking a question to get further insight and was promplty insulted. From there it has been a pissing match for 80 posts with those who disagree with Arb being deleted to slant it in his favor.

It doesn't matter. The issue was the less than civil manner many people responded to myself and others for stating factual easily verifiable information. I do not care if you think I am a lunatic but disagree rather than insult. I went out of my way in the opening post to say I meant no offense and tried asking a question to get further insight and was promplty insulted. From there it has been a pissing match for 80 posts with those who disagree with Arb being deleted to slant it in his favor.
Arb adds things to the board.

I am late to the party here, but people need to stop cannibalizing each other. Its not fair unless the poster is taking personal cheap shots which I rarely see. I read Arb's post and think the information is solid and contributes a lot to the discourse on the board. I always like and post in his threads just to move the conservation and I believe his information is legitimate, but I think its like a big circle and if you don't stay within those bounds you get called out. I think Arb is a benefit to the board and I live by the belief beggars can't be choosers. We get the information and can do with it what we please, but XC posts are legitimate and he doesn't deserve the vitriol casted his way. He expressed an opinion I disagree with but he has a right to say it. He isn't taking personal shots at all. Arb is a big boy and won't stop posting because 1 person disagrees.

If you no like then no read. I like so I read. Thanks ARB... If you don't like ARB's post or you think they are worthless then do not click on the threads he creates. Pretty simple. A lot of us here value his insight and opinion.

It's shooting the messenger, and not even for the message but for how it was obtained.

Seriously, who the heck cares, it's solid info sparking good discussion.

I am late to the party here, but people need to stop cannibalizing each other. Its not fair unless the poster is taking personal cheap shots which I rarely see. I read Arb's post and think the information is solid and contributes a lot to the discourse on the board. I always like and post in his threads just to move the conservation and I believe his information is legitimate, but I think its like a big circle and if you don't stay within those bounds you get called out. I think Arb is a benefit to the board and I live by the belief beggars can't be choosers. We get the information and can do with it what we please, but XC posts are legitimate and he doesn't deserve the vitriol casted his way. He expressed an opinion I disagree with but he has a right to say it. He isn't taking personal shots at all. Arb is a big boy and won't stop posting because 1 person disagrees.
Alsacs, arb has already said that he considered not posting any more info. I understand this. I was down this road with the Hopkins coach in waiting news. Why bother?

Alsacs, arb has already said that he considered not posting any more info. I understand this. I was down this road with the Hopkins coach in waiting news. Why bother?
Arb, isn't going to stop posting information because 1 poster is skeptical without taking any shots at him. I understand your situation where you got hammered affecting you posting information, but Arb isn't getting attacked. 1 poster is saying the information doesn't seem like its inside information, I disagree with the assertion, but its not like the poster is taking personal shots at Arb. The two of them should have a PM exchange and hash it out. Arb knows his information is appreciated by a clear majority of this board, but cannibalization on this board has caused several posters I like to stop posting because their legitimate opinions are frowned upon.

Doc Bombay, I am surprised that you of all people got banned over at the WVU site. You posted there for a long time IIRC and I never read a single post of yours that wasn't respectful and well-reasoned. That's pretty low even for the clowns who have taken over the "Big 12 Conference" sub-forum. I gave up even reading their made up crap 4-5 months ago (at least) but I figured you were still representing.
Yeah- I wasn't really surprised.
There were a few posters who decided that any info not fitting a certain narrative (death & destruction to the ACC) was to be mocked.
I was called an "ACC apologist", a troll, and my favorite, a "bigot" for... "defending a conference that has always discriminated and looked down on West Virginia". Seriously.
I quickly realized there was no rational discussion to be had, and it went downhill from there. My last post basically stated that no ACC teams would leave for the Big 12 unless the SEC/B1G raided first, & that the Big 12 was a last resort. This was after yet another- "Its a done deal- this Tues. 4 pm" post from the Dude. Go figure. :cool:

I never called anyone a lunatic, all I am saying is relax. Don't take this stuff so seriously. For me it's entertainment & a distraction from real world problems.

It's shooting the messenger, and not even for the message but for how it was obtained.

Seriously, who the heck cares, it's solid info sparking good discussion.

Seriously.

Yeah- I wasn't really surprised.
There were a few posters who decided that any info not fitting a certain narrative (death & destruction to the ACC) was to be mocked.
I was called an "ACC apologist", a troll, and my favorite, a "bigot" for... "defending a conference that has always discriminated and looked down on West Virginia". Seriously.
I quickly realized there was no rational discussion to be had, and it went downhill from there. My last post basically stated that no ACC teams would leave for the Big 12 unless the SEC/B1G raided first, & that the Big 12 was a last resort. This was after yet another- "Its a done deal- this Tues. 4 pm" post from the Dude. Go figure. :cool:
Shaking my head yes...I basically stopped reading their threads as it was a big Anti-ACC circle jerk with no debate allowed with differing opinions.

...should be as early as today or within the week...this will set off several important items that are key for the ACC Conference:
1. ESPN upping $$$ to ACC for Notre Dame association
2. Will Notre Dame add an additional game to its already agreed to 5 games against ACC each year
for five years to make up for the games not competed this year
3. What will be the outcome of the ACC Network

This should be viewed as good news and should begin breaking on all points above within near future. The end result of the Catholic 7 $$$ from Fox will have a positive impact on the ACC-ESPN renegotiated contract from a dollar standpoint as well as other items we have discussed on the pay side...enjoy our BBall win last night and beat Georgetown on Saturday!

Pete Thamel at Sports Illustrated is reporting that the Notre Dame to the ACC in 2013 will be announced tomorrow morning. He's saying that there will be a Big East Conference Call to vote to allow Notre Dame to leave tomorrow morning, and then the announcement will be made. For anyone still interested. I think that by now this has been widely speculated to be in the works.

Here's his link: http://college-basketball.si.com/2013/03/11/notre-dame-set-to-jump-to-acc-next-year/

Pete Thamel at Sports Illustrated is reporting that the Notre Dame to the ACC in 2013 will be announced tomorrow morning. He's saying that there will be a Big East Conference Call to vote to allow Notre Dame to leave tomorrow morning, and then the announcement will be made. For anyone still interested. I think that by now this has been widely speculated to be in the works.

Here's his link: http://college-basketball.si.com/2013/03/11/notre-dame-set-to-jump-to-acc-next-year/

You're just "reporting" something that someone else wrote about! You are not special! Freak out! Throw an orange! Lock you and Arb in the dome!

;).

Interesting that the article says "Because Notre Dame left the Big East under a Mutual Commitment Agreement -– the same method as the Catholic Seven -– it was not subject to the traditional exit fee it would have faced if it stayed in the league for 27 months."

March 8 ESPN article says they will pay $2.5M and this "Unlike other league members, Notre Dame has a unique exit agreement with the Big East that if it provides 27 months'notice, the school does not have to pay an exit fee."

Ok...so are we still discussing whether the news Arbit posted is breaking news or we back to the original topic? I just want to know before I post something, as this thread has taken more turns and dead ends than a maze.

Aaaaaaand it's official...

@McMurphyESPN: Notre Dame, Big East reach agreement; allowing Irish to leave early for $2.5M & join ACC on July 1

Aaaaaaand it's official...

@McMurphyESPN: Notre Dame, Big East reach agreement; allowing Irish to leave early for $2.5M & join ACC on July 1

(sarcasm on) So, is it breaking news or just news? Need to make sure you specify, don't want this thread getting off track again!! (sarcasm off)

Thank you for the post...I am sure the B1G is not going to have a good day.

WV.jpg

And as Arb posted The ACC has been ready for ND.. from the Tribune today...

"So the ACC has been ready for Notre Dame to arrive after believing it would have to wait another year as recently as January, creating schedule templates that included the Irish's teams, should a split occur in timely fashion."

Now can we get that 6th FB conference game out of ND?

Chalk another one up for Arbit!

Go grab and jack n coke...just put it on my tab broski!