Wake is winnable | Syracusefan.com

Wake is winnable

upperdeck

Living Legend
They cant stop anyone either. They have a much simpler offense, and a less Dynamic QB.

Make them drive the field like Uconn

wake was shut down by Tulane , played OK vs duke. outgained by 300 by Indiana, and almost 200 vs NC st.

figure out how to keep the safeties above the ball and we will be ok

I expect at least a 10 point win Saturday.

This is the kind of game where DinoBall takes over.

Spend a good part of the week fixing the kicking issues. Can't give away points. We gave away 7 in a 17 point loss.

Spend a good part of the week fixing the kicking issues. Can't give away points. We gave away 7 in a 17 point loss.

An extra point returned for two, another missed PAT, a missed FG and a kickoff return for a TD. My math is a bit different than yours... ;):(

An extra point returned for two, another missed PAT, a missed FG and a kickoff return for a TD. My math is a bit different than yours... ;):(

I wasn't counting the return. That I can chalk up to talent mismatches. But just the basic kicking, 2 missed XP = 2, return XP = 2, one FG well within his range = 3. 48-38 game. Of course they missed a FG too.

Technically 13 :)

I'm expecting a good win at Wake. We're going to show marked improvement as the season goes on. My major concern for Wake is the hurricane that's currently looking like it will be affecting North Carolina on Saturday. The game could be postponed depending on the track but the storm could also create havoc for our passing game and put a lot of pressure on our running game. I'm hoping the storm will move to the east, but tracking along the coast could make for gusty winds at Wake on Saturday evening.

145553.gif

We will beat WF. 2-3 right now is what was expected. We will best WF, BC and NCSt. 5 wins. A bowl will come down to having to beat VT or Pitt.
Doesn't look good for the last two

Millhouse said:
Doesn't look good for the last two

May not, but that's what we'll need. One of them. Too bad both are on the road.

I think that's reasonable, but man we need that bowl game and those practices.
Eh. Teams miss bowls and get better. Not a big deal now that the practices are faster and more efficient

Wake is much better than UCONN .
I am not so sure that us correct. I know the rankings says that, but they do mean much until later in the season. Very hard to know what teams will do about defense.

Two weeks ago I would agree with you. I still think we should beat Wake (can't believe the title of this thread BTW). However the O stalled against both UConn and ND. That has been a pattern every game, despite opponent. We have shown that we cannot outscore teams. Which now has me worried going forward. We can't keep struggling to get 30 points. Especially after having 14 the first 2 drives every game. I used to think "keep them under 40" and we will win. I now think we need to keep them under 30, which is only realistic against Wake and BC.

I am not so sure that us correct. I know the rankings says that, but they do mean much until later in the season. Very hard to know what teams will do about defense.
Wake has played 3 times on the road and won 2 , against P5 teams . Those are good wins .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom