Wake Post game | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wake Post game

What i found very interesting was JBs comments about today's players basically only caring about stuffing their stats.

Jim Calhoun complained about that in his biography that came out after their 1999 championship. He commented that every kid on the team thought they had NBA talent and wanted the minutes.

This is a very longstanding complaint.

I know Edelin's mental health issues get a lot of attention and rightfully so, but something always seemed a little bit off to me about Jeremy McNeil. I know losing his mom was hard on him. His body language and facial expressions always seemed to signify some level of depression to me. And I say this as someone who was a big fan of his. We don't win a natty without him.

I know Edelin's mental health issues get a lot of attention and rightfully so, but something always seemed a little bit off to me about Jeremy McNeil. I know losing his mom was hard on him. His body language and facial expressions always seemed to signify some level of depression to me. And I say this as someone who was a big fan of his. We don't win a natty without him.
Knowing nothing else about him, grief can certainly do that. It was raw. He’s 22 years old and his mother is gone. I remember seeing him right after we won the championship game and he was sad and far away. And I read that his mom said, “Win the championship for me.”

I’m sure this has been mentioned before but I really liked the moment when JB said some nice things about Billy Edelin. I assume they weren’t on the best terms for awhile which made it all the more special.
From what I know of it, Billy’s struggles had nothing to do with basketball. If he was a player today, it’s more likely he’d get the help needed. Glad he is doing well.

McNeal is one of my favorite players of all time. That championship doesn’t happen without everyone on that team executing their role. McNeal did his perfectly.

From what I know of it, Billy’s struggles had nothing to do with basketball. If he was a player today, it’s more likely he’d get the help needed. Glad he is doing well.

Billy worked at the County Clerk's office for years and years. I would see him there nearly every time I went over to file documents or look stuff up.

I think this is an important message for us from Jesse Edwards family to keep in mind regarding what recruits and their families look for when deciding where they want to spend their college years.

His parents, Simone and David, said they felt good about sending Jesse to Syracuse partly because of the passionate fan base here. They wanted him to play where fans cared about the game, where they cheered for their team.

I stopped reading when I got to this part, "McNeil spent two hours on the phone with The Daily Orange staff, including the editor in chief, pleading for this story to not run in the paper. Keeping his life private is surely a priority. He hates the spotlight."

If he was grieving the loss of his mother, why not respect his wishes.

I stopped reading when I got to this part, "McNeil spent two hours on the phone with The Daily Orange staff, including the editor in chief, pleading for this story to not run in the paper. Keeping his life private is surely a priority. He hates the spotlight."

I know, that was really cringeworthy. An educational moment for the cub reporter, perhaps. I dealt with something kind of similar doing one of those senior profiles for the student paper my last year (minus the strenuous objection from the subject, thankfully), it's kind of threading a needle sometimes.

Typical media scumbags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom