Wake | Syracusefan.com

Wake

adk(roc)CUSE

All Conference
For some reason this games scares me. Can we give the same effort in this game that we have in the last two against much better opponents? I can't help but think there will be a let down in front of a lifeless crowd against a team we should beat. It kinda is our nature to play down to our opponent. Even though we lost these last two there were flashes of good, exciting basketball. I expect Saturdays game to be a 54-51 type of rock fight. A rock fight that can go either way.

I've felt confident we are tournament bound all along, just check the bracket matrix, jncuse's posts and the other bubble teams. But that could change drastically if we don't come to play on Saturday. I don't look forward to this game at all. There is little upside to winning and a whole heck of a lot of down side to losing.

I feel better about the Virginia game for some reason than Saturday at Wake, perhaps because I've seen us come up flat in this situation too often before. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, because I feel this game is the last hurdle to us making the big dance. We win we are in no matter how the season plays out, with a chance to move up a spot or two with the Virginia game and the ACC tournament. We lose and the bottom could fall out.

I'm hoping it is more like the Louisville game. We come out strong after resting for a few days after a tough loss.

it would be a Wake if we lose

You think? I doubt this place would be anything but somber, all on its best/proper behavior, etc. if we were to lose. Unless, of course, you are talking about the force of a wake behind an offshore Fountain, or something of the like. ;):)

The coaches and players know we have to win this game. I expect our guys to take care of business against Wake and Clemson. I think the Virginia game will be closer than people think too. Ultimately I think we beat Wake and Clemson and win 2 games in the ACC tourney and get a 7 seed.

Just a hunch based on how we’ve played the last week, week and half.

The coaches and players know we have to win this game. I expect our guys to take care of business against Wake and Clemson. I think the Virginia game will be closer than people think too. Ultimately I think we beat Wake and Clemson and win 2 games in the ACC tourney and get a 7 seed.

Hope you're right. I tend to be more nervous in these situations than I need to be, but you know...Syracuse :)

Optimism! I like it. Better than all the negative posts on this site.

Im desensitized to the point where no game scares me anymore. What’s the worst that could happen? We lose and miss the dance? Whoop-de-damn-do.

I remember flipping out in 2005 because we lost to UConn and Pitt at home and “only” went 11-5 in the league and didn’t win it.

We lose a lot of games now, home and away, to good teams, mediocre ones, and occasionally bad ones.

The stakes just never feel high anymore. I think we’ll beat Wake, but if we don’t...oh well.

I'm hoping it is more like the Louisville game. We come out strong after resting for a few days after a tough loss.
We had a week off before Lville. Well-rested and the zone was the most active it's been all year. Only 3 days off before Wake. This game is a must win. No BS, come and play with purpose. Wake will be motivated playing for Manning's job.

For some reason this games scares me. Can we give the same effort in this game that we have in the last two against much better opponents? I can't help but think there will be a let down in front of a lifeless crowd against a team we should beat. It kinda is our nature to play down to our opponent. Even though we lost these last two there were flashes of good, exciting basketball. I expect Saturdays game to be a 54-51 type of rock fight. A rock fight that can go either way.

I've felt confident we are tournament bound all along, just check the bracket matrix, jncuse's posts and the other bubble teams. But that could change drastically if we don't come to play on Saturday. I don't look forward to this game at all. There is little upside to winning and a whole heck of a lot of down side to losing.

I feel better about the Virginia game for some reason than Saturday at Wake, perhaps because I've seen us come up flat in this situation too often before. Perhaps I'm just being paranoid, because I feel this game is the last hurdle to us making the big dance. We win we are in no matter how the season plays out, with a chance to move up a spot or two with the Virginia game and the ACC tournament. We lose and the bottom could fall out.
i posted a very similar thing - wouldn't shock me to lose Saturday and beat Va.

Which SU team will show up on Saturday? The gang that can't straight vs Duke or the team that shot the lights out last night? The team should know how important this game is. Lose and the bubble is there since a loss to a poor WF team will not sit well with the selection committee. Yes, I know how weak the field is this year. I don't expect us to beat UVA because we always have trouble beating top-notch defensive teams. We may keep it close but unless we get an atypical offensive game from our players, it will be another close loss.

I fear what might happen to you on Saturday if both Lax and Hoops lose at the same time.

Beer and a lot of it. Other half and Foreign Objects will be downed quickly. Maybe the OT board if I need a laugh.

I'll be mad as hell if we lose to Wake. Regardless of it being a road game, that's a team we need to beat and no excuse not to play well.

I fear what might happen to you on Saturday if both Lax and Hoops lose at the same time.

1ENz.gif

Every game scares me. This team excels at putting forth minimal effort at the most inopportune times.

Does Wake have a guard capable of playing mediocre defense? If they do, we're screwed.

Wake has been killed in almost every acc game this year. They lost to Gardner Webb to st Joe's by 20 and some team called hbu. If we lose sat its time to forfeit the season.

wolfpack (8-7) plays FSU (10-5) same day.

Last edited:
SU players have a very high opinion of themselves. Their attitudes are living off past teams success. They will show no respect for Wake and will come out flat and go through the motions. If SU wins it will be a close game.

A loss would be a real nuts kick.

I want to think we're playing more consistently, but when I do that, we come out and sleepwalk through a pasting.

My new MO is I turn those games off after half if the writing is on the wall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom