Wakey Leaks... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Wakey Leaks...

Petrino and Pitino are now known as the "NO" Brothers when it comes to following the rules.Jurach knew exactly what he is getting by allowing these two to stay employed there and the fans demand this actions.

There is no way Petrino didn't know about this even if it was first worked out by assistant coaches. Decisions on game day planning runs through him...
Even so, the greatest HC of the past two decades in the NFL admittedly did far worse and yet he's lauded as a genius.

I'm serious, I think Patrina is the worst of the worst but I can't see this as a him problem unless they actively sought out and compensated the leaker.

Petrino's done what exactly in this case? Coordinator's and position coaches would be much better off with this info. Even if it did make its way to Petrino, which nobody knows if it did, is it his responsibility to turn in the WF staffer?

I dislike Bobby Petrino more than anyone, but this is in my opinion not a fireable offense. I can't say I'd expect any coach who comes across this information to just give it up. Morally, sure it would be great to do that. And I myself would. Doesn't mean everybody can be expected to do that.

Unless Petrino and/or Louisville out right paid for this information then I really don't see where they did anything wrong. A disgruntled staff member passed along information, shame on wake forest for allowing him access.
Louisville coaches left the materials they illegal got from this guy in the booth.
Louisville got the play sheet and knew WF's first 15 scripted plays. Petrino is a gutless cheater for taking this material. It doesn't matter if they paid for it or not they knowingly accepted proprietary material belonging to Wake that didn't belong to them. This story is only starting.

Stealing signs is fine. Videotaping and breaking down signs is fine. Outright accepting the materials of the other team is flat out pathetic.

Louisville coaches left the materials they illegal got from this guy in the booth.
Louisville got the play sheet and knew WF's first 15 scripted plays. Petrino is a gutless cheater for taking this material. It doesn't matter if they paid for it or not they knowingly accepted proprietary material belonging to Wake that didn't belong to them. This story is only starting.

Stealing signs is fine. Videotaping and breaking down signs is fine. Outright accepting the materials of the other team is flat out pathetic.
Gutless and pathetic, sure, and it doesn't change the fact that it doesn't break rules. Shame on WF.

Videotaping a team's walk through and signals is not fine, that's why they were punished.

Reactions: CIL
Gutless and pathetic, sure, and it doesn't change the fact that it doesn't break rules. Shame on WF.

Videotaping a team's walk through and signals is not fine, that's why they were punished.
Nobody videotaped a walk through that wasn't true and the reporter who said that lost his beat and the paper issued a page 1 apology for it.

That du isn't okay. What the Pats did was tape coaches on the sidelines and then watched what the signals were. It was a nonissue until the NFL said stop doing it and Belichick was arrogant.

John Madden talked about it during a game.

Nobody videotaped a walk through that wasn't true and the reporter who said that lost his beat and the paper issued a page 1 apology for it.

That du isn't okay. What the Pats did was tape coaches on the sidelines and then watched what the signals were. It was a nonissue until the NFL said stop doing it and Belichick was arrogant.

John Madden talked about it during a game.
Fair enough, they still taped signals from unapproved locations and were punished as a result of breaking the rules, misinterpreted or not.

Reactions: CIL
And I'm not arguing for Petrino, I'm arguing for rules... If they were broken, again, nobody would argue more vehemenently for punishment than me. I think he's the worst of the worst. i'm just not sure, yet, that they broke any rules.

Agree. Neither NCAA nor ACC will do anything to 'Ville. They're not Syracuse. :confused:
I will say the NCAA is going to hammer Louisville for the prostitution sting. Louisville already banned themselves from last years; NCAAT and reduced basketball scholarships by 2 this year on their own.

I doubt they would get involved in this but the ACC could suspend Petrino if they can prove he took the plays that were given to coaches during that. The WAKE student videotaping the game from the booth after it was over went into the Louisville coaches boxes and found their playbook in their. If the UL coaches weren't morons and left this stuff there then nothing would have been found. I think unless Petrino buries one of his own coaches and says they went rogue then he could be in trouble.

I will say the NCAA is going to hammer Louisville for the prostitution sting. Louisville already banned themselves from last years; NCAAT and reduced basketball scholarships by 2 this year on their own.

I doubt they would get involved in this but the ACC could suspend Petrino if they can prove he took the plays that were given to coaches during that. The WAKE student videotaping the game from the booth after it was over went into the Louisville coaches boxes and found their playbook in their. If the UL coaches weren't morons and left this stuff there then nothing would have been found. I think unless Petrino buries one of his own coaches and says they went rogue then he could be in trouble.
I read on another site that this goes back a few years and that Wake has phone records, emails, etc. from this announcer.

It could be Louisville in 2014, 2015 and 2016.

I suspect that Wake shared their findings with Swofford. If so, it'll eventually leak...

Additionally, someone (I won't call him/her a journalist) will go through the lists of ACC coaches from the past 3 seasons and identify any other connections to the Wake traitor.

And I'm not arguing for Petrino, I'm arguing for rules... If they were broken, again, nobody would argue more vehemenently for punishment than me. I think he's the worst of the worst. i'm just not sure, yet, that they broke any rules.
The guy has proven he has zero morals so how can one wonder if he would follow the rules at all.There must be some code of ethics when one coaches at this level....am I wrong on this

The guy has proven he has zero morals so how can one wonder if he would follow the rules at all.There must be some code of ethics when one coaches at this level...am I wrong on this
Ethically, without a doubt lowest of the low move. At least where I've been involved.

I'm guessing there's been FOIA requests for all public school employees contacts with the , it'll be interesting if the ACC starts naming names or if they try to sweep this under the rug if it's pervasive.

Come on this is awesome it's the ultimate F-U to a bad guy. I think we can all agree that Clawson is a . I only wish that it had not been discovered until after Clawson was canned that would have been perfect. There is a reason no other coach said anything and it has to deal with Clawson's personality.

Agree. Neither NCAA nor ACC will do anything to 'Ville. They're not Syracuse. :confused:
TBF, I'm not 100% sure the NCAA is allowed to punish someone for in-game infractions as this bizarre affair seems to be. The ACC has no reason look the other way if they find wrongdoing in all this, especially since it goes to the heart of fair competition on the field. They could very easily force any coach that violated rules to be suspended for X number of ACC games. I'm not a Pollyanna and I'm not H. L. Mencken cynical.

Last edited:
Simply *wow*. "Yeah, our guy accepted the info and distributed it among the staff. Since the plays weren't run anyway it's really no big deal."

They were caught willingly accepting and using the info and they brush it off.

Tom Jurich's Wakeyleaks statement brings more questions than answers - FootballScoop

“I have no knowledge of the situation,’” Petrino told the Winston-Salem Journal in November. “We take a lot of pride in the way we operate our program. As I’ve stated already this season, my coaching philosophy has always been to play the game with sportsmanship.”

Here he was on Mike and Mike denying it as well.

“I can tell you that we didn’t,” Petrino said on Mike and Mike. “I like our team, and I’m down here (in Houston) preparing for this game, so I don’t really understand what they’re talking about. I heard about it right before we got on the plane to leave. But I can assure you that we prepare each week the way that you’re supposed to prepare, and I like the fact that our team knows how to do that.”

So while Petrino is denying his staff had any knowledge of leaked game plans, Jurich admits Petrino’s staff accepted and used those same leaked game plans. All this at a school that recently went through a scandal in which head basketball coach Rick Pitino claimed to have zero knowledge of his assistants using prostitutes to lure recruits.

2) Why does Jurich find no issue with his assistants using stolen information? Instead of being concerned of his staff’s complicity in comprising the integrity of college football, he’s annoyed the scandal has affected prep for a game that is still more than two weeks away.

3) Is the ACC going to accept Louisville knowing using stolen information from another league member without a statement of its own?

We still don’t know how many other times Elrod leaked Wake’s game plans and, more importantly, to whom he leaked them. But that Wake Forest had to discover for itself that its integrity was being compromised is the most disturbing aspect of this troubling situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom