Walkon? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Walkon?

Let's say three guys foul out and we need a big, who would be the walkon JB would put in?
victory goes to the best prepared . . . time to start dressing Silent G in MLC's jersey

Gerry Mac.

You think if Gerry went out there we could pretend he is TC?

Noel James. Didn't he play D2 in Delaware? The guy is built.

Noel Jones is from Canada. I don't know if he ever played in Delaware.

Noel Jones is from Canada. I don't know if he ever played in Delaware.

For some reason I think he played either D2 or D3, and his dream was to play/walk in at Cuse...I think it's him.

For some reason I think he played either D2 or D3, and his dream was to play/walk in at Cuse...I think it's him.

He did play prep ball in Connecticut. That's all I got.

Get a FB player stat. One who played HS ball.
I believe there is an official roster that has to be filled out before the semester starts or very early into the semester. That's how it worked when I played college ball. The NCAA doesn't allow random players to play on the team.

lol! have you seen the walk-ons? Suit up one of the coaches

Made me laugh out loud - good reply.

Seriously, talk about your all-time worst season for us to lose bodies. All through November, all we could talk about at the end of games was how bad the walk-ons were - in decades, we'd never seen a clumsier group of kids closing out games.

Made me laugh out loud - good reply.

Seriously, talk about your all-time worst season for us to lose bodies. All through November, all we could talk about at the end of games was how bad the walk-ons were - in decades, we'd never seen a clumsier group of kids closing out games.

I think the walk-ons are a farm system to help our APR before they were basketball players who weren't great athletes.

I think the walk-ons are a farm system to help our APR before they were basketball players who weren't great athletes.

A clever change in strategy, for sure

JB said on UFR about an hour ago that MLC will be getting more time, FWIW. He's the fall back.

JB said on UFR about an hour ago that MLC will be getting more time, FWIW. He's the fall back.
Heard that too

headshot_1_Lyde-Cajuste.jpg

Matt Lyde-Cajuste is a 6-4, 210-pound senior who is on scholarship this season. Lyde-Cajuste played at Iona Prep. He's appeared in nine games this season for a total of 12 minutes. He works out with the team's forwards in practice.

Here he is

A few years ago CuseBarney checked out the Melo Center and reported back to the board that he was very impressed by one of the walk ons. After doing a little research we discovered it was Matt Lyde-Cajuste.

Here is a Mike Waters piece from September about Matt being given a scholarship

Here is a piece on him at Orange Fizz from 2011

Didn't both Ashton Broyld and Nick Robinson play basketball in high school? Tough to get in basketball shape though in limited time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom