WandaVision | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

WandaVision

I think most of them are based on existing storylines.

How old are your kids?

They are still elementary school aged. I normally wouldn't do PG-13 movies with them, but I didn't think these films were too bad outside of the comic-y violence.

I knew absolutely nothing about comic books or the comic book movies last year, but during lock-down we watched a Marvel movie every Friday night as a family and I thought they were overall really fun (Thank you Disney+). I didn't expect the characters to be so likable and thought it'd be shallow movies centered around explosions and CGI.

Are all of these movies/shows based on comic books' storylines or are these new/original arcs for the existing characters?

Mixture, across both films and shows.

50+ years of source material brings a LOT of fodder for ideas, but the movies in particular take those base concepts and present them in new, fresh, and entertaining ways.

They are still elementary school aged. I normally wouldn't do PG-13 movies with them, but I didn't think these films were too bad outside of the comic-y violence.
Interesting. My kids are also still in elementary school and they’ve seen all the Star Wars movies. My oldest has seen all of the Indiana Jones, although we didn’t let her watch Temple of Doom until she turned 10.

I just watched Captain Marvel with her over the weekend and that’s the first from the MCU she’s seen. We’re probably watching the Ant-Man movies next. My wife doesn’t think Iron Man is appropriate yet, so I’m creatively working around that for now.

It’s Friday morning so you know what that means!

I have to say I do miss the feeling of having to wait a week for a new episode to drop as opposed to binging an entire season at a time.

Latest episode -- wow.

Was going to post some spoilers, but I won't. Needless to say, lots of really interesting / cool stuff happened in Episode 6.

Latest episode -- wow.

Was going to post some spoilers, but I won't. Needless to say, lots of really interesting / cool stuff happened in Episode 6.
I'm fairly certain there's a Spiderman and Venom Easter Egg. Did you notice that?

What the hell...

Man, some big developments in this episode:
  • Flashback costumes -- awesome
  • Funny "explanation" for Quicksilver's comic book hair -- well done!
  • Monica Rambeau's origin story for her getting powers

Yeah with my wife knocked out from yesterday's shot #2 and me wfh/consulting, we just finished watching it. Great episode, it gets weirder and weirder.

Really excited to see what comes of Darcy now being in the bubble.

Seemed to indicate that Vision dies if he leaves the barrier? Wonder if that's true for Quicksilver too.

With the Monica reveal and the kiddos, looks like they're going to spin out some full on new superhero characters.

Not sure what to make of the Agnes conversation.

The Spiderman and Venom Easter egg happens on the establishing shots of the town square Halloween party.

Also, the fake commercial was super creepy.

This show rocks. So weird.

Also if can be honest I always thought the therories I’ve seen online that Agnes was pulling all the strings were stupid. I’m glad that I’ve been vindicated.

Also as a non comic nerd I had no idea that Monica got powers. So that’ll be cool to see.

I’m interested to see if this is the way the MCU introduces us to the X-Men and other mutants. Wanda could be the reason mutants are created.

Also wondering if Monica’s “guy” is none other than Reed Richards. This would be a great way to introduce the Fantastic Four into the MCU.

The “Kick-ass” reference was really cool too and a subtle nod to both actors who played Quicksilver as they were both in that movie. Love all the Easter eggs being thrown at us.

I’m interested to see if this is the way the MCU introduces us to the X-Men and other mutants. Wanda could be the reason mutants are created.

Also wondering if Monica’s “guy” is none other than Reed Richards. This would be a great way to introduce the Fantastic Four into the MCU.

The “Kick-ass” reference was really cool too and a subtle nod to both actors who played Quicksilver as they were both in that movie. Love all the Easter eggs being thrown at us.
You might be onto something:

spoiler below.

Thought Agnes being Agatha was pretty obvious for anyone who read the comics. Really interested to see if they bring in more of the fantastic four before the season ends. Two more episodes. Really liking how it’s shaping up.

Also if can be honest I always thought the therories I’ve seen online that Agnes was pulling all the strings were stupid. I’m glad that I’ve been vindicated.

Also as a non comic nerd I had no idea that Monica got powers. So that’ll be cool to see.
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
TBF there is certainly more to it... zooming in on that cicada on the curtain was likely in homage to who I suspect Celuck thinks is the real villain.

There are only a few episodes left, no idea how they're going to wrap this up.

TBF there is certainly more to it... zooming in on that cicada on the curtain was likely in homage to who I suspect Celuck thinks is the real villain.
Celuck posted that after episode 6.

Awesomeness

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors