Warrick still punishing rims | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Warrick still punishing rims

Definitely saw some flashes of the old Hakim in those clips. He's still got some gas left in the tank.

After playing an entire season of organized ball, he'll really kill it if he plays in TBT this summer.

I think if Warrick had been able to develop a three point shot, he'd still be in the league. Even in those highlights, 90+ percent of his buckets were in the paint. NBA fours need to be able to shoot these days.

He'd also been out of organized ball for a couple of years, and was playing against younger guys who were in their prime that were.

Not exactly. He'd been out of the NBA for a couple years, but he's been playing pro ball overseas every year since, except for this year playing in the G-League.

Definitely saw some flashes of the old Hakim in those clips. He's still got some gas left in the tank.

After playing an entire season of organized ball, he'll really kill it if he plays in TBT this summer.

The upfake on his last basket was an exact facsimile of his famous dunk from the block over Dennis Whatshisface at Notre Dame.

Very cool to see.

The upfake on his last basket was an exact facsimile of his famous dunk from the block over Dennis Whatshisface at Notre Dame.

Very cool to see.

Thought the same thing and I was waiting for him to hammer it.

Not exactly. He'd been out of the NBA for a couple years, but he's been playing pro ball overseas every year since, except for this year playing in the G-League.

IIRC, Warrick wasn't playing overseas at the time of his first participation in TBT, but if you say so I stand corrected.

IIRC, Warrick wasn't playing overseas at the time of his first participation in TBT, but if you say so I stand corrected.

I believe that he was in between gigs, but he has played professionally overseas each year since he left the NBA.

Yep, Iowa Wolves. I had tickets a couple weeks ago to take my daughter but she was sick.
I went to a G-League in Washington - dark stadium, very few fans there - wasn't a great experience. I'm interestested in hearing how it is in other arenas.

I went to a G-League in Washington - dark stadium, very few fans there - wasn't a great experience. I'm interestested in hearing how it is in other arenas.

Well I have been to several events at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines and its a very nice facility. They have held NCAA tourney games there.

Well I have been to several events at Wells Fargo Arena in Des Moines and its a very nice facility. They have held NCAA tourney games there.

And bacon-fest, so.....

how was "warwick" not invited to the NCAA slam contest ?

Very cool to see.

This was one of my favorite Hak dunks (and of course, teabaggin Royal Ivey)

This was one of my favorite Hak dunks (and of course, teabaggin Royal Ivey)

I think that's the best in game dunk a Syracuse player has ever had.

Wow, almost forgot "Twizzler Man's" incredible ups... That's National Championship quality length. Kinda miss 6'9"-6'10" forwards; seems like we are shifting to Villanova style forwards? Copycat league?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom