Washington Huskies | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Washington Huskies

UW could pretty easily make the tourney. I mean, if the season ended today they wouldn't, but they have plenty of time to right the ship
It would have to be a sharp turnaround. They’re 1-7 since January 1. And they’ll have to do it without Quade Green. He won’t be back until at least March 20, if he manages to get himself academically eligible by then.

It would have to be a sharp turnaround. They’re 1-7 since January 1. And they’ll have to do it without Quade Green. He won’t be back until at least March 20, if he manages to get himself academically eligible by then.
Selection Sunday is before 3/20. They are so close to done

anybody looking at the UDub boards? Is reaction as expected or not that bad?

I don't think it will happen, but if teams like Oregon and Colorado are the class of the P12, I see no reason why UW can't make a run.

I'm really curious if Hop is just frustrated by McDaniels or if he thinks that McDaniels is hurting them on the floor. Too many "me first" guys on that squad, and it's just a weird mix of players. Green transferred in the middle of last season. Prior to the Green transfer, what was their game plan at PG for this season?

I don't think it will happen, but if teams like Oregon and Colorado are the class of the P12, I see no reason why UW can't make a run.

I'm really curious if Hop is just frustrated by McDaniels or if he thinks that McDaniels is hurting them on the floor. Too many "me first" guys on that squad, and it's just a weird mix of players. Green transferred in the middle of last season. Prior to the Green transfer, what was their game plan at PG for this season?
Good points and good question. I guess Tshonis who was supposed to redshirt.

Funny thing, they don't have 1 guy commited for this years recruiting class.

Hops east coast ties are drying up and he hasn't established himself on the west coast enough

They had something like 4 seniors last year. And Nowell left early to go 2nd round. One was Crisp a 3 year starter at PG.

They needed Quade after losing that much.

Fultz was overrated for them but nothing like McDaniels who is awful despite the size and athleticism. Stewart is a stud and will be a great NBA player especially if he can slip to a good team.

Chances are they lose 2 lottery picks get no big recruits but still end up better next year. They did beat Baylor same kids. P12 doesn’t suck. Watching SEC B12 games today had me thinking those 2 are 4/5 and P12 is 3 and ACC and B1G are 1/2.

Another loss for Hop and Huskies, a home loss to Zona. Buried in last place in Pac 12.

Too many turnovers and stupid fouls down the stretch.

If we don't make the NCAAs, does anybody think the NIT will get creative and set up a Wasington-Syracuse matchup?

If we don't make the NCAAs, does anybody think the NIT will get creative and set up a Wasington-Syracuse matchup?
If the season ended today they’re probably not a NIT team

Need shooters to win. Same reason some of our former teams have sucked.
None of our former teams have sucked...unless you were alive to watch games in the late 60s.

Below is what "suck" looks like:

1580474103704.png

Thinking about Hop for a second

1st I bet he was annoyed with Stewart over his JB comments, depending on the terms Hop left SU. JB was a mentor to him, hopefully there was no ill will when he left
2nd I can see this ending bad for Hop, he loses Stewart after this year and who knows if Carter and McDaniels returns, no recruits currently committed and if they are as bad or worse next year does he get another year
which
3rd allows him to return on the bench as an assistant for the 21-22 season and then JB can retire when Buddy graduates and the head coach in waiting is back in place for a season

Of course one of the assistants would have to make room for this and this is just a silly prediction

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom