Washington looking good | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Washington looking good

All day. I understand athleticism can come in all sizes, but our 'bigs' that are 210 or less are not the same as a guy who is 230+. Don't know enough to comment on the hoops nutritionist, but maybe they should look at our football model?
So...would you trade our roster for theirs? I'd love to have a guy like Dickerson inside and Thybulle can play for anybody.

Maybe Hop got Stewart in part because he had a guy like Dickerson to show him how he might be used there. Washington has 5 guys on their roster weighing between 235 and 265.

Hop’s zone is actually functionally a lot different than Boeheim’s. He relies on the guards up top to cover more space and he actually asks them to go out and guard past the line, instead of stopping at the line. The wings don’t come up quite as high, so they don’t give up nearly as many corner 3s as we do. Hop also halfcourt traps out if it a few times a game (he did it a couple times today with good effect). Hop tends to adjust it throughout the game. The centers also don’t come out as far up into the paint so they don’t get players sneaking behind them for easy buckets as much as we do.

They have a lot of the same issues rebounding out of the zone and are really susceptible to good offensive rebounding teams. Offensively they run hot/cold like no team I’ve ever seen. They’ll rip of 13 points in 4 minutes then follow that up with a 7 minute stretch with 4 TOs and 0-6 shooting.

Has he gotten a NY kid he wasn’t involved with when he was at SU?
Why was a top 5 recruit's relationship with an assistant so much better than it was with the head coach? Do kids go to Duke because of the assistants or coach K?

Why was a top 5 recruit's relationship with an assistant so much better than it was with the head coach? Do kids go to Duke because of the assistants or coach K?

He went to Washington because of the head coach.

He went to Washington because of the head coach.
I see what you tried to do there. The relationship was established when Hop was at SU, right? Why was an elite prospect closer to Washington's head coach/SU's former assistant than he was to SU's head coach? He was considered an elite prospect for a while, right? Does JB just hand those guys off to his assistants? Does K lose those players to assistants that leave to take head coaching positions?

Come on bees. I know you're way closer to the program than me, but this aligns with what some of the recruiting insiders have said in the past when they suggested JB was starting to coast on the recruiting trail.

I hate David Crisp. He should get 0 minutes against UNC.

You have to dance with the one who brought you.
Jamal Bey, Jaylen Nowell, Naz Carter, Thybull and Dickerson is best group defensively/offensively. We need to roll with that against UNC to have a shot.

Crisp can get hot but he sucks other than that. Stupid turnovers, shots, and defensive lapses. He’s awful. Cannot wait for Quade Green.

Jamal Bey, Jaylen Nowell, Naz Carter, Thybull and Dickerson is best group defensively/offensively. We need to roll with that against UNC to have a shot.

Crisp can get hot but he sucks other than that. Stupid turnovers, shots, and defensive lapses. He’s awful. Cannot wait for Quade Green.
I have watched most of their games this year. You are right. I think Hop is a lot like JB and Crisp is gonna get his run.
On the plus side, when he's hot...

I have watched most of their games this year. You are right. I think Hop is a lot like JB and Crisp is gonna get his run.
On the plus side, when he's hot...
Yeah he’ll play him but I hope we never have a PG like him. Getting Quade for us is a game changer especially if we get Jaden McDaniels and Nowell stays that team would be stacked.

Honestly if we hit threes against UNC. We can beat anyone because our defense keeps us in every game.

Yeah he’ll play him but I hope we never have a PG like him. Getting Quade for us is a game changer especially if we get Jaden McDaniels and Nowell stays that team would be stacked.

Honestly if we hit threes against UNC. We can beat anyone because our defense keeps us in every game.

If Nowell stays and McDaniel comes there is no doubt in my mind that they're championship contenders. Losing Mattise sucks

I see what you tried to do there. The relationship was established when Hop was at SU, right? Why was an elite prospect closer to Washington's head coach/SU's former assistant than he was to SU's head coach? He was considered an elite prospect for a while, right? Does JB just hand those guys off to his assistants? Does K lose those players to assistants that leave to take head coaching positions?

Come on bees. I know you're way closer to the program than me, but this aligns with what some of the recruiting insiders have said in the past when they suggested JB was starting to coast on the recruiting trail.

I’m gonna say most recruits are closer to the asst recruiting them. That’s the person that sees them the most, talks to them the most, texts with the most, etc. The HC is more the closer even if they do get somewhat close to a recruit. When Mike was an asst here, he was great at building relationships with HS kids.

I’m gonna say most recruits are closer to the asst recruiting them. That’s the person that sees them the most, talks to them the most, texts with the most, etc. The HC is more the closer even if they do get somewhat close to a recruit. When Mike was an asst here, he was great at building relationships with HS kids.
Fair enough.

I believe I saw a pictue of JB hugging Joe Girard III the other day. Pretty sure he develops relationships.

I believe I saw a pictue of JB hugging Joe Girard III the other day. Pretty sure he develops relationships.

He does. But in general, the assts far more do.

If Nowell stays and McDaniel comes there is no doubt in my mind that they're championship contenders. Losing Mattise sucks

Losing Matisse, is going to be a tough pill
To swallow. I’ll feel much better next year if Nowell stays (and green coming in December).

Has he gotten a NY kid he wasn’t involved with when he was at SU?
Bottom line is he beat us for those kids. Kids that Jim should have also built a relationship with.

Watching David Crisp play basketball will make you want to gouge your eyes out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom