Washington vs Kansas | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Washington vs Kansas

I'll tell you why I root for Hop to do well. Boeheim is gone in 4 seasons (after this one), he's staying to coach his kid and then riding off into the sunset.

After that SU will need a good coach, and don't kid yourselves, Syracuse, NY is not a 'destination' job. The attraction for players right now is the HOF coach. Once he's gone, there ain't much left to really attract those top players. An up and coming coach may want to come to Syracuse because of the facilities and the tradition but once they make a name for themselves they'll be gone. We'll be a stepping stone job and nobody wants that.

Now Hopkins would be the kind of guy that would come and stay. So if he does really well and has success at Washington then he will have shown that hes a good head coach AND a guy that would come to Syracuse and STAY at Syracuse.

I'll tell you why I root for Hop to do well. Boeheim is gone in 4 seasons (after this one), he's staying to coach his kid and then riding off into the sunset.

After that SU will need a good coach, and don't kid yourselves, Syracuse, NY is not a 'destination' job. The attraction for players right now is the HOF coach. Once he's gone, there ain't much left to really attract those top players. An up and coming coach may want to come to Syracuse because of the facilities and the tradition but once they make a name for themselves they'll be gone. We'll be a stepping stone job and nobody wants that.

Now Hopkins would be the kind of guy that would come and stay. So if he does really well and has success at Washington then he will have shown that hes a good head coach AND a guy that would come to Syracuse and STAY at Syracuse.

Lawrence, Kansas and Lexington, KY are destination jobs though?

I don't think Hop leaves Washington unless he's canned.

don't kid yourselves, Syracuse, NY is not a 'destination' job. The attraction for players right now is the HOF coach. Once he's gone, there ain't much left to really attract those top players.
You're smoking something, dude. We have very good facilities, the best conference and media exposure, great fan support and top 2 in attendance year-in year-out. Sick of this "we're not worthy" garbage. This isn't football.

Also doesn’t inspire confidence in JB’s ability to make in-game adjustments to the 2-3. I’m guessing graham didn’t step into wide open 3’s tonight or his attempts would’ve been significantly higher.
He rarely tried to take a three even when he was wide open. Their whole team seemed a half step slower than when they played us.

This is a joke. The Syracuse job is not a stepping stone job unless a blue blood comes calling.

He rarely tried to take a three even when he was wide open. Their whole team seemed a half step slower than when they played us.

I must have watched a different game.

I saw a zone playing further out and more movement on both sides of the ball.

We certainly have a Costanza-esque element of our fanbase.
You guys are a blue blood program. You will be fine, you'll get a great coach, I could see Marshall leaving Wichita for Syracuse to be honest. Syracuse has earned the right to be arrogant and you guys should be. As we say at HH, "winners win, losers lose". Syracuse is a winning program. Half the site wanted to can Petersen after his first three years of 7-5, undeservedly so but it keeps the AD office honest.

I must have watched a different game.

I saw a zone playing further out and more movement on both sides of the ball.
A number of times in the second half he had good shots he didn't take. Against us he made room if he didn't get it. He wasn't even trying against Washington.

Even if a blueblood comes calling, it's only a step up if we can't match the offer. Syracuse has some unique selling points that UK and Duke can't replicate.
K and paypal will be gone over the next decade too...

You're smoking something, dude. We have very good facilities, the best conference and media exposure, great fan support and top 2 in attendance year-in year-out. Sick of this "we're not worthy" garbage. This isn't football.

I disagree. If I'm a 4-star, 5-star why am I coming to Syracuse instead of UNC, Duke, Kentucky, etc.? The ONLY reason we compete with the schools for recruits is because of Boeheim.

And I might in fact be smoking something. Thats a very good guess on your part.

Last edited:
Even if a blueblood comes calling, it's only a step up if we can't match the offer. Syracuse has some unique selling points that UK and Duke can't replicate.

Such as? A 30,000 seat arena? Okay, well thats sort of in limbo right now anyway because there is no set plan as to what SU is going to do with the Dome. And a very large, very empty arena isn't a whole lot of fun as the football tewam will tell you.

What else does Syracuse have that these other schools don't offer?

K and paypal will be gone over the next decade too...

Duke IS Duke. With or without Coach K. Always will be.

UK has continued their success through multiple coaching changes because of their storied history and multiple championships. Syracuse doesn't have that.

Hey look, I hope I'm wrong I just don't think Syracuse is an attractive destination for a good coach to want to stay for 10-20 years unless he (she?) already has ties to the area.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom