Washington vs Kansas | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Washington vs Kansas

The UW basketball message boards have never had so many posts (though we still posted more about the game than UW fans) and they're stunned that they won, with many posts like "Coaching matters!!"...Hop is getting a lot of good press in a fan community that didn't expect to ever win a game like this...Congrats Hop!!

where'd you find a UW message board?

Well this does show Hop will get the job done in time.
Also doesn’t inspire confidence in JB’s ability to make in-game adjustments to the 2-3. I’m guessing graham didn’t step into wide open 3’s tonight or his attempts would’ve been significantly higher.

Get out! This is awesome news to come home to. I may watch the replay. Almost as happy as I would be if we beat them. Great win for Hop and the Cuse family.

Also doesn’t inspire confidence in JB’s ability to make in-game adjustments to the 2-3. I’m guessing graham didn’t step into wide open 3’s tonight or his attempts would’ve been significantly higher.

Hop spoke to the SU staff and made adjustments. He told his guys not to give up any threes or lobs, and allowed the shots in the lane. It was essentially a 4-1 zone at times. And they put their lankiest athlete at the top of the zone in Graham's face. It would have been like us putting Brissett up there. Plus, his guys were scoring.

Hop spoke to the SU staff and made adjustments. He told his guys not to give up any threes or lobs, and allowed the shots in the lane.
or maybe he read this board because we’ve had multiple posts after the last few games screaming for JB to make teams beat us from the post. Kudos to Hop but if Washington played KU first I doubt JB would be willing to make such radical changes to his 2-3 philosophy.

Watching Hops squad now on the replay, they just took the three point shot out of the game for Kansas.

I forgot the poster who posted it, but Washington is just allowing Kansas to try and beat them by the foul line shot and taking away everything else.

Hey guys I'm a Husky fan just thought I'd dropped in. Wow what an incredible win! That's what a well coached game looks like? I haven't seen a well coached Washington team ever. Romar was god awful, a roll the balls out type coach, Hop is a god send. We are a football school, but are people amped up for this basketball team, that has been ignored for pretty much 7 years since we last made the tourney.

Hey guys I'm a Husky fan just thought I'd dropped in. Wow what an incredible win! That's what a well coached game looks like? I haven't seen a well coached Washington team ever. Romar was god awful, a roll the balls out type coach, Hop is a god send. We are a football school, but are people amped up for this basketball team, that has been ignored for pretty much 7 years since we last made the tourney.

Welcome! You guys got a great coach in Hop. He was a great recruiter for us and looks like he's on his way to do that over there as well so far along with his staff (which I think Hop did a great job assembling).

Impressive victory for Washington tonight, I've been trying to watch as many games as possible and supporting Hop for everything he's done for us the past few decades on the court and on the sidelines. I wish Hop and Washington the best.

Won't get any easier for Kansas - playing Arizona State this weekend. It's at home but they still could be looking at 2 losses in a row.

Great win for Hop! Happy for him.

Idk why people think hops success is a good thing.
And why shouldn’t it be?
Two types of perspectives in life: Scarcity vs abundance.
If you see the world from a scarcity perspective you’re always thinking selfishly. There’s never enough of anything so you wanna keep everything for yourself- just in case it runs out!
Abundance perspective says there’s more than enough to go around. That rooting for and helping someone else, opens up more opportunities ultimately for your success as well.
Hop never fails to mention the Cuse, and his success is always referenced to JB’s coaching & influence. Can’t see why that would be a bad thing. Besides, he’s family! JMHO

Last edited:
Last edited:
I guess Kansas is not that great team that some had annoited them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom