Washington | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Washington

Washington has point guard skills, but he also gave up three threes in about two minutes. He looks physically fragile. He does not bring more to the table than Goodine. He will not play.
Agreed. His defense is what will ultimately limit his PT

And Buddy and Girard are both young idk if you can lean on them for 40 minutes in ACC play as I feel like that is what JB is gonna do.
i don't think he will. he was perfectly willing to play eli & marek all 40 vs uva, but not buddy.

virginia game guard minutes
buddy 32
jgiii 22.5
jalen 17.5
goodine 8

i think that is pretty close to how it shakes out for the season, maybe joey & brycen bumping up a few minutes each at jalen's expense.

of course, this is because i think jalen is going to stick it out. if i'm wrong that changes the calculus. whether that means more for the freshmen or whether howard cracks the rotation . . . ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That’s called poor coaching. How many weeks have they been practicing? He has more excuses than anyone I know to try and justify why he won’t play more than 7 players. It’s getting so old.

What's wrong with playing 7? Virginia and Texas Tech played an OT thriller in the title game in April. Texas Tech played 7 kids, with 3 playing more than 40 minutes. UVA played 6 kids and had 3 that played more than 40 minutes.

You play the kids that will help you win.

Just watched the Colgate game. Was glad HoWash got some run, but was sad to see where he is. Doesn't seem nearly as poised as he was before the knee injury, and man, he looks like he lost 10-15 pounds minimum. I hope he continues to work hard, because he has some great vision on the court, but not sure he's at the level he needs to be in order to contribute, which makes me sad.

What's wrong with playing 7? Virginia and Texas Tech played an OT thriller in the title game in April. Texas Tech played 7 kids, with 3 playing more than 40 minutes. UVA played 6 kids and had 3 that played more than 40 minutes.

You play the kids that will help you win.

Duke plays 6 or 7 every year now, it seems.

7-8 is standard IMO.

Duke plays 6 or 7 every year now, it seems.

7-8 is standard IMO.

Saw the Tennessee/UW boxscore the other day. Tennessee played basically 6 kids. The 7th player got 6 minutes. Hopkins played 7 with two other kids getting 6-7 minutes.

Saw the Tennessee/UW boxscore the other day. Tennessee played basically 6 kids. The 7th player got 6 minutes. Hopkins played 7 with two other kids getting 6-7 minutes.

So Hop played 9. That's the math there.

Yeah. And when we played 8 last game, I’ve got people texting me and people posting here talking about “same old Boeheim, playing 6 again”.

Right. Boeheim played 9 kids more than 10 MPG last year.

He played 7 kids more than 10 minutes.

Against Tennessee. A real big boy team.

I won't speak for everyone else, but I'd like to see us run out a couple extra guys a few minutes every game so that guys like Buddy, who rely on their legs for their shooting, don't wear out. JB is wrong, kids do get tired, and with the three point line even farther back this year, our guys in the zone are going to have to cover even more distance.

I won't speak for everyone else, but I'd like to see us run out a couple extra guys a few minutes every game so that guys like Buddy, who rely on their legs for their shooting, don't wear out. JB is wrong, kids do get tired, and with the three point line even farther back this year, our guys in the zone are going to have to cover even more distance.

I think this is player dependent to an extent. Some players can play the whole game effectively. Some can’t. Depends largely on their bodies and playing styles IMO.

We played 9 against Virginia, also a real big boy team. Washington got killed against UT, who played 6 kids. Don't think it matters much.

Played 11 against Colgate and 10 against Seattle.

Most teams play 7-8

We played 9 against Virginia, also a real big boy team. Washington got killed against UT, who played 6 kids.

Played 11 against Colgate and 10 against Seattle.

Most teams play 7-8

Only 7 vs UVA. The other two played less than 10 each.

I think this is player dependent to an extent. Some players can play the whole game effectively. Some can’t. Depends largely on their bodies and playing styles IMO.

1 game maybe, but that's not the formula I'm talking about. I'm talking about the long view.

but JB played 9. That's the math there.

You're like Captain America.

steve-rogers-captain-america-civil-war-282.jpg

JB played 9 last year. Will probably go 8-9 this year.
We had three players in the top 10 of minutes played last year, and none of those were in the top 10 for best players last year. I'll admit, Battle was close.

I mean you can't have it both ways. When Hopkins plays 7 he's really playing 9, but when JB does the exact same thing he's only playing 7? C'mon buddy.
I was being sarcastic captain.

We had three players in the top 10 of minutes played last year, and none of those were in the top 10 for best players last year. I'll admit, Battle was close.

9 played last year: Battle, Hughes, Brisett, Howard, Boeheim, Chuckwu, Dolejaz, Sidibe, Carey

UVA won the title playing 8 kids.

9 played last year: Battle, Hughes, Brisett, Howard, Boeheim, Chuckwu, Dolejaz, Sidibe, Carey

UVA won the title playing 8 kids.

Gotta look at games played too though. Carey averaged 12 mpg - but he was playing a lot early in the year when Howard was hurt and when Howard was just coming back.

Carey picked up 9 DNPs, so there was a stretch where he was out of the rotation completely.

I’d say 8 would be most accurate. A couple times it went to 9, a couple times(when Sidibe didn’t play a few games) it went down to 7. But it was 8 for the most part.

Boeheim prefers to only play three guards.

To me, Washington looks like he's fourth in the three player rotation [assuming Carey leaves; if he doesn't, then Washington could be 5th in the pecking order].

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom