Watching Lydon | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching Lydon

Talked to Seth Greenberg a few weeks ago and he said Jimmy was surprised Lydon declared and that he needed another year at SU. Indicated he would have been lottery pick in 2018 if he stayed. Can't say I blame Lyndon for leaving, but he does seem overmatched in the summer league games, let alone the real NBA. Guessing he plays a few years in D league and needs to find the right situation. Nuggets seem to be stacked with similar players who are stronger physically. Again, can't blame Lydon for leaving as never know if you are going to blow out a knee.
What a great post. Literally nothing in it was accurate. From the players name, to Boeheim being surprised to Lydon being a lottery pick. Are you sure you talked to Seth Greenberg? It might have been Doug Gottlieb.

I think he did make a smart move. When you get "assurances" that there's first-round interest ... of course. You have to take that opportunity.

As far as his play in the summer league, I haven't seen him yet. His stat lines are up/down for shooting, but he's contributing on a bunch of other levels. He's not yet at his peak strength-wise. But he's showing he can hang and I think the shot will come.

For those claiming he disappointed last year ... I mean ... it's not like we were show-casing him at center.

The conditioning will improve as Denver erases the damage Hicks did.

What a great post. Literally nothing in it was accurate. From the players name, to Boeheim being surprised to Lydon being a lottery pick. Are you sure you talked to Seth Greenberg? It might have been Doug Gottlieb.
Exhibit A as to why people who have information often don't share it here.

Could you have acted anymore like a jerk?

Bilas made a joke about Dinasaur BBQ when he got drafted. But he's now at BB university all summer, coming up on a slate of 80+ games this year. The baby fat's about to evaporate.

Last edited:
Just watching last night, Lydon looked pretty fit and was moving well on defense. He looked lost on offense, just standing outside the arc where he was easy to guard.

counterbalanced by the fact he is now going to be on a much more hectic schedule with travel, four games in five nights, money to buy as many munchies as he wants...

not saying he wont get in great shape, just that the history of the league tells us guys can go either way.

The basketball team has their own strength and conditioning coach. Very unlikely Lydon worked with Hicks

I think Malachi getting hurt and still not being healthy reinforces this point.
Wait, what? We have a bad S&C program? On whose authority do you have that?

Wait, what? We have a bad S&C program? On whose authority do you have that?

I didn't say that. I was saying Malachi getting hurt reinforces the point that he made a good decision leaving early.

I didn't say that. I was saying Malachi getting hurt reinforces the point that he made a good decision leaving early.

Or he wasn't ready for the stress of the NBA and is now behind a bunch of guys.

Just watching last night, Lydon looked pretty fit and was moving well on defense. He looked lost on offense, just standing outside the arc where he was easy to guard.
Fran commented on Lydon, while not hitting a lot of 3's, did many other things right, and as a coach loved how his ball movement was (which the nuggs have emphasized). He does seem to be able to hold his own on d. I did see that same thing he was doing last year of passing up shots, and passing the ball though. With the nuggs emphasis on ball movement, maybe he was told that was a good thing? Not sure what to make of it yet.

Fran commented on Lydon, while not hitting a lot of 3's, did many other things right, and as a coach loved how his ball movement was (which the nuggs have emphasized). He does seem to be able to hold his own on d. I did see that same thing he was doing last year of passing up shots, and passing the ball though. With the nuggs emphasis on ball movement, maybe he was told that was a good thing? Not sure what to make of it yet.

Seems like the Nuggets are moving to pace and space style a la the Warriors. I will say watching the summer league games Beasley drives me nuts. He's a little bit of a chucker, where the other guys seems to be very willing passers.

Seems like the Nuggets are moving to pace and space style a la the Warriors. I will say watching the summer league games Beasley drives me nuts. He's a little bit of a chucker, where the other guys seems to be very willing passers.
Yeah the Warriors and the original great passing team/ball movement, the Spurs. Yeah Beasley a little erratic, saw coach Malone in an interview saying something like, yeah he got 29 the other night but did it on 30 shots, can't have that. They are really liking Monte Morris though.

I took kirbivore's comment as sarcasm, for all the blame Hicks got.

Not sarcasm. I take any and all shots to bash Hicks, going back to the Jamal Dumas gut incident of 2002. One of my old signatures was "Fire Will Hicks"

Did Kyrie Irving get hurt in college due to the stress of playing at Duke?

Just asinine comments here

Did Kyrie Irving get hurt in college due to the stress of playing at Duke?

Just asinine comments here

Thanks. You named an all star.

Some guys are ready, other guys aren't. The Sixers seem to have a lot of young guys hurt. They go from coasting in high school to NBA camp in a pretty short period of time, the stress is different.

Thanks. You named an all star.

Some guys are ready, other guys aren't. The Sixers seem to have a lot of young guys hurt. They go from coasting in high school to NBA camp in a pretty short period of time, the stress is different.

Harry Giles got hurt due to the stress at Duke.

Harry Giles got hurt due to the stress at Duke.

Simmons, Okafor, Holmes, Embiid, Noel, MCW...

Colleges also used to redshirt guys to get them stronger.

The NBA system encourages this so so be it.

Not sarcasm. I take any and all shots to bash Hicks, going back to the Jamal Dumas gut incident of 2002. One of my old signatures was "Fire Will Hicks"
My bad then. Thinking back I think I do remember us being on opposite sides of this. No biggie, since in actuality this is about hoops anyways.

Embiid got hurt at Kansas. Noel tore his ACL at Kentucy. MCW should've stayed three years I guess?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom