Watching Lydon | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Watching Lydon

Embiid got hurt at Kansas. Noel tore his ACL at Kentucy. MCW should've stayed three years I guess?

The rookie wall was always a thing for the four year guys. Somehow Malachi's injury would've transferred to him in Syracuse.

What a great post. Literally nothing in it was accurate. From the players name, to Boeheim being surprised to Lydon being a lottery pick. Are you sure you talked to Seth Greenberg? It might have been Doug Gottlieb.
OK so I had a typo. Yes, I played golf with Seth Geenberg at Pebble Beach (he was a speaker and does a leadership talk on being on the bubble)and he talked to Jimmy B. the day prior...Really great guy with a lot of insight. He also said that Syracuse will be better than people think next year getting Chukwu back and the incoming class is very good...

OK so I had a typo. Yes, I played golf with Seth Geenberg at Pebble Beach (he was a speaker and does a leadership talk on being on the bubble)and he talked to Jimmy B. the day prior...Really great guy with a lot of insight. He also said that Syracuse will be better than people think next year getting Chukwu back and the incoming class is very good...
I agree Greenberg is great. I shouldn't have posted what I did. I was really tired and had a deal I'd been working on for 4 months fall apart. Still no excuse to be mean. Thanks for posting your experience with Greenberg.

You lost me at Chukwu...

Harry Giles got hurt due to the stress at Duke.

Harry Giles got hurt due to his injury history. Previous injury sets the tone for the future.

Back to the topic, Lydon's weaknesses are glaring at the next level. You can say this is Summer League if you want, but he's now playing against guys his size or bigger and will on a nightly basis. He has A LOT of work to do.

Harry Giles got hurt due to his injury history. Previous injury sets the tone for the future.

Back to the topic, Lydon's weaknesses are glaring at the next level. You can say this is Summer League if you want, but he's now playing against guys his size or bigger and will on a nightly basis. He has A LOT of work to do.

I'd say it's his shooting strength that hasn't shown up more than his weaknesses, but yeah definitely needs to hit the weights.

counting on Chukwu for anything is a scary proposition

So does every guy drafted outside the top 10. Go look at guys drafted in the 20s of the last 5 or 10 drafts. Maybe 1 guy per year turns into anything great and 2 others turn into solid rotation guys.

Not really shocked seeing his name at the top of the list. Poor showing for him. It is only the Summer League but hopefully he puts a lot of work in before the preseason.

Summertime Sadness: Biggest Disappointments from NBA Summer League

Calling it a poor showing is being very generous. 20% from the field and 13% from three, for a guy whose main NBA skill is supposed to be shooting, is just terrible. Maybe this is why he would only shoot if he was WIIIIIIIIDE open?

Calling it a poor showing is being very generous. 20% from the field and 13% from three, for a guy whose main NBA skill is supposed to be shooting, is just terrible. Maybe this is why he would only shoot if he was WIIIIIIIIDE open?

If he doesn't pan out I think it's safe to say he left at a perfect time and cashed a nice check.

Now he's got the rest of his rookie season to work on his game and not have to do extra stuff associated with classes. Smart decision.

Fran commented on Lydon, while not hitting a lot of 3's, did many other things right, and as a coach loved how his ball movement was (which the nuggs have emphasized). He does seem to be able to hold his own on d. I did see that same thing he was doing last year of passing up shots, and passing the ball though. With the nuggs emphasis on ball movement, maybe he was told that was a good thing? Not sure what to make of it yet.

make no mistake, the only reason the guy was drafted was because of his shooting ability. Nobody is keeping Lydon on the roster to do all the "little things" because there are legion of guys who cant shoot who can do that a lot better than lydon.

He will be fine.

he should be, if he invests well and saves his money. Even if he washes out of the league..compounding interest is a hell of a thing.

make no mistake, the only reason the guy was drafted was because of his shooting ability. Nobody is keeping Lydon on the roster to do all the "little things" because there are legion of guys who cant shoot who can do that a lot better than lydon.
That's not at all what I was getting at. Basically he had a rough shooting start, will that continue, no. The staff doesn't seem to be worried about him never being able to shoot. But everyone knows he can shoot, so when he did all the other stuff it made him look like an intelligent player who brings more than just his shot. Or, to effect his team in a positive way when his shots not falling.

Last edited:
And can't the thread title be fixed to spell his name right? Driving me crazy.

Seems to me it's more important fans are right at whether or not he's a bust or not. Not sure why our fan's don't support guys who go to the association. The stuff with Lydon is eerily similar to when Donte Greene left.

I support guys who are legitimate pros. Waiters was the last one who I looked at and thought he had staying power. Guys are leaving at the first chance they get. If you are good, the NBA will find you (CJ McCollum and Damian Lillard both say hello).

Where's Tyler Ennis? Carter Williams may join him next season as someone who struggles to get on a roster if he doesn't ball out in 2017-18. A lot of people here disagreed with Derrick Coleman when he said Lydon wasn't ready. Some went as far as to defame his character and bring up his money issues. Although he didn't pan out as many thought he would have, I'll take a professional's opinion over someone who plays Monday Morning Quarterback.

Re: Greene, he came to SU with that Dynasty garbage and didn't even sniff the NCAAs. Had he just came and played his game, the anger wouldn't have been as big. Dont'e Leave was pathetic. Him not panning out and washing out of the league sucks because he was a top 10 player in the country with tons of potential that flopped at the next level because he couldn't contribute immediately. Most teams aren't waiting for someone taking years to find their game.

I support guys who are legitimate pros. Waiters was the last one who I looked at and thought he had staying power. Guys are leaving at the first chance they get. If you are good, the NBA will find you (CJ McCollum and Damian Lillard both say hello).

Where's Tyler Ennis? Carter Williams may join him next season as someone who struggles to get on a roster if he doesn't ball out in 2017-18. A lot of people here disagreed with Derrick Coleman when he said Lydon wasn't ready. Some went as far as to defame his character and bring up his money issues. Although he didn't pan out as many thought he would have, I'll take a professional's opinion over someone who plays Monday Morning Quarterback.

Re: Greene, he came to SU with that Dynasty garbage and didn't even sniff the NCAAs. Had he just came and played his game, the anger wouldn't have been as big. Dont'e Leave was pathetic. Him not panning out and washing out of the league sucks because he was a top 10 player in the country with tons of potential that flopped at the next level because he couldn't contribute immediately. Most teams aren't waiting for someone taking years to find their game.

One of the worst posts in syracusefan history. Congrats. You join some pretty remarkable company.

I would actually reply with some legit debate, but it's not even worth destroying your take.

Lol. As usual a garbage selfish post by you. You clearly don't get it.

MCW is on a roster making 3 million.

Ennis will sign with someone next year as he finished solidly for the lakers.

Lydon struggles for 4 games in summer league and his career is over smh. Why even post this crap? And I don't remember anyone killing D.C. ever and I'm pretty sure there are a lot of professionals who drafted these guys.

Wow isn't that a hot take! Yeah there are some guys I wish I had stayed. But it seems ridiculous to not support guys if they represented the school well and played hard and just wanted to try to make some money playing ball.