Watching Quincy G playing for Oregon right now... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Watching Quincy G playing for Oregon right now...

THAT'S THE POINT. He clearly thought he wasn't being utilized in a way that showcased what he could/might be able to do. Who are you to say otherwise? I don't think anything that Q did or does would get him drafted, but just to take a sweeping comment like that is ridiculous and irresponsible. Also, just humor me... who are you exactly to say what Q could be or could not be? I'd love to hear that one.
Kids don’t need to “showcase their skills” to make the league. Players have been told that repeatedly.

Their handlers greed entices kids to make really bad decisions. So now the kid will have a crappy college experience and no shot at the NBA.

JB could have made the kid all ACC…(and no nba career).

Hard lessons for kids to learn.

THAT'S THE POINT. He clearly thought he wasn't being utilized in a way that showcased what he could/might be able to do. Who are you to say otherwise? I don't think anything that Q did or does would get him drafted, but just to take a sweeping comment like that is ridiculous and irresponsible. Also, just humor me... who are you exactly to say what Q could be or could not be? I'd love to hear that one.
Well, he’s surely showcasing now what he can’t do. He’s not showing any of his strengths either.

Good lord, he has ZERO chance at either place. Receive a good education at Syracuse and go play overseas.
Okay, so according to you, he should hang up his sneakers at any attempt to play in the nba because he has a zero chance. Seems well thought out by you because of his "zero" chance. Well maybe that's true, but maybe he disagrees. What exactly is wrong with that? Why are you the police on someone's dream? My god. But what would I expect from you.

who am I? just a message board poster like you so, relax. Lets not take opinions on former players personal

Kids don’t need to “showcase their skills” to make the league. Players have been told that repeatedly.

Of course they do. Don't be foolish. Come on. And I'm 1000000000000000000000% right.

Yeah, because that's what he was going for. SMH.

Jake, I respect your opinion on this board, but come on with the 1 and a bunch of zeroes. I'm not saying that Q was right. That wasn't my point. What I was trying to communicate was that if Q were to have continued to play the role that Jim wanted, no way would he be in position for the nba. No way, and everyone here knows that. Therefore, why shouldn't he try something different that allows him a better opportunity - even if that means he won't deliver?

He still would've had the NBA camps, and could always play the JB didn't let me shoot card. Those guys are used to Boeheim AAAA forward types.

Their handlers greed entices kids to make really bad decisions. So now the kid will have a crappy college experience and no shot at the NBA.

JB touted him as an AA candidate this year.

He still would've had the NBA camps, and could always play the JB didn't let me shoot card. Those guys are used to Boeheim AAAA forward types.
Why the hell would he do that when he has a chance to join another team one year earlier that can "hopefully" give him the opportunity to do what he thinks he can do. Why would he wait?? How would that help him?

Why the hell would he do that when he has a chance to join another team one year earlier that can "hopefully" give him the opportunity to do what he thinks he can do. Why would he wait?? How would that help him?

He would've been better off just declaring and get in the churn like Brissett did than going to a bad team, cut his scoring average by 60%, and fire up bricks.

Agree with Jake, lots of handlers with bad advice.

Maybe he should have gone to Kansas St. to play point guard.

So, you're assuming that he didn't "listen" to the HOF coach who knows all? I think we already know the fallacy in that assumption. Maybe the HOF coach should do some listening too at times. I think it's simple. If Q stayed and continued as Jim wanted, he would not sniff the nba. He wanted to take a chance to be utilized in a different way that might lead him to the nba. That probably won't happen, but was really his only chance. Not sure I see any issue with that (on either side).
If Jim saw that you were a shot maker, he would tell you to be a shot taker

I criticize JB on certain things, but he usually knows what his players can and cant do with a few exceptions, of course

in all honestly, i think he wanted to go G league but realized he wasn’t even good enough for that, I mentioned that last year

ouch

So you think Oshea should have stayed another year in the zone, right?

Q;s not shooting well, but he doesn't have a bad shot.
If only Q had Paul harris' dribble and defense, or Harris had Q's shot and another inch. Q knocked down 3-4 threes plenty of times for us last year.

Quincy all ACC?

Of course they do. Don't be foolish. Come on. And I'm 1000000000000000000000% right.

Yeah, because that's what he was going for. SMH.
We’re going to agree to disagree on this, but if you’ve ever sat next to an NBA scout (and maybe you have) and watched them evaluate a player, they don’t need reems of film. They can get all they need working a kid out and about a half of game action. And one of the qualities they actually do look at is “what does the player do to make winning plays”.

The evaluation process of a scout watching him shoot 1 three per game vs 6 threes per game is the same if his mechanics haven’t changed.

If Q’s motivation for leaving was to improve his mechanics, ok. But it just appears to be to launch more shots. There doesn’t seem to be much motivation to actually improve.

We’re going to agree to disagree on this, but if you’ve ever sat next to an NBA scout (and maybe you have) and watched them evaluate a player, they don’t need reems of film. They can get all they need working a kid out and about a half of game action. And one of the qualities they actually do look at is “what does the player do to make winning plays”.

The evaluation process of a scout watching him shoot 1 three per game vs 6 threes per game is the same if his mechanics haven’t changed.

If Q’s motivation for leaving was to improve his mechanics, ok. But it just appears to be to launch more shots. There doesn’t seem to be much motivation to actually improve.
Right, kid is classic in betweener. Not quick enough for guard at next level. Not a good enough shooter for forward at next level. Not gonna get quicker so only hope was to become better shooter. Not sure it happening. He could have differentiated by becoming a monster rebounder. Likely wasn’t going to happen here, hopefully he focuses on rebounding there

That's just it. Sometimes you can't/shouldn't trust your opinion of yourself and need to listen to people that can be objective. You have to understand what you can and can't do and improve on your weak skills before you attempt to display them. John Wallace went from shooting almost no 3's to being a very solid shooter his senior year.

If your point is that he has the right to do want he wants, regardless of how flawed, you're right. If the point is that he did what was ultimately the best thing to further his post college career, that's debateable. Maybe what would have been best would have been to listen to critiquing and improve.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom