Watching Quincy G playing for Oregon right now... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Watching Quincy G playing for Oregon right now...

That was when he was trying to keep him, and knew he was losing him.

"You would have been great here, kid. Too bad."

It also passive-aggressively puts pressure on the Oregon coach and on Quincy. JB mind game.

That’s BS. He made that comment, along with other positive ones, in an NCAA interview before the SD St game.

That was when he was trying to keep him, and knew he was losing him.

"You would have been great here, kid. Too bad."

It also passive-aggressively puts pressure on the Oregon coach and on Quincy. JB mind game.
Guerrier was named 3rd team ACC on March 8th. JB’s article praising Quincy was published in Sports Illustrated on March 17th, even before the NCAA tournament began. We were ousted on March 27th by Houston. JB usually has his end of year talks with players after the season. Guerrier announced he was entering the NBA draft on March 29th. Cole Swider announced his transfer on March 31st. Jimmy Boeheim announced his transfer on April 16. Quincy announced that he was staying in the NBA draft and also entering the transfer portal on April, 30. On July 1st, Quincy announced that he would be withdrawing from the NBA draft and playing for the Oregon Ducks.

If what you are saying was even close to true, then with your timing you are definitely accusing the Oregon Ducks and Dana Altman of tampering. Is that true? Are you saying that JB should have just waited to go after transfers till July after Quincy withdrew from the draft despite getting the same advice from the NBA that JB gave him and rejected despite telling him how important he was to the team? Sadly Guerrier’s decision helped neither Quincy, Dana Altman less JB and SU but it was his choice alone with his ‘advisors’.

Guerrier was named 3rd team ACC on March 8th. JB’s article praising Quincy was published in Sports Illustrated on March 17th, even before the NCAA tournament began. We were ousted on March 27th by Houston. JB usually has his end of year talks with players after the season. Guerrier announced he was entering the NBA draft on March 29th. Cole Swider announced his transfer on March 31st. Jimmy Boeheim announced his transfer on April 16. Quincy announced that he was staying in the NBA draft and also entering the transfer portal on April, 30. On July 1st, Quincy announced that he would be withdrawing from the NBA draft and playing for the Oregon Ducks.

If what you are saying was even close to true, then with your timing you are definitely accusing the Oregon Ducks and Dana Altman of tampering. Is that true? Are you saying that JB should have just waited to go after transfers till July after Quincy withdrew from the draft despite getting the same advice from the NBA that JB gave him and rejected despite telling him how important he was to the team? Sadly Guerrier’s decision helped neither Quincy, Dana Altman less JB and SU but it was his choice alone with his ‘advisors’.

No, that's not what I'm saying, Cherie. And I guess my timeline is wrong.

But my recollection of Boeheim saying Guerrier could be an All America next year was after the season was over. So, it looks like I got that part right.

I would think that Boeheim had an inkling that Guerrier wasn't returning for him to say that in the first place. He usually saves his praise in the press for the pre-season articles in the fall.

51 shot attempts in the season, 30 of them are from 3, and he’s shooting them at a 24% clip.

If that was the Quincy we were getting this year, no thanks. On our current team, he should shoot exactly “0” threes.
He’s shooting 24% just 2 1/2% worse than Buddy…., bud!

Was just scanning the scores now to see the Pitt/Monmouth score .. and Pitt is down 17-6 to Monmouth! Also saw Oregon playing Stanford.

Guerrier on pace for 40 points tonight.

OK the Game is also 5 minutes old. But I do want to see him do well unlike some others (not all) here.

Good game for Quincy. Led Oregon with 18. 2-2 from three, but took 7 shots inside, (only made 3), but got to the line (6-8) and grabbed 9 rebounds.

Looks like much more of an inside presence, with spot up looks from deep. It’s amazing how that works….

No, that's not what I'm saying, Cherie. And I guess my timeline is wrong.

But my recollection of Boeheim saying Guerrier could be an All America next year was after the season was over. So, it looks like I got that part right.

I would think that Boeheim had an inkling that Guerrier wasn't returning for him to say that in the first place. He usually saves his praise in the press for the pre-season articles in the fall.
The quotes regarding Quincy were published after the regular season but well before the NCAA tournament. I imagine he did have an inkling - coaches have contacts too. Their jobs depend on trying to know what to plan for. I don’t think it was a mind game though. He obviously didn’t know when the schedule was made up, before and during most of last season how his roster might change so drastically before 2021-2022. Each recruit is the result of years of work. Coaches know that everything can be turned upside down for a program if they don’t anticipate players who leave for the draft early so it’s a factor they can’t afford to ignore.

The new Covid rules and changing transfer portal rules this past year including the late July deadlines present a totally unique setting to adjust to. It’s already taken a toll resulting with coaches leaving who just can’t deal with these changes. Some people after the fact though were making up the scenario that JB was forcing Guerrier out, not wanting him in the program to make room for the transfer portal additions. No way this was the roster JB anticipated for this season a year ago - losing 6 players from last year’s roster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom